Forums/Mock-Draft

We WELCOME YOU TO THE 2020 NHL Draft 94.5% Certainty for Top 27

We WELCOME YOU TO THE 2020 NHL Draft 94.5% Certainty for Top 27

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: jassan28
Published: Sep. 8, 2020 at 4:46 p.m.
Sep. 8, 2020 at 4:49 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Like the Perreault pick, but i can't see the habs reaching for him that early. Wld probably trade down with St.louis for vince dunn and their 26th overall and take him there instead
Sep. 8, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
KFTW
Switch 2 and 3
ivan092033 and AVPD23 liked this.
Sep. 8, 2020 at 5:39 p.m.
Being wrong is ok
Quoting: csick
Switch 2 and 3

eh idk man. Im currently sticking with it. one of the Youngest players in this draft and had the similar projection of any other 1c coming from the CHL.

For the list I bet your at 40% or less. No hate but if someone gets this draft over 60% right they are crazy
Sep. 8, 2020 at 6:19 p.m.
GoCanada
Quoting: BuckoJoyde
eh idk man. Im currently sticking with it. one of the Youngest players in this draft and had the similar projection of any other 1c coming from the CHL.

For the list I bet your at 40% or less. No hate but if someone gets this draft over 60% right they are crazy

True, i believe im set around 50% most of the time for drafts only because of top15 picks, however of the 22 i read i normalized the selections so they are 94% certain for all mocks sort of in statistics not reality.
BuckoJoyde liked this.
Sep. 8, 2020 at 8:52 p.m.
Quoting: TheGHANDI90
Like the Perreault pick, but i can't see the habs reaching for him that early. Wld probably trade down with St.louis for vince dunn and their 26th overall and take him there instead

Hope we do. He checks all of our boxes. Big, local, fast and can score. Decent playmaker as well although assist totals didn’t show it
Sep. 8, 2020 at 10:53 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
Hope we do. He checks all of our boxes. Big, local, fast and can score. Decent playmaker as well although assist totals didn’t show it

Wouldn't necessarily call him big, he's got about the same frame as drouin... but ya he is a local kid that puts the puck in the net, haven't had one of those in a while. Def not a top 20 pick on a lot off scouts boards tho so idk how much they want to reach at 16
Sep. 8, 2020 at 11:00 p.m.
Wouldn't necessarily call him big, he's got about the same frame as drouin... but ya he is a local kid that puts the puck in the net, haven't had one of those in a while. Def not a top 20 pick on a lot off scouts boards tho so idk how much they want to reach at 16

5’11 198 at 18 is big and he’s strong. To me at least after about 12 it all boils down to preference. You have him, Jarvis, Mercer, amirov, Zary who are ranked at various spots. Out of those I named he easily has the best “tool box”. Hands are good, vision/passing is good and shot is lethal. He can also skate. Trevor Timmons likes players with good tools, and Perrault has some very good tools
jassan28 liked this.
Sep. 8, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
5’11 198 at 18 is big and he’s strong. To me at least after about 12 it all boils down to preference. You have him, Jarvis, Mercer, amirov, Zary who are ranked at various spots. Out of those I named he easily has the best “tool box”. Hands are good, vision/passing is good and shot is lethal. He can also skate. Trevor Timmons likes players with good tools, and Perrault has some very good tools

Don't see it that way. After 20 it becomes more about preference. Picks 15 thru 20 are pretty impactful you shouldn't be reaching for smtg at that point because of their "tool box".

And if big and fast is smtg the habs need, i don't know why they wouldn't take Holloway who is probably one of the better skaters in the draft, especially when you consider his size. Also plays with Caufield alrdy so that is definitely a trevor timmins move...

Have you heard anything on Brendan Brisson btw? I really like the kid hope he somehow falls to the habs second round
Sep. 9, 2020 at 12:12 a.m.
Don't see it that way. After 20 it becomes more about preference. Picks 15 thru 20 are pretty impactful you shouldn't be reaching for smtg at that point because of their "tool box".

And if big and fast is smtg the habs need, i don't know why they wouldn't take Holloway who is probably one of the better skaters in the draft, especially when you consider his size. Also plays with Caufield alrdy so that is definitely a trevor timmins move...

Have you heard anything on Brendan Brisson btw? I really like the kid hope he somehow falls to the habs second round

I like brisson as well but almost no chance he’s there. I didn’t mean 16 won’t be impactful I meant after 12 every one is really close. I’ve always liked Holloway but Perrault has such tremendous upside especially as a goal scorer that I think we have to take him. “ tool box” is very important as that what will get you to the nhl and will make you succeed. I don’t consider Perrault a reach what so ever as I’d rank him above the following,
Mercer, amirov, Zary, bourque, Holloway(who might not be available), even Jarvis
Sep. 9, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
GoCanada
I like brisson as well but almost no chance he’s there. I didn’t mean 16 won’t be impactful I meant after 12 every one is really close. I’ve always liked Holloway but Perrault has such tremendous upside especially as a goal scorer that I think we have to take him. “ tool box” is very important as that what will get you to the nhl and will make you succeed. I don’t consider Perrault a reach what so ever as I’d rank him above the following,
Mercer, amirov, Zary, bourque, Holloway(who might not be available), even Jarvis

Have to agree with @Howisbergevinstillhere, Perrault is a very special player and is looking like a good scorer as well. He skates very well which a lot of scouts have overlooked in the past, he has a decent ceiling with a low risk. Only other players that fit Montreal's mould are Mercer, Jarvis or Zary unless Guhle is something you want. Perrault has got size, skating and scoring which every team would love to have on their team, reminds of Gallagher at times not with edge though, can become a Jaden Schartz type player or TJ Oshie 2.0
Sep. 9, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss

Quoting: jassan28
Have to agree with @Howisbergevinstillhere, Perrault is a very special player and is looking like a good scorer as well. He skates very well which a lot of scouts have overlooked in the past, he has a decent ceiling with a low risk. Only other players that fit Montreal's mould are Mercer, Jarvis or Zary unless Guhle is something you want. Perrault has got size, skating and scoring which every team would love to have on their team, reminds of Gallagher at times not with edge though, can become a Jaden Schartz type player or TJ Oshie 2.0

Wow that's wild. Jarvis imm is a top 10 player. Only thing holding him back is the same for Rossi, undersized but highly skilled offensive player. I guess that's why Nick Robertson fell so far last year tho so who knows
Sep. 9, 2020 at 3:56 p.m.
Wow that's wild. Jarvis imm is a top 10 player. Only thing holding him back is the same for Rossi, undersized but highly skilled offensive player. I guess that's why Nick Robertson fell so far last year tho so who knows

I actually really like Jarvis. Problem is he’s a small playmaker which we really don’t need. I just think that Perrault has a higher ceiling. Goal scoring is so tough and he does it so well. He also has very underrated playmaking.
Sep. 9, 2020 at 5:56 p.m.
Pretty good, but idk if Jets need another D prospect.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll