SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Leafs and Sense trade

Leafs and Sense trade

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Gordon_Bombay
Published: Aug. 28, 2020 at 4:32 p.m.
Description
Do you think the Sense should make that trade if available. Their prospect pool is fantastic I think, but I could see them move up for Askarov, giving them that top talent in net for the future
Aug. 28, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
That’s a great trade for both teams really. Ottawa needs a franchise .. well everything. I have a feeling Dubas moves that pick in a pkg deal to improve their D immediately.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 4:47 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
That’s a great trade for both teams really. Ottawa needs a franchise .. well everything. I have a feeling Dubas moves that pick in a pkg deal to improve their D immediately.

As a Leafs fan, I am actually quite worried about the Sens. They have a lot of young, good forwards,

They will add two elite prospects in the draft.

They have solid Ds

They are a difficult team to play

What they are lacking in my opinon is a legit long term starting goalie. This is why I was thinking they might consider that trade, as they are loaded with picks
Duggysdanglers liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 4:50 p.m.
Quoting: Gordon_Bombay
As a Leafs fan, I am actually quite worried about the Sens. They have a lot of young, good forwards,

They will add two elite prospects in the draft.

They have solid Ds

They are a difficult team to play

What they are lacking in my opinon is a legit long term starting goalie. This is why I was thinking they might consider that trade, as they are loaded with picks

I agree. It’s only a matter of time before they are competitive again. For the Sens it’s great. For the Leafs it’s not bad because they can still move those two picks for immediate help.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
THe biggest problem is askarov won't be available at 15
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:24 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: Duggysdanglers

I hear zaitsev could be had from Ottawa for the right price.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:31 p.m.
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
I hear zaitsev could be had from Ottawa for the right price.

Zaitsev is actually not that bad. The main reason why he was moved was because they did not have cap room
Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:48 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Edited Aug. 28, 2020 at 5:53 p.m.
I guess the real question is whether or not Askarov will still be there at 15..? Spencer Knight was highly regarded yet even he didn’t fall that far. Who knows ottawa might need to draft him at 5
Aug. 28, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
Quoting: TheGHANDI90
I guess the real question is whether or not Askarov will still be there at 15..? Spencer Knight was highly regarded yet even he didn’t fall that far. Who knows ottawa might need to draft him at 5

maybe, I don't see him in the top 10. I think he could be picked anywhere between 11 and 20. If he is there at 15. Call the Leafs
Aug. 28, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Gordon_Bombay
maybe, I don't see him in the top 10. I think he could be picked anywhere between 11 and 20. If he is there at 15. Call the Leafs

I mean realistically Det/Buf/Min/Nsh/Car/Edm could all use a top G prospect, maybe even throw NJ in there if they don’t think Blackwood will be good enough. But yeah that wld be ideal for the leafs I think too if he falls to 15. Can’t see it tho he’s a top 10 pick if Knight went at 13 last year and isn’t nearly as good.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 6:23 p.m.
Quoting: Asd24
THe biggest problem is askarov won't be available at 15

Either Carolina or Edmonton grab him.
Asd24 liked this.
Aug. 28, 2020 at 8:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
No to the trade. Rather have Schneider.

Grans is an offensive defenseman and Wallinder just does not seem like a good fit. In general Dubas is either gonna trade the pick for a muzzin like Dman or draft schneider/barron. Only way he trades down is if there is a guarantee schneider/barron will be available

In general Schneider and Barron are the better targets as Schneider is a very good defensive defenseman who can be offensive when need be and Barron if he bounces back has the potential to become a very good 2-way defenseman.
Aug. 29, 2020 at 4:47 a.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
No to the trade. Rather have Schneider.

Grans is an offensive defenseman and Wallinder just does not seem like a good fit. In general Dubas is either gonna trade the pick for a muzzin like Dman or draft schneider/barron. Only way he trades down is if there is a guarantee schneider/barron will be available

In general Schneider and Barron are the better targets as Schneider is a very good defensive defenseman who can be offensive when need be and Barron if he bounces back has the potential to become a very good 2-way defenseman.

I am not a fan of Schneider. I think he is a weaker Luke Schenn and in my opinion lacks upside beyond a bottom pair D. He might play in the NHL sooner than later as he is quite mature (also an older prospect. Only 9 days younger than Nick Robertson), but I think he lacks skill, skating and mobility to ever develop in more than a 3rd pair D and I hope you'd draft someone with more upside that high. I think Grans or Wallinder will take longer to become NHLers, but at least show solid top 4 upside.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll