SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Jacob Markstrom

Sep. 5, 2020 at 12:03 a.m.
I know the offseason talk lately has been trading Murray. At this point seema like a forgone conclusion. Thatcher Demko basically has taken the reigns in Vancouver. Markstrom had a nice showing in the playoffs. He has been around a few years and would be a good backup for the Pens. Still only 30. What are peoples opinions on signing him as UFA
Sep. 6, 2020 at 2:32 p.m.
Quoting: dxjustin
I know the offseason talk lately has been trading Murray. At this point seema like a forgone conclusion. Thatcher Demko basically has taken the reigns in Vancouver. Markstrom had a nice showing in the playoffs. He has been around a few years and would be a good backup for the Pens. Still only 30. What are peoples opinions on signing him as UFA

This contract will be Markstrom's money deal. He will be looking to get paid as a starter somewhere.

With the cap situation the Penguins will most likely be 100% happy with DeSmith as backup at $1.25M. There are rumors of Vegas buying out Fleury. As a PR move I could see the Penguins bring back fan favorite Fleury as a cheap backup. Outside of that... the only way I see a "NHL" goalie going to Pittsburgh would be part of a package in a trade where the rest of the pieces just make it impossible for Rutherford to decline.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:12 a.m.
> Demko gets hot for three games in the playoffs

> Basically has taken the reign in Vancouver
Oct. 5, 2020 at 2:08 p.m.
marky will want at least lehner size contract .. not in the pens budget.. jarry desmith larmi will be a fine trio .. the pens are very high on larmi.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll