SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

Did you think Hamilton would become a Norris contender?

Did you think Hamilton would become a Norris 'contender', or destroy the locker room?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 4, 2020 at 12:49 p.m.
Canes Baby
When you seen Hamilton was traded to the Canes, did you think he would 'contend' for the Norris?
Sep. 4, 2020 at 12:57 p.m.
Canes Baby
Sep. 4, 2020 at 12:59 p.m.
cough. he still isnt. cough.

Side note, he should never win the norris until his defense actually gets better.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
Norris contender is probably the wrong language even though I voted that way. I didnt think he was as bad as advertised. Hockey markets like to run dudes out if they find a flaw. Sure some of it was tied to Dougie wanting a support system with his brother around. We nixed that in the butt quickly. Tbh I was more enthusiastic about fox but that didnt go our way.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 1:01 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493

Side note, he should never win the norris until his defense actually gets better.

cuz Burns is fantastic at it. He wont get Norris recognition anyways, we are a small market team.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 1:02 p.m.
Quoting: ecupirate07
cuz Burns is fantastic at it. He wont get Norris recognition anyways, we are a small market team.

burns also shouldnt win a norris. Theyve been giving norris nods to highest scoring dman for a couple years now. slavin is the better all around dman on the canes. ide expect he gets it over dougie
Sep. 4, 2020 at 1:03 p.m.
burns also shouldnt win a norris. Theyve been giving norris nods to highest scoring dman for a couple years now. slavin is the better all around dman on the canes. ide expect he gets it over dougie

knowing the answer to the question but making a statement in contrary seems fruitless.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 1:08 p.m.
knowing the answer to the question but making a statement in contrary seems fruitless.

what do you mean? burns won yes, doesnt mean i think he should have. he is garbage at defense. He hits hard, and scores points. he lacks the 3rd piece of "all around" dman. dougie and burns are pretty similar. Im stating that the norris is going away from real all around dmen and being given towards offensive dmen.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 1:12 p.m.
what do you mean? burns won yes, doesnt mean i think he should have. he is garbage at defense. He hits hard, and scores points. he lacks the 3rd piece of "all around" dman. dougie and burns are pretty similar. Im stating that the norris is going away from real all around dmen and being given towards offensive dmen.

I mean. You know the answer is they pick the highest scoring defender (usually on a top 5 team) despite their defense. Yet, you argue that Dougie shouldnt win despite meeting the committee's criteria. Seems fruitless.
TheCoontniac liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 1:13 p.m.
Canes Baby

Reason for me posting this is because @ Caniac2000, told me he seen this coming from a mile away. He says he knew Dougie would be ELITE when he seen the trade to Carolina.

I thought that was absolutely ridiculous of him to say.

NOBODY seen this coming from Hamilton
hanson493 liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: jslongo
Reason for me posting this is because @ Caniac2000, told me he seen this coming from a mile away. He says he knew Dougie would be ELITE when he seen the trade to Carolina.

I thought that was absolutely ridiculous of him to say.

NOBODY seen this coming from Hamilton

i mean you could tell he was going to be a really good offensive weapon from when he played with chara in boston. Boston thought they had their RD of the future. HE IS SO MENTALLY SOFT THOUGH. im sorry but that guy isnt a winner, he isnt going to be the one giving you an edge in any series. Again, offensively awesome, defensively hes improved but not enough for me to put him in norris talks.
TheCoontniac liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 1:20 p.m.
I mean. You know the answer is they pick the highest scoring defender (usually on a top 5 team) despite their defense. Yet, you argue that Dougie shouldnt win despite meeting the committee's criteria. Seems fruitless.

It shouldnt be, it should be best all around. Its not my fault the committee took a prestigious award and turned it into a highest point scoring defender award.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
Go Jets Go
In my opinion, I think Hamilton is a top 10 D in this league. I think he played his best hockey of his career this year in Carolina and when he got injured it really sucked. If he played a full season at a similar rate there is no doubt in my mind he would be a Norris Trophy Nominee (he might not win but still). I'm hopeful he can bring the same pace for next year!
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Sep. 6, 2020 at 12:31 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I thought that the trade was a clear win for the Canes, but I obviously didn't expect him to be as good as he has been. And same goes for Lindholm to a lesser extent.
Sep. 6, 2020 at 12:34 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan

But if we're talking about what type of defensemen actually get votes, the guy that was on pace for 24 goals and 70 points would have absolutely been a finalist if not for his injuries. So he is a Norris contender, whether it's warranted or not.
Sep. 7, 2020 at 8:42 a.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I thought that the trade was a clear win for the Canes, but I obviously didn't expect him to be as good as he has been. And same goes for Lindholm to a lesser extent.

Knew lindholm was going to be a stud. Dougie plays good in regular season but disappears when a game gets physical.
Sep. 7, 2020 at 8:43 a.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
But if we're talking about what type of defensemen actually get votes, the guy that was on pace for 24 goals and 70 points would have absolutely been a finalist if not for his injuries. So he is a Norris contender, whether it's warranted or not.

Thats my point, based on his actual play he shouldnt be a norris contender, yet the committee will be like omg a 20 goal 70 point dman hes the best!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit