SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(STL/MTL) - Allen and 2022 7th RD pick for 2020 3rd RD pick and 2020 7th RD pick

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 2, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Great deal for both teams. Blues get cap space to re-sign Pietrangelo and the habs get a solid backup for cheap.

Oof for the Blues. Pretty accurate on the Montréal side.
nickthehabsfan and Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 4:25 p.m.
Go leafs go
Oof for the Blues. Pretty accurate on the Montréal side.

Also instead of resigning Pietro they signed Krug and Hoffman, did not see that coming at the time at all.

And man, who though Allen would be the habs best goalie.

Hindsight is pretty funny.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Saskleaf
Also instead of resigning Pietro they signed Krug and Hoffman, did not see that coming at the time at all.

A lot of people thought Allen would be one of the best backups in the league, better than Price though... IDK
Mar. 11, 2021 at 5:01 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
A lot of people thought Allen would be one of the best backups in the league, better than Price though... IDK

I mean, I knew he'd be one of the best backups, but I didn't think he'd be better than Price, considering Price was the best goalie of the 2010's I'd say.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 7:12 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Well as of right now he isn’t. Allen’s been a bit better than expected. And sure Price struggled for a few games for a bit, but he usually goes on a stretch like that every season, and he’s rounding back into form now.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 7:35 p.m.
Go leafs go
Well as of right now he isn’t. Allen’s been a bit better than expected. And sure Price struggled for a few games for a bit, but he usually goes on a stretch like that every season, and he’s rounding back into form now.

Oh, he has started to bounce back? I have seen him or his his stats for probably at least a week now so maybe not.
Mar. 11, 2021 at 7:46 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Oh, he has started to bounce back? I have seen him or his his stats for probably at least a week now so maybe not.

The last few games he’s been lights out. He had a stellar performance in the 2-1 shootout loss to Vancouver, and he’s only allowed 4 goals in his last 4 games.
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 13, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Interesting fact, the habs have Jake Allen because Brendan Gallagher got injured against Carolina on New Year’s Eve.

The Gallagher injury meant that they were missing 4 full-time NHL forwards (Gallagher, Armia, Byron, Drouin) + Peca, so Marc Bergevin needed to go out and find a forward to fill a lineup spot. 3 days later the habs sign Ilya Kovalchuk to a 1 year contract. Kovalchuk ends up playing really well in Montreal, and he gets move to Washington for a 3rd at the deadline. And then on Sept. 2nd Montreal trader that pick to St. Louis in the Jake Allen trade.

And the 7th acquired in this trade is now Erik Gustafsson.
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit