SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Scouting Reports

Sep. 11, 2020 at 6:02 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
There isn’t a draft forums thing so I figured I’d put it here

There is still a long period of time before the draft starts on October 8th, and lots of the picks are still in flux. I for one am a huge fan of the draft, and usually watch all seven rounds each year. I don't have that much insight though, and I know there are a lot of people on this site who do, such as @SammyT_51 , who scouts for DobberProspects if I am correct. And I would like if some of these people would provide some details on some of the prospects in this draft for the rest of us who, like me, lack a ton of knowledge about the prospects.

Let’s keep the comments one to three players at a time so it doesn’t feel like we’re reading an essay. I’m not going to provide a limit on posts, so do so freely. Also feel free to ‘mention’ anyone you feel could give a reliable opinion on this topic and is okay with being mentioned.
Kotkaniemi15 and SammyT_51 liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 12:08 a.m.
NJ Devils #7 Overall:

Given the Devils need to further draft and develop on the back end, I think they'd love to take Drysdale at #7. If he goes earlier (a strong possibility), Jake Sanderson seems like a solid pick. He's the #2 North American Defenseman, according to NHL.com and eliteprospects.com. According to NHL.com, Sanderson is an excellent skater with elite hockey IQ and strong compete level, similar to Charlie McAvoy.

I've seen Cole Perfetti slotted at #7 on a number of draft boards, but I would steer clear of him from a Devils perspective. He's a high skill player, but he's undersized and the Devils need some size and toughness upfront after taking Hughes last season. I think it's essential to build a balanced prospect pool with depth at all positions. Many people believe that selecting the best available talent is the way to go. That may be true later in the 1st round, but they're desperate for future top pair D.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll