Forums/Armchair-GM

Matt Roy - Whats his price

Created by: McRanteskog
Team: 2020-21 Los Angeles Kings
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 4, 2020
Published: Sep. 4, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
LAK fans, whats Matt Roys price? Is he availble?
Trades
LAK
  1. Jost, Tyson [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
+ what?
COL
  1. Roy, Matt
Additional Details:
+ what?
Buyouts
Termination Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the STL
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
16$81,500,000$55,659,697$0$2,550,000$25,840,303
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$2,425,000$2,425,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,636,364$2,636,364
RW, C
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,133,333$1,133,333
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,900,000$2,900,000
G
UFA - 3
$858,333$858,333
G
UFA - 2
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 4, 2020 at 2:53 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
IMO a deal centered around Graves and Roy makes more sense.

Cause LA already has a Jost, his name is «Adrian Kempe»
Sep. 4, 2020 at 2:54 p.m.
RETIRED
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
IMO a deal centered around Graves and Roy makes more sense.

Cause LA already has a Jost, his name is «Adrian Kempe»

ahhh so COL give a D to get a D? lol wheres the advancement for them lol
Sep. 4, 2020 at 2:57 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: McRanteskog

I was just talking about LA's needs here lol they don't need to move Roy so I assume they'd have a pretty big leverage
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 2:57 p.m.
What in tarnation
Pretty high considering he's pretty good and dirt cheap.

Honestly don't know what's the point for COL to acquire the guy. Seattle's taking the guy from you anyway.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
The 1 True GM
Roy = prospect and a 3rd round pick
McRanteskog liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:03 p.m.
RETIRED
Quoting: justaBoss

Honestly don't know what's the point for COL to acquire the guy. Seattle's taking the guy from you anyway.

Was talking to a co-worker (LAK fan) and we got to talking about the value of Jost for Roy and how close/far it is to fair.
Wanted additional opinions
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:04 p.m.
This certainly isn't enough, rebuilding teams would be stupid to move valuable young players with low cap hits. If the Kings were to trade him to they'd select a partner who was a cash strapped team in win-now mode for a top-4 defenseman (with a difficult cap hit for a year or two) plus a high pick or a high-level prospect who needs a few years to develop.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:06 p.m.
What in tarnation
Was talking to a co-worker (LAK fan) and we got to talking about the value of Jost for Roy and how close/far it is to fair.
Wanted additional opinions

Ah.

Well imo LA has little to no need for Jost. They've quite many of young C's as it is. But their defense sucks. So if they were to trade Roy they'd probably want either another D or a pick.

Maybe a trade like TB made for Goodrow? A 1st for Roy+3rd. I think it's pretty fair.
OldNYIfan, McRanteskog, GabeVilardiFanAccount and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:06 p.m.
He's most likely not available, as the Kings do not have any NHL-ready right handed defenseman past Drew Doughty, him, and Sean Walker. Add onto that and how exceptional he was last year, his extremely high-value cap hit, and the fact that he's still cost-controlled since he's RFA after next year, and it adds up into a commodity a team would have to pay a premium to receive. Not to mention the flat cap implications on cap-strapped teams and how non-strapped teams will be able to take advantage of that.

I'll put in my two cents for your two favorite teams.

From a team like Toronto, I'd have to bet the #15 pick would have to be included in any deal. Now, I don't mean that it would be a 1-for-1 trade, there'd be something going back to Toronto I'd imagine. But that's where the conversation/package would be built around.

From a team like Colorado, obviously their first. But the Kings are looking for help on their top-6 wings (Johnsson does not fit that requirement), and maybe another RHD prospect to help lessen the blow on that side in any trade of Roy. A guy like Martin Kaut would interest the Kings. Again, these aren't full trades, just what I'd imagine would be the beginning of conversations.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:08 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

Where's the advantage to us of giving up one of our only three NHL-qualified RD's if we don't get a roster player back? And for the trouble to which we'd have to go to replace Roy, it would have to be someone on Graves' level, not Jost's.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:09 p.m.
Kapanen for Roy used to be considered a fair trade here, so take that as is.

He’s a solid top 6 defenceman that’s hardly going to cost a dime, and that’s only going to increase his value with a flat cap league. I could see him getting COL’s first back (assuming it’s that 28-31 range), but probably a good-decent prospect and a 2nd or 3rd.

I’d say Jost for Roy is closer to fair than not, but the Kings don’t exactly have a need for Jost, unless he could slot on the RW.
OldNYIfan and McRanteskog liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:10 p.m.
RETIRED
Quoting: tryger
This certainly isn't enough, rebuilding teams would be stupid to move valuable young players with low cap hits. If the Kings were to trade him to they'd select a partner who was a cash strapped team in win-now mode for a top-4 defenseman (with a difficult cap hit for a year or two) plus a high pick or a high-level prospect who needs a few years to develop.

Would you mind confirming what LAK plans on doing for the expansion draft in terms of protecting 3D?
Id assume Doughty, Walker and Clague gets protected and Roy is the odd man out no?
As much as you leverage a cash strapped team, the other 29 GMs leverage the fact that you need to move Roy to avoid losing him to Seattle for free no?

as for your ask of a top 4D + high pick/prospect, it makes no sense.
A team acquiring Roy on D is going to give you a top4 D as the return? lol
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:10 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Sean4417
Roy = prospect and a 3rd round pick

Not close. Right now Roy is more valuable to us than Timothy Liljegren is to you.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:11 p.m.

Unless you're talking specifically Colorado's expansion, LA is one of the teams that will go the 4-4-1 route. Provided they still have all these players, the Kings will protect Drew, Roy, Walker, and likely Clague. The Kurtis MacDermid extension gives them the required player they expose. Along with Kopitar, Iafallo, Kempe and one of Lizotte/Wagner/Amadio/Grundstrom.
OldNYIfan and KINGS67 liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:11 p.m.
RETIRED
Ah.

Well imo LA has little to no need for Jost. They've quite many of young C's as it is. But their defense sucks. So if they were to trade Roy they'd probably want either another D or a pick.

Maybe a trade like TB made for Goodrow? A 1st for Roy+3rd. I think it's pretty fair.

Quoting: PuckLuck_77
He's most likely not available, as the Kings do not have any NHL-ready right handed defenseman past Drew Doughty, him, and Sean Walker. Add onto that and how exceptional he was last year, his extremely high-value cap hit, and the fact that he's still cost-controlled since he's RFA after next year, and it adds up into a commodity a team would have to pay a premium to receive. Not to mention the flat cap implications on cap-strapped teams and how non-strapped teams will be able to take advantage of that.

I'll put in my two cents for your two favorite teams.

From a team like Toronto, I'd have to bet the #15 pick would have to be included in any deal. Now, I don't mean that it would be a 1-for-1 trade, there'd be something going back to Toronto I'd imagine. But that's where the conversation/package would be built around.

From a team like Colorado, obviously their first. But the Kings are looking for help on their top-6 wings (Johnsson does not fit that requirement), and maybe another RHD prospect to help lessen the blow on that side in any trade of Roy. A guy like Martin Kaut would interest the Kings. Again, these aren't full trades, just what I'd imagine would be the beginning of conversations.

Quoting: OldNYIfan
Where's the advantage to us of giving up one of our only three NHL-qualified RD's if we don't get a roster player back? And for the trouble to which we'd have to go to replace Roy, it would have to be someone on Graves' level, not Jost's.

Would you mind confirming what LAK plans on doing for the expansion draft in terms of protecting 3D?
Id assume Doughty, Walker and Clague gets protected and Roy is the odd man out no?
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:12 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
As much as you leverage a cash strapped team, the other 29 GMs leverage the fact that you need to move Roy to avoid losing him to Seattle for free no?

Tell me the fifth forward amongst our mob we'd protect in preference to Roy and I'll agree with your premise that we're only going to protect 3 defensemen.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Unless you're talking specifically Colorado's expansion, LA is one of the teams that will go the 4-4-1 route. Provided they still have all these players, the Kings will protect Drew, Roy, Walker, and likely Clague. The Kurtis MacDermid extension gives them the required player they expose. Along with Kopitar, Iafallo, Kempe and one of Lizotte/Wagner/Amadio/Grundstrom.

Boy, you're really hitting on all cylinders today.
PuckLuck_77 liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:14 p.m.
RETIRED
Tell me the fifth forward amongst our mob we'd protect in preference to Roy and I'll agree with your premise that we're only going to protect 3 defensemen.

So without being a snob about it, LAK fans expect them to opt for just the 8+1G option?
in deeper review it seems you may have meant to tag someone else that wasnt me>?
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:15 p.m.
Quoting: McRantequote=McRanteskog

LA is going to go the 4-4-1 route, not the 7-3-1 route. They are in an incredibly good position with regards to the expansion draft since their prospects are nearly all exempt.
OldNYIfan, KINGS67 and tryger liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
RETIRED
LA is going to go the 4-4-1 route, not the 7-3-1 route. They are in an incredibly good position with regards to the expansion draft since their prospects are nearly all exempt.

Thanks, that answers my question
PuckLuck_77, OldNYIfan and tryger liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:18 p.m.
Boy, you're really hitting on all cylinders today.

Lol thanks. Slow day at work.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:22 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
So without being a snob about it, LAK fans expect them to opt for just the 8+1G option?
in deeper review it seems you may have meant to tag someone else that wasnt me>?

No, I was specifically responding to your "Id assume Doughty, Walker and Clague gets protected and Roy is the odd man out no?"

As my esteemed colleague @PuckLuck_77 is simultaneously writing you, we'll protect Kopitar, Iafallo and Kempe plus Doughty (forced), Clague, Walker and Roy, plus one of Amadio, Frk, Grundstrom, Lizotte, Moore and Wagner. My choice would be Frk, but we'll see how this season shakes them out.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
What in tarnation

Yeah I was talking about COL
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.

guess it depends on what they do in this draft... mikey anderson might be a guy they like, they still have bjornfoot too. so i mean do you think they keep clague? they could always go 4-4-1and let lizotte be taken not like they dont have replacements for him. with a million centers on their roster and about to be another one.
Sep. 4, 2020 at 3:31 p.m.
John 3 16
I don't know what Roy's value is, but how about something around Zadorov and Roy?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll