Forums/Mock-Draft

Current Mock

Current Mock

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: krakowitz
Published: Sep. 6, 2020 at 8:03 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-Duh
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-I think they should go with Byfield, but my gut says they go Stutzle. He'll form a fantastic duo with Turcotte long term
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksThe elite 1C they need for their rebuild. Give him another year to truly dominate the OHL in every facet and be the go-to guy at the WJC
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Not the guy that I would go with, but there's elite upside. If his skating and two way game improve (which they should) he'll be a fantastic player to throw on a line with Larkin or Zadina
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Tkachuk-Byfield-Raymond will terrorize the East for a long time. Raymond needs a bit more seasoning, but he'll also be ready soon. Underrated two-way game to go with the high end offensive skillset
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-A match made in heaven for the Ducks. They need defense and Drysdale has #1 potential. His elite skating and one-on-one defense skills are reminiscent of Miro and we've all seen what he's done this postseason
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-They need help everywhere except centers, so getting strong on the backend first makes sense. Wing help is easier to come by, don't wanna turn into the next Toronto
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Long-term 2C that can play in the NHL right away. Cozens is better served on the wing anyways, so this is a great fit in the short and long term
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-They should start a rebuild pretty soon so getting their goalie of the future now so he'll be on the rise with the next generation that they draft in years to come makes perfect sense
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-One of the best fits in the whole draft. Lundell can be the long-term 2C with the two way play to let their high flying wingers do their thing
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-Best pure goal scorer of the draft with a more well rounded game than he gets credit for. He's the type of pure goal scorer that they really need. He's certainly better than 11th but someone usually falls unexpectedly
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-Definitely not where I would take him, but he seems like the exact type of player Florida would take. I don't know what Zito's regime will do differently, but scouts seem to like him a lot and Florida needs D
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsAll around talent with a nonstop motor and a ton of offensive upside. He'll fit right into Carolina's system and be a great fit in their top six soon
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Should be a great scoring complement to either McDavid or Draisaitl. He could also be the play driver on a second line, but I think he'll be most productive as a shooting complement
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsDubas said he wants another Jake Muzzin, and Schneider is as close to that as he can find. He'll be the perfect guy to pair with Sandin or Rielly and can be the type of player they need in their lineup
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Fits perfectly in with what they've already built. A well rounded player with a ton of skill that will do wonders in the top six group they're putting together
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Very skilled and an extremely strong work ethic that can play up and down the lineup. One of the most versatile players in the draft that will make a great top six forward
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesA bit of a project, but there's a lot of upside with Reichel. He's very skilled and smart, which will fit nicely alongside either Hughes or Hischier. Once he gets stronger he'll become even better at winning puck battles
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary seems headed towards mediocrity, so I think they'd take a swing on Lapierre. If he stays healthy and gets stronger, this could be excellent value. One more concussion could end his career though
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksThis may seem like a reach, but there's a lot of upside with Barron. The blood clot issue seems to be taken care of, so he should ascend to a top four defenseman soon. A D-core of Sanderson, Smith and Barron is a lot better than what they enter the draft with
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Mysak just screams John Tortorella. He's the fast, hard working, smart player that he loves and will fit right in to their system.
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesThey need long-term solutions for middle-six centers, and Zary can be just that. A two-way guy with a lot more skill than he gets credit for could be their longterm 2C
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-A project defenseman, but they can afford to be patient with him. If he's able to sharpen his decision making skills he has a very high ceiling
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-He's able to do the dirty work for the skill guys, but he's got a lot of skill himself. He'll be an excellent guy to put in their top six and feels somewhat underrated in this class
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-Some wishful thinking on my part, sure, but this makes a lot of sense. A pure goal scorer that could take Oshie's spot in the top-six in a couple years
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-A shutdown defenseman that has some more offense to his game than he showed this year, and apparently has the intangibles that coaches love
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsElite shot. If his skating improves (which it should), he has 30 goal upside playing next to Zegras. Foerster could be a real steal down the road
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersFast, skilled and determined. He could slot anywhere in the lineup and contribute everywhere. He seems built for playoff hockey
29Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dynamic offensive force to eventually slot behind the big guys. He needs to show more effort defensively, but if he does, this will be a steal of a pick
30Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-They need some defense help in their system, and Niemela has top four upside. He plays a very simple yet translatable game that will at least make him a player
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningPotential steal of round one here. Elite shot and a lot of other excellent offensive tools. Skating needs some work but not as much as some think it does. A bit more effort defensively and he could be a top six dynamo
Sep. 6, 2020 at 11:03 p.m.
Good mock draft u have here but I don’t think Ottawa will pass on Drysdale.
krakowitz liked this.
Sep. 6, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
I can’t see Habs picking Amirov after the pain Bergevin went thru to extract Romanov from the clutches of the khl - khl pays more short term money vs nhl entry level contracts so it’s an attraction for the homies to stay in Mother Russia
I’m not knocking Amirovs skill - I just think politics and contract negotiations delay arrivals and development control. Holloway Jarvis Mercer and Gunler are way better fits
krakowitz liked this.
Sep. 6, 2020 at 11:28 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Leafsfan16
Good mock draft u have here but I don’t think Ottawa will pass on Drysdale.

Makes sense. I just keep thinking about Ottawa's need for high end forward talent and I think this is a great opportunity to get two foundational pieces up front, but Drysdale is certainly a good fit for them too.
Sep. 6, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Leemer
I can’t see Habs picking Amirov after the pain Bergevin went thru to extract Romanov from the clutches of the khl - khl pays more short term money vs nhl entry level contracts so it’s an attraction for the homies to stay in Mother Russia
I’m not knocking Amirovs skill - I just think politics and contract negotiations delay arrivals and development control. Holloway Jarvis Mercer and Gunler are way better fits

I think giving Amirov another couple years in Russia isn't a bad thing at all. I have no idea what his contract situation over there is like, but usually the issues bringing guys over are from the big KHL teams, which Ufa is not. But I get the whole "Russian Factor" at play.
Leemer liked this.
Sep. 7, 2020 at 12:29 p.m.
Fan of the OHL
Quoting: krakowitz
I think giving Amirov another couple years in Russia isn't a bad thing at all. I have no idea what his contract situation over there is like, but usually the issues bringing guys over are from the big KHL teams, which Ufa is not. But I get the whole "Russian Factor" at play.

The team in the development of a prospect usually likes to have some degree of input on the coaching, things to work on etc. it’s much easier to have a consult in Laval or the ohl, NCAA or the euro leagues. Russia is a crap shoot. Look how little ice time Romanov got because hus khl team knew he was going to go to the nhl.
Amirov is not eons ahead of Holloway, Mercer, Jarvis or Gunler imo to justify that risk

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll