Quoting: ivan092033
Switch Sanderson and Quinn

nah Winnipeg doesnt need Sanderson with Heinola and Samberg
Rooney liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:05 a.m.
Go Jets Go
Quoting: csick
nah Winnipeg doesnt need Sanderson with Heinola and Samberg

Thank you lol! Although my preference would be to take the hometown kid Jarvis, I can't argue with selecting Quinn either. Lundell would be the dream pick for WPG but I doubt he falls past #9.
csick and Lenny7 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:06 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Rooney
Thank you lol! Although my preference would be to take the hometown kid Jarvis, I can't argue with selecting Quinn either. Lundell would be the dream pick for WPG but I doubt he falls past #9.

best case would be Sanderson gets taken before Winnipeg so someone good ends up dropping
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:07 a.m.
Go Jets Go
best case would be Sanderson gets taken before Winnipeg so someone good ends up dropping

Absolutely!
csick liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:16 a.m.
Sorry csick, swap 2 and 3 smile Kings going Byfield.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:18 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Sorry csick, swap 2 and 3 smile Kings going Byfield.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo #ByfieldToOttawa
PuckLuck_77 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:21 a.m.

BYFIELD NEEDS TO COME TO OTTAWA. Also I think they'll take Sanderson and maybe one of them can play on the right but if a guy like Lundell falls Jets would take him
csick liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:22 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: ivan092033
BYFIELD NEEDS TO COME TO OTTAWA. Also I think they'll take Sanderson and maybe one of them can play on the right but if a guy like Lundell falls Jets would take him

i wouldnt be mad if Ottawa takes Sanderson but he wouldnt be my top option for 5th overall. Theres plenty of good D next year.
Byfield and Raymond would be the best outcome
ivan092033 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:25 a.m.

I get the desire from Ottawa fans. It's gonna hurt that they dropped to three/five. But I can't tell if it's group-think or wishful thinking on this site whenever I see Stutzle over Byfield in all the mock drafts. TSN Ottawa media is pumping it hard with their interviews, but I mean.. you gotta admit that's a biased outlet with a clear motive for spreading the information.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I LOOOOVE Stutzle as a prospect. I was hoping the Kings would be in a position to select him after the lottery. But that's because I didn't expect to win #1 or #2. The Kings centers that everyone lists (Vilardi, Turcotte, and Kupari) all have legitimate question marks next to them. Vilardi's health is a toss-up, though I hope he's past his back issues. Turcotte's upside is starting to be questioned. And Kupari, who's main skill has always been his speed, is coming off an ACL injury and hasn't skated since the WJC. None of them have the ceiling that Byfield does, and both Vilardi and Turcotte have experience playing the wing. It makes too much sense, even if he wasn't BPA, which he is. And the Kings have shown to go with the BPA as their drafting strategy for many years now.

Kings are going Byfield.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
KFTW
I get the desire from Ottawa fans. It's gonna hurt that they dropped to three/five. But I can't tell if it's group-think or wishful thinking on this site whenever I see Stutzle over Byfield in all the mock drafts. TSN Ottawa media is pumping it hard with their interviews, but I mean.. you gotta admit that's a biased outlet with a clear motive for spreading the information.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I LOOOOVE Stutzle as a prospect. I was hoping the Kings would be in a position to select him after the lottery. But that's because I didn't expect to win #1 or #2. The Kings centers that everyone lists (Vilardi, Turcotte, and Kupari) all have legitimate question marks next to them. Vilardi's health is a toss-up, though I hope he's past his back issues. Turcotte's upside is starting to be questioned. And Kupari, who's main skill has always been his speed, is coming off an ACL injury and hasn't skated since the WJC. None of them have the ceiling that Byfield does, and both Vilardi and Turcotte have experience playing the wing. It makes too much sense, even if he wasn't BPA, which he is. And the Kings have shown to go with the BPA as their drafting strategy for many years now.

Kings are going Byfield.

i think both players will be elite but i just dont see Stutzle playing centre and thats my only issue with him. Byfield would be a natural fit for that 1C
PuckLuck_77 and ivan092033 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:33 a.m.
I agree on both your projections for the players. And Byfield would be a blessing for Ottawa's rebuild because that's exactly what you guys need. Buuuuut...... smile Go Kings Go!
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:36 a.m.
KFTW
I agree on both your projections for the players. And Byfield would be a blessing for Ottawa's rebuild because that's exactly what you guys need. Buuuuut...... smile Go Kings Go!

idk i dont see LA having elite wingers at the moment and i think they could create an elite top 6 with Stutzle. I just really see them taking Stutzle in my mind
ivan092033 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2020 at 11:47 a.m.
idk i dont see LA having elite wingers at the moment and i think they could create an elite top 6 with Stutzle. I just really see them taking Stutzle in my mind

I mean, you're not necessarily wrong about "elite" wingers in the system. But here are a couple of other points to support why the Kings go Byfield.

1) Both Fagemo and Kaliyev are in the system marinating with projected top-6 upside. The #35 pick can also be used to pick a top-6 upside winger.
2) Turcotte has the tools to be an elite winger if they decide to go with Byfield-Vilardi-Kopitar as their centers in two-three years.
3) It's MUCH easier to find an elite winger in free agency than it is to find an elite 1C. When the Kings are ready to start contending, and if they still feel as if they have holes on the wing, they can find something in the UFA market.
4) Centers are better trade chips than wingers. So if they decide in year or two that one of Byfield/Turcotte/Vilardi don't fit, they'll get more value on the trade market from one of them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll