Forums/Armchair-GM

My heart hurts

Created by: Mintyfresh
Team: 2020-21 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 5, 2020
Published: Sep. 5, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
IF HE JOINS US, HE CAN'T DESTROY US. JUST HAD TO ADD HIM AND SOME OF HIS BUDDIES THAT TORTURED US. LET US COMEBACK JUST TO TORTURE US LONGER.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$15,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$5,000,000
1$5,000,000
1$5,000,000
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$74,229,131$66,037$812,500$7,270,869
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$15,000,000$15,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$780,833$780,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 1
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$756,667$756,667 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
G
RFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD, LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 5, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
Hot take: Vigneault just isn’t a good enough coach
Sep. 5, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
Quoting: TheresAlwaysNextYear

He's a good enough coach, but it seems like he's always gonna be a bridesmaid and never a bride when it comes to championship caliber.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 10:05 p.m.
burn the pegulas

freezing cold take
Sep. 5, 2020 at 10:09 p.m.
Quoting: chloewoj
freezing cold take

I think AV is a good coach, but he was definitely outcoached this series. Flyers couldn't figure out the Islanders. Every game they really should have lost. They blew 2 leads. He definitely elevated the Flyers compared to Hakstol. IT was very strange to play as well as we did to end the regular season and the round robin, but when the real playoffs started, the Flyers just did not come to play. Future is bright and it feels good to get this far in the first time a long time, but their play was disappointing.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 10:13 p.m.
burn the pegulas
Quoting: Mintyfresh
I think AV is a good coach, but he was definitely outcoached this series. Flyers couldn't figure out the Islanders. Every game they really should have lost. They blew 2 leads. He definitely elevated the Flyers compared to Hakstol. IT was very strange to play as well as we did to end the regular season and the round robin, but when the real playoffs started, the Flyers just did not come to play. Future is bright and it feels good to get this far in the first time a long time, but their play was disappointing.

to be fair, it’s very hard to outcoach trotz. it’s very hard for a offensive minded team to figure out a defensive minded team. the islanders were completely suffocating this series and there was virtually no way to work around that. it’s hard to win when your top dogs (TK, giroux) aren’t stepping up
Mintyfresh liked this.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 10:16 p.m.

A lot of the blame should go on the forward group. Outside of Hayes, they were mostly neutralized. Giroux especially was a major problem. 15 games and only 1 goal. That's not ok for your captain who is making over $8 million per season.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 10:24 p.m.
Quoting: willdog37
A lot of the blame should go on the forward group. Outside of Hayes, they were mostly neutralized. Giroux especially was a major problem. 15 games and only 1 goal. That's not ok for your captain who is making over $8 million per season.

Although I agree. Giroux actually played fairly well despite a lack of production, he was involved a lot. Coots looked injured all postseason, and then the Barzal collision I think just took him out for good. He tried to come back tonight, but Coots just looked a step slow all postseason.

TK is the main one that had me irate. But also, you gotta look at coaching when there is a theme. To never have the powerplay corrected is telling. Also, AV still doesn't know what goaltender interference is.. I think he's gotta bring a rocket scientist in to break it down. IF there is an opportunity to challenge something AV can't help himself.

Also, the Islanders are just a good team, but still, the flyers had more to give, and when they look back they'll realize that. From the forwards to the coach to the defensemen that got beat up all series. Our defense went off a cliff. They were extremely beneficial in this series offensively, but defensively they were out of position and all over the place. Every one of them looked sloppy at certain points this series.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 10:27 p.m.
It is also hilarious that Philly fans were ready to attack Chuck Fletcher over the Hayes signing, and he was the only forward that consistently showed up every game. He brings that level of play each postseason thats a 7 mil well earned. Everyone else has to start producing to their contract when it matters most.

Hopefully we will be back next postseason and see a different level of play. Only one team wins it all and I normally wouldn't be this disappointed losing to a good team like the islanders, but its just that they didn't look good at all in either series that is more disappointing.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 10:28 p.m.
Although I agree. Giroux actually played fairly well despite a lack of production, he was involved a lot. Coots looked injured all postseason, and then the Barzal collision I think just took him out for good. He tried to come back tonight, but Coots just looked a step slow all postseason.

TK is the main one that had me irate. But also, you gotta look at coaching when there is a theme. To never have the powerplay corrected is telling. Also, AV still doesn't know what goaltender interference is.. I think he's gotta bring a rocket scientist in to break it down. IF there is an opportunity to challenge something AV can't help himself.

Also, the Islanders are just a good team, but still, the flyers had more to give, and when they look back they'll realize that. From the forwards to the coach to the defensemen that got beat up all series. Our defense went off a cliff. They were extremely beneficial in this series offensively, but defensively they were out of position and all over the place. Every one of them looked sloppy at certain points this series.

Yeah Niskanen played so well during the regular season but after the suspension against Montreal, he never rounded back into form. Provy is still young and will continue to get better. Sanheim had a rough playoffs too. But the D corp is still young and this was definitely good experience for them. As they always say, you can't win unless you learn how to lose. I just hope someone will take JVR and Ghost off our hands lol
Mintyfresh liked this.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.

He’s a good coach with a few pretty bad flaws keeping him from being a great coach. But idk if he will ever look in the mirror to fix those flaws.
1.) Misusage of role players. How the hell is 4th liner Nate Thompson your 5th highest forward for TOI every single night in the playoffs (he did this **** with Tanner Glass with NYR)

2.) Refuses to adjust in game. Will hammer at his same system even if the team is down by 3 goals and has no ability to come back.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 11:26 p.m.
Quoting: Jaycee
He’s a good coach with a few pretty bad flaws keeping him from being a great coach. But idk if he will ever look in the mirror to fix those flaws.
1.) Misusage of role players. How the hell is 4th liner Nate Thompson your 5th highest forward for TOI every single night in the playoffs (he did this **** with Tanner Glass with NYR)

2.) Refuses to adjust in game. Will hammer at his same system even if the team is down by 3 goals and has no ability to come back.

Exactly the same problem with guys like Babcock and Sullivan
Sep. 5, 2020 at 11:34 p.m.
Exactly the same problem with guys like Babcock and Sullivan

Yeah for sure. As a Flyers fan my favorite coach will always be Laviolette. Dude would run his top guys into the ground in a game until they couldn’t skate anymore. Obviously his message and style of coaching only works with a group for so many years but that is the trend with every NHL coach.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 11:35 p.m.

I agree with your first point. I agree with your 2nd point in that AV will always play his system, but he does make adjustments mid-game. He isn't afraid to change up lines and things like that mid-game, but yes in terms of system I agree. I mean this is way better than Hakstol. He just looked on down 5-0 and looked confused like he didn't know where he was at. At least AV knows what arena he is in.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 11:40 p.m.
I agree with your first point. I agree with your 2nd point in that AV will always play his system, but he does make adjustments mid-game. He isn't afraid to change up lines and things like that mid-game, but yes in terms of system I agree. I mean this is way better than Hakstol. He just looked on down 5-0 and looked confused like he didn't know where he was at. At least AV knows what arena he is in.

Well yeah of course it’s better then Hakstol hahah Dave has no business being a head coach in the NHL and it was actually torture we had to go through that for 4 years. He isn’t afraid to switch things up that is true, but he refuses to ever shorten the bench. Down 3-0 he still kept rolling 4 lines instead of shorting the bench and double shifting your guys who give you the best chance to score (not Nate Thompson)
Mintyfresh liked this.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 11:41 p.m.
Yeah for sure. As a Flyers fan my favorite coach will always be Laviolette. Dude would run his top guys into the ground in a game until they couldn’t skate anymore. Obviously his message and style of coaching only works with a group for so many years but that is the trend with every NHL coach.

Yeah I always liked rooting for Nashville in the West with Laviolette. Would love to see him get another job with a team thats close to building a playoff team. Preferably in the West.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
Well yeah of course it’s better then Hakstol hahah Dave has no business being a head coach in the NHL and it was actually torture we had to go through that for 4 years. He isn’t afraid to switch things up that is true, but he refuses to ever shorten the bench. Down 3-0 he still kept rolling 4 lines instead of shorting the bench and double shifting your guys who give you the best chance to score (not Nate Thompson)

I was angry when we got an offensive zone draw, and he stuck the 4th line out there when we needed a big jump. So I definitely agree with this sentiment.
Sep. 5, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
Yeah I always liked rooting for Nashville in the West with Laviolette. Would love to see him get another job with a team thats close to building a playoff team. Preferably in the West.

If I was him I would hold out a season and wait for Seattle. Im sure Francis saw what Vegas was able to do with an expansion draft and is looking to put together a pretty good team right away.
Sep. 6, 2020 at 3:43 a.m.
Brock On Dudes
Lmaoooo

GG buddy, was a hell of a series
Sep. 6, 2020 at 12:41 p.m.
B
NYI have major heavy depth, like you need for playoff hockey ie BOS WSH STL, now VGK TBL DAL NYI. Boys vs men hockey, Ds and bottom Fs that punish and wear out opponent. PHI needs more meat upfront and a top offensive D. Hayes is a great complimentary C, not a leader. Obviously Giroux, Vora and JVR are heading downhill fast.
Heads high, future looks good.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll