SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Barzal Offer Sheet?

Sep. 9, 2020 at 7:18 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Hearing some rumors lately that Barzal could be a target for an offer sheet this offseason. Given historical precedence (eg: Mitch Marner), offer sheet rumors are best taken with a grain of salt; however, the Isles do face a tough cap situation and many NHL teams do have the cap and assets to pull this off.

Does Barzal get offer sheeted? If so, where?
Sep. 10, 2020 at 5:27 a.m.
Very interesting. NYI are extremely vulnerable to an offer sheet but I doubt it'll happen. I'm sure they'd love to sign him to a 3 year bridge deal in the $6.5M range, but Lou would certainly match anything under $8.726M. Nobody will offer more than $10.9. He's from Western Canada and CGY could definitely use a #1 Center. I just can't see him bailing on his current team, especially when they're set up to be competitive for a long time. Flames should offer 7x$9.5M and roll the dice.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 8:43 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
IDK. No team that would be willing to fork over the picks has enough cap space to sign him without making any moves. The flat cap will make teams think long and hard about whether it’s worth it. At this point I doubt he signs an offer sheet.
Sep. 11, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
The Habs, contrary to somewhat popular belief, will not offersheet him, because we already got two young centers who are much cheaper.

It would be interesting to see the sens or devils take a shot, maybe way above the recommended price tag, as they have the picks.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll