SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(STL/MTL) - Allen and 2022 7th RD pick for 2020 3rd RD pick and 2020 7th RD pick

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:27 a.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
Yeah it's all cool. I just quoted you because you were in the debate and I thought you would be interested.

So, I'm not crazy about beeing $4-5 Mil of capsace left for next year,right? Still pretty good ...

Considering Montreal has had 8 Million Dollars worth of cap space free, I don't mind taking on 4 Million for 1 season if it means Price doesn't have to play every single game.
Remus liked this.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:28 a.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
Do you think domi will be moved? Not bad considering you’re spending 15m on goaltending next year.

Would still love to see a Barzal OS...

Domi just hired an agent who is just seeking the most money. If that's what Domi's motives are, I don't think he will come back next year.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:31 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: Jamiepo
Do you think domi will be moved? Not bad considering you’re spending 15m on goaltending next year.

Would still love to see a Barzal OS...

1. Domi will be moved only if Bergy get a good offer (Sniper RFA or 1st+) or he REAAALLY need the cap space and cant trade Byron instead. IMO not very likely.
2. If the market isn't there, he will go through arbitration (in november?) and sign a 1x 4,5Mil deal.
3. We will see how his 2020-2021 season goes.
4. If he has a good season, repeat steps 1 or sign him long term. If he's still a selfish underachieving player, repeat step 2 and trade him at 2022 TDL and cut losses.

He is a point per game player now playing on the 4th line because of an attitude problem. Why sell low when we own him for 2 more years? Just bet on him getting tired of not beeing THE man and hope he starts playing the right way. with patience, maturity will come, or he will hit UFA elsewhere...
GenXHockey liked this.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:33 a.m.
HonestHockeyNYI
Pretty fair deal here for both parties. MTL gets a reliable backup for Price while STL gets some picks in return along with freeing up some cap space to (try to) re-sign Pietrangelo.
Blueman96 liked this.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:35 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: HabsForEver

''with a roster of 15''

LOL

ARE YOU EVEN TRYING? THIS IS NOT A SOCCER TEAM!

If you don't know how many players form a hockey team, maybe you should switch your focus to another sport....
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:38 a.m.
''with a roster of 15''

LOL

ARE YOU EVEN TRYING? THIS IS NOT A SOCCER TEAM!

If you don't know how many players form a hockey team, maybe you should switch your focus to another sport....

iF yOu DoN't KnOw HoW mAnY pLaYeRs FoRm A hOcKeY tEaM, mAyBe YoU sHoUlD sWiTcH yOuR fOcUs To AnOtHeR sPoRt
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:49 a.m.
You know nothing JS
iF yOu DoN't KnOw HoW mAnY pLaYeRs FoRm A hOcKeY tEaM, mAyBe YoU sHoUlD sWiTcH yOuR fOcUs To AnOtHeR sPoRt

FYI the answer is 20 minimum, 23 maximum.

Baby steps. One day, you'll get there...
Sep. 3, 2020 at 12:53 a.m.
FYI the answer is 20 minimum, 23 maximum.

Baby steps. One day, you'll get there...

wow didn't know 23 players could play in a game! Thanks for the headsup
Sep. 3, 2020 at 1:13 a.m.
You know nothing JS

Ok, my bad, I went too fast for your lonely brain cell.

A R-O-S-T-E-R is a list of players forming a team.
A L-I-N-E U-P is a list of players allowed to play in one given game.

Ok now, I wont always be around to teach you some freakin basic stuff, so a piece of advice:
It's always better to shut up and look dumb than start to speak and prove it.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 1:22 a.m.
Ok, my bad, I went too fast for your lonely brain cell.

A R-O-S-T-E-R is a list of players forming a team.
A L-I-N-E U-P is a list of players allowed to play in one given game.

Ok now, I wont always be around to teach you some freakin basic stuff, so a piece of advice:
It's always better to shut up and look dumb than start to speak and prove it.

That's a good piece of advice, hopefully you can understand what it means and start following it.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 7:44 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
I'd say the edge goes to MTL, as Allen's play could've netted at least a 2nd if STL tried. Still, both teams got something they needed desperately, so STL can be plenty happy with this one.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 10:01 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Only habs fans have 6 pages of discussion less than 24 hours after a trade for a backup goalie.
Sep. 3, 2020 at 11:05 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Only habs fans have 6 pages of discussion less than 24 hours after a trade for a backup goalie.

Or these are just hockey fans who are excited at any deal that they can gettears of joy
Kotkaniemi15 and HabsForEver liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:29 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
because we still have 16 Million Dollars in cap space and more picks and prospects than any other team in the league. We already have 20 similar prospects that that 3rd round pick will get us

The 3rd rd pick isn't the greatest problem in this trade. I still think it's insane to spend almost 15M in 2 goalies, specially when you already have Price. Montreal would have very good options in FA to sign for less money. Goalies like Khudobin, Greiss and Elliot, for example. Those guys will probably sign contracts between 1.5M and 3M/season. Montreal would save salary cap AND their pick to have the oportunity to be more aggressive in FA. I keep my thoughts about this trade. NONSENSE by Montreal and GREAT MOVE by St. Louis.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:32 p.m.
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
The 3rd rd pick isn't the greatest problem in this trade. I still think it's insane to spend almost 15M in 2 goalies, specially when you already have Price. Montreal would have very good options in FA to sign for less money. Goalies like Khudobin, Greiss and Elliot, for example. Those guys will probably sign contracts between 1.5M and 3M/season. Montreal would save salary cap AND their pick to have the oportunity to be more aggressive in FA. I keep my thoughts about this trade. NONSENSE by Montreal and GREAT MOVE by St. Louis.

Khudobin/Greiss/Elliot aren't going to sign for 1 year and I like Allen better than Elliot anyways. This creates a hole for St.Louis as they now no longer have a backup goaltender and still don't have the cap to sign Pietrangelo. I think it works well for both teams, but Montreal just got a solid backup goaltender for signing Kovalchuk for a month. We still have tons of cap space so if we want to be aggressive in FA, we can. Even though I wouldn't like that idea.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 4:14 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Khudobin/Greiss/Elliot aren't going to sign for 1 year and I like Allen better than Elliot anyways. This creates a hole for St.Louis as they now no longer have a backup goaltender and still don't have the cap to sign Pietrangelo. I think it works well for both teams, but Montreal just got a solid backup goaltender for signing Kovalchuk for a month. We still have tons of cap space so if we want to be aggressive in FA, we can. Even though I wouldn't like that idea.

I just made a St. Louis armchair. Take a look and you'll see that they can keep Pietrangelo after Allen's trade. As for your team, I think Elliot will sign a 1 year contract, because his season was just ok. To me he'd be a solid backup for Price. He's no better than Allen, but his contract will have a better cost and benefit, in my opinion. Let me say again: 15M in 2 goalies is INSANE.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 4:25 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
I just made a St. Louis armchair. Take a look and you'll see that they can keep Pietrangelo after Allen's trade. As for your team, I think Elliot will sign a 1 year contract, because his season was just ok. To me he'd be a solid backup for Price. He's no better than Allen, but his contract will have a better cost and benefit, in my opinion. Let me say again: 15M in 2 goalies is INSANE.

15mil in two goalies when one has one year left. I’ll remind you that we have no huge RFAs to sign and a butt ton of cap space. It is ‘t insane to take on Allen, it’s genius. Especially when we can flip him at the deadline if we tank
Sep. 4, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.
Edited Sep. 4, 2020 at 4:48 p.m.

How is it insane when we have 14 Million dollars in cap space? That number means literally nothing when we are swimming in cap space.

Why would Montreal want a Backup that put up .899 last year with Philadelphia? I'd rather spend that extra money and get someone who you know will live up to expectations
Sep. 7, 2020 at 10:41 a.m.
Banned

Clearly he doesn't understand that it's $16.6m with 15 one-way contracts on the books. But, it's astounding how people are and react. The internet is creating ugly irrational people.
Sep. 7, 2020 at 10:43 a.m.
Banned
Maybe trading for Allen was simply to assist STL in keeping Pietrangelo. Perhaps Toronto had designs. hahahaa
Sep. 9, 2020 at 4:52 p.m.
MASSIVE W!!

We used what we got from Kovalchuk to get Allen. Pretty much getting Allen for free. Thank you again St.Louis

We needed cap space so I'm actually very pleased with this deal.
HabsForEver liked this.
Sep. 9, 2020 at 5:06 p.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
We needed cap space so I'm actually very pleased with this deal.

Guess it works well for both teams. Let's just hope St.Louis can clear more space to resign Pietrangelo or they just got rid of their best goalie for nothing.
Shylo_Moxii liked this.
Oct. 3, 2020 at 11:41 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Interesting fact, the habs have Jake Allen because Brendan Gallagher got injured against Carolina on New Year’s Eve.

The Gallagher injury meant that they were missing 4 full-time NHL forwards (Gallagher, Armia, Byron, Drouin) + Peca, so Marc Bergevin needed to go out and find a forward to fill a lineup spot. 3 days later the habs sign Ilya Kovalchuk to a 1 year contract. Kovalchuk ends up playing really well in Montreal, and he gets move to Washington for a 3rd at the deadline. And then on Sept. 2nd Montreal trader that pick to St. Louis in the Jake Allen trade.
Oct. 3, 2020 at 12:31 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Interesting fact, the habs have Jake Allen because Brendan Gallagher got injured against Carolina on New Year’s Eve.

The Gallagher injury meant that they were missing 4 full-time NHL forwards (Gallagher, Armia, Byron, Drouin) + Peca, so Marc Bergevin needed to go out and find a forward to fill a lineup spot. 3 days later the habs sign Ilya Kovalchuk to a 1 year contract. Kovalchuk ends up playing really well in Montreal, and he gets move to Washington for a 3rd at the deadline. And then on Sept. 2nd Montreal trader that pick to St. Louis in the Jake Allen trade.

You can go even further bro, you only made this comment because Brendan Gallagher got injured against Carolina on New Year’s Eve..... think about it

tenor.gif
HabsForEver and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2021 at 8:00 p.m.
WentWughes
Trade is looking good so far for Montreal.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit