SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Each Team's Conn Smythe Winner Right Now

Aug. 31, 2020 at 7:00 a.m.
Eastern Conference:

TBL: Braden Point - 2 Clutch OT GWG's in 1st round vs. CBJ; Points in 12 of 13 playoff games.
BOS: Brad Marchand - Far and away Boston's best player thus far: T-3rd in overall playoff goals (7).
PHI: Carter Hart - 2nd among starting Goalies (still active) in save % behind Varlamov.
NYI: J.G. Pageau - T-1st in East in goals (7); 1st in even strength goals (7); Varlamov is a close 2nd.

Western Conference:

VGK: Mark Stone - Vegas' most complete player.
VAN: Elias Pettersson - 2nd in playoff scoring; Excellent on PP.
COL: Nathan MacKinnon - Absolutely dominant; Best player in postseason thus far.
DAL: Miro Heiskanen - Catalyst for Dallas' offensive renaissance.

I predict the New York Islanders will win the Cup and J.G. Pageau will win the Conn Smythe Trophy.
Remus liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 1:05 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: Brian2016
Eastern Conference:

TBL: Braden Point - 2 Clutch OT GWG's in 1st round vs. CBJ; Points in 12 of 13 playoff games.
BOS: Brad Marchand - Far and away Boston's best player thus far: T-3rd in overall playoff goals (7).
PHI: Carter Hart - 2nd among starting Goalies (still active) in save % behind Varlamov.
NYI: J.G. Pageau - T-1st in East in goals (7); 1st in even strength goals (7); Varlamov is a close 2nd.

Western Conference:

VGK: Mark Stone - Vegas' most complete player.
VAN: Elias Pettersson - 2nd in playoff scoring; Excellent on PP.
COL: Nathan MacKinnon - Absolutely dominant; Best player in postseason thus far.
DAL: Miro Heiskanen - Catalyst for Dallas' offensive renaissance.

I predict the New York Islanders will win the Cup and J.G. Pageau will win the Conn Smythe Trophy.

I second that the Isles will win the Cup.

BOS: Marchand
TB: Point
PHI: Hart
NYI: Pageau

VGK: Lehner
VAN: Pettersson
COL: MacKinnon
DAL: Heiskanen

I basically agree with you on everything
Brian2016 liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 4:48 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Hart has been very hot and cold these playoffs. I don’t think that he deserves Conne Smythe consideration, but no one on their team has really stood out. If the Flyers did win the cup, we could maybe see the extremely rare non-goalie from the losing team win MVP.

Otherwise I agree with pretty much everything, although I think that (similar to St. Louis last year) it could be any number of players on the team with consideration for Vegas (specifically Stone, Pacioretty, or Lehner).
Brian2016 liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 7:55 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Hart has been very hot and cold these playoffs. I don’t think that he deserves Conne Smythe consideration, but no one on their team has really stood out. If the Flyers did win the cup, we could maybe see the extremely rare non-goalie from the losing team win MVP.

Otherwise I agree with pretty much everything, although I think that (similar to St. Louis last year) it could be any number of players on the team with consideration for Vegas (specifically Stone, Pacioretty, or Lehner).

I def. agree w/ you about Hart. I basically chose him b/c the rest of the Flyers have been very cold, particularly their so-called star players like Giroux, Konecny and Couturier.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 7:58 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
I second that the Isles will win the Cup.

BOS: Marchand
TB: Point
PHI: Hart
NYI: Pageau

VGK: Lehner
VAN: Pettersson
COL: MacKinnon
DAL: Heiskanen

I basically agree with you on everything

I just feel like the NYI are being overlooked by the media. They are just so good defensively. They sort of remind me of the Devils from the late 90's-early 2000's. They shut it down, control the neutral zone, and get timely saves. Balanced offense and clutch scoring from all four lines doesn't hurt either.
Remus liked this.
Aug. 31, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: Brian2016
I just feel like the NYI are being overlooked by the media. They are just so good defensively. They sort of remind me of the Devils from the late 90's-early 2000's. They shut it down, control the neutral zone, and get timely saves. Balanced offense and clutch scoring from all four lines doesn't hurt either.

Brock Nelson is probably the most underrated player in the game. The dude does everything
Brian2016 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll