RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 8
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$758,333$758,333
RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,475,000$1,475,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,275,000$3,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RD
UFA - 7
$4,400,000$4,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,375,000$1,375,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 13, 2020 at 7:34 p.m.
Ken Holland Hater
why?
mokumboi liked this.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 7:39 p.m.
Buffbry
2020 first and walman in the wings trade is better for us
aedoran liked this.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 7:49 p.m.
Sicarius
Quoting: buffbry

Ya I meant to put the 1st is 2020, not sure why the site stopped allowing adding the 2020 picks already
buffbry and aedoran liked this.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 7:51 p.m.
Sicarius
Quoting: Petey232323
why?

One thought is the Blues might not be able to extend Parayko. This is one way of keeping 27
Sep. 13, 2020 at 7:56 p.m.
Banned
I don't think I'd do this from the Leafs. While I like Parayko, I think Nylander's potential is way too high to move on from.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 8:30 p.m.
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
I don't think I'd do this from the Leafs. While I like Parayko, I think Nylander's potential is way too high to move on from.

Stuff like this is why the Leafs suck. They need a d-man and are too attached to a forward that they don't need. Kyle Dubas think this as well. Until they accept that they need to move on from Nylander or Tavares they won't be able to fill that hole.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 9:06 p.m.
Quoting: buffbry

Quoting: Sicarius
Ya I meant to put the 1st is 2020, not sure why the site stopped allowing adding the 2020 picks already

As a Detroit fan that works for me.
buffbry liked this.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 9:13 p.m.
What is this absolute nonsense.

1.) Steen and Bozak aren't waiving to move to Detroit where their career would be completely dead. This only works if they agree to an immediate buyout or a 3 way trade and Detroit retains salary. Either way, Steen isn't worth a 1st. Armstrong has already said he's keeping the pick and it makes absolutely no sense to give the pick up in this draft to save a few million. Bozak has positive value for the umpteenth time and giving away Toropchenko for free is ridiculous

2.) No. The blues have zero interest in giving up one of the best shutdown D in the league in a position we are full on, he costs more cap, and lastly his cap to goal ratio would put him as one of the worst forwards on the team after the trade.
mokumboi liked this.
Sep. 13, 2020 at 9:51 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Stuff like this is why the Leafs suck. They need a d-man and are too attached to a forward that they don't need. Kyle Dubas think this as well. Until they accept that they need to move on from Nylander or Tavares they won't be able to fill that hole.

You're a clown. The leafs don't suck, they fell to a hot goalie in the play ins and have been stuck in the toughest division in the league. Oh yeah and they are the like the 4th youngest team in the league who also had terrible injuries all season. This is the typical response from a fool who just wants to fight with leaf fans and hates the leafs and just wants this to be true. Defence wasn't the problem, the system was the problem. Keefe is fixing that and saying the Leafs have to move on from Nylander or Tavares is ****ing stupid. What they need is more time to figure out the right combination of players. They have the core, they have some good vets and they have some good young guys still figuring things out. I hope they pick up a defenceman who can actually play with Rielly and not burden him like Hainsey, Zaitsev and Ceci have done. But it doesn't NEED to be some elite #1. They already have one in Rielly and Muzzin is also a top pair guy. Lehtonen could be the answer or at least a stop gap for when Liljegren is fully here. Plus Sandin and Dermott are also young with loads of skill and talent. But I am sure you are also one of those idiots on here you loves to say that TO's under 24 defenceman are all washed up and will never amount to anything because it would make you happy. You're just a typical cap friendly hero, devoid of any substance but an ax to grind.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 12:38 a.m.
Bcarlo25
“More.”

-St. Louis.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 1:04 a.m.
Brace for the Storm

😂😂😂

Parayko’s literally better than Rielly, are you saying you wouldn’t give up Willy for Rielly????

You never seem to understand that getting top end talent on the blueline (Slavin, Josi, Jones, Parayko, Mo, Hughes, Makar, Heiskanen, I could go on) is much harder than finding top end forward talent, why?
-because defending is much harder than attacking
-because there are 2 times less d-men
-because the average d-man plays more than the average forward
Saying that Willy is too much for CP is one of the dumbest things ever. It’s in the ballpark of saying that he gets you McAvoy
Sep. 14, 2020 at 2:49 a.m.
mokumboi
NO. Stop it.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 7:02 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
😂😂😂

Parayko’s literally better than Rielly, are you saying you wouldn’t give up Willy for Rielly????

You never seem to understand that getting top end talent on the blueline (Slavin, Josi, Jones, Parayko, Mo, Hughes, Makar, Heiskanen, I could go on) is much harder than finding top end forward talent, why?
-because defending is much harder than attacking
-because there are 2 times less d-men
-because the average d-man plays more than the average forward
Saying that Willy is too much for CP is one of the dumbest things ever. It’s in the ballpark of saying that he gets you McAvoy

Rielly is better than Parayko and it's by a wide margin. The usual anti leaf nonsense on this site has Rielly being a 2nd pair defender when he's a top 10 defenceman league wide. It's stupid. Parayko is terrific but he isn't a #1 defenceman. He's a #2. Great defensively but just okay offensively. I for one don't give away talent just because cement heads say the Leafs are desperate for a big top pair defenceman. I believe they need more depth and really need a partner for Rielly but I won't overpay for you. Why? Because overpaying almost never works.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 8:58 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Rielly is better than Parayko and it's by a wide margin. The usual anti leaf nonsense on this site has Rielly being a 2nd pair defender when he's a top 10 defenceman league wide. It's stupid. Parayko is terrific but he isn't a #1 defenceman. He's a #2. Great defensively but just okay offensively. I for one don't give away talent just because cement heads say the Leafs are desperate for a big top pair defenceman. I believe they need more depth and really need a partner for Rielly but I won't overpay for you. Why? Because overpaying almost never works.

At it again. Your only argument EVER is «aNtI lEaFs BiAs».
Parayko's way ahead of Mo in terms of defense while being one of the most underrated «offensive» d-men in the league, meaning that he could easily quarterback th Blues' PP if petro wasn't around. Running a PP AND a PK is something Mo can't do. If he does play PK minutes, he should be the d-man that plays the less minutes in such a scenario.

Not Parayko.
Imagine Muzzin on steroids and the steroids are themselves boosted, congrats you've got Colton Parayko. Also no he's not a number 2, he's a number 1 caliber d-man, easily
Sep. 14, 2020 at 9:06 a.m.
Parayko's way ahead of Mo in terms of defense while being one of the most underrated «offensive» d-men in the league, meaning that he could easily quarterback th Blues' PP if petro wasn't around. Running a PP AND a PK is something Mo can't do. If he does play PK minutes, he should be the d-man that plays the less minutes in such a scenario.

Not Parayko.
Imagine Muzzin on steroids and the steroids are themselves boosted, congrats you've got Colton Parayko. Also no he's not a number 2, he's a number 1 caliber d-man, easily

You'd have a hard time convincing me that Parayko isn't the son of Al Macinnis
Sep. 14, 2020 at 9:14 a.m.
As a leaf fan...I 100% accept. I like Willy more than most and think he's the only one of the big 4 playing up to his contract...but if you're tellling me I can trade a top 6 winger for a #1 RHD man...I make that deal. I'd be surprised if that's all it took to pry Parayko out of St. Louis but it's a framework that could make sense for both sides if the Blues would rather keep Pietrangelo.

I doubt Dubas would be looking to deal Nylander...and nor should he...especially after already dealing Kapanen....but Parayko is one of the few names I wouldn't have a problem dealing him for. Rielly needs a solid defensive D-man to pair with so he can play to his full potential...and he already has some chemistry with Colton...

c_ArDL7io8-
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:24 a.m.
Banned

Not Parayko.

Defence is a system thing. A 5 man cohesive unit works wonders on making any individual player better defensively. The Leafs under Babs were a high event team. Couple that with the garbage partners Rielly has played with and he gets the rep of being terrible defensively. He isn't, he's good and often great due to his crazy good skating. Parayko is better defensively sure, I won't argue that but the rest of Rielly's game is superior. I would love Parayko but moving on from Nylander and ever Leaf fan will be complaining that our forward depth is now crap. Which it would be greatly diminished. Meanwhile, Sandin, Liljegren, Dermott and Lehtonen will all either be decent or terrific in the rather near future. Patience is needed and rash decisions like moving an elite forward for a defenceman who will cost 8+ at the same time as Rielly will not help us.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:42 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Defence is a system thing. A 5 man cohesive unit works wonders on making any individual player better defensively. The Leafs under Babs were a high event team. Couple that with the garbage partners Rielly has played with and he gets the rep of being terrible defensively. He isn't, he's good and often great due to his crazy good skating. Parayko is better defensively sure, I won't argue that but the rest of Rielly's game is superior. I would love Parayko but moving on from Nylander and ever Leaf fan will be complaining that our forward depth is now crap. Which it would be greatly diminished. Meanwhile, Sandin, Liljegren, Dermott and Lehtonen will all either be decent or terrific in the rather near future. Patience is needed and rash decisions like moving an elite forward for a defenceman who will cost 8+ at the same time as Rielly will not help us.

let's just assume STL would agree to the deal (spoiler alert they wouldn')

It's really not that hard to understand why the Leafs just wouldn't have much trouble replacing WIlly, reason being that no other team in the league spends 38 millions on 4 forwards. I wouldn't complain about such a big four if two of them were D-men.

Now, you D wuld look like:
Mo(plays PP and PK)-CP(plays PK and PP)
JM(plays PK)-Sandin(move Holl)
Dermott(plays PK)-Lehtonen

-move Andersen and get a cheaper G (Mrazek, Crawford are interesting options in such a scenario)
-sign Spezza to a league min deal
-Dermott to a 1 year,1,5 mil deal
-Mikeyev to a 2 year, 2 mil deal
-sign C.Smith and C.Crawford to 2 year deals with 3,75 mil AAVs
-sign Maroon to a cheap 1 year deal

Hyman-AM-Smith
Roberston-JT-Marner
Johnsson-AK-Soup
Engvall-Spezza-Maroon
I count a 240 ish goal potential here, which is 3 goals per game. Now, I didn't count the D, which would add at the very least 35 goals (I'd argue 45) and I went conservative on Robertson (I gave him 16 goals I think), on Hyman (I gave him 20)

I really can't see how such a team is worse than what we currently have. It's so obvious to me

As for the D being a system, uh, you don't say? The fact is that as it stands TOR has 2 top 4 d-men, Holl looking like a number 6 as soon as Muzzin gets injured, Dermott is still a number 5 while Lehtonen hasn't played a single NHL game before and you seem to see him as the best invention since sliced bread
Sep. 14, 2020 at 9:43 p.m.
You're a clown. The leafs don't suck, they fell to a hot goalie in the play ins and have been stuck in the toughest division in the league. Oh yeah and they are the like the 4th youngest team in the league who also had terrible injuries all season. This is the typical response from a fool who just wants to fight with leaf fans and hates the leafs and just wants this to be true. Defence wasn't the problem, the system was the problem. Keefe is fixing that and saying the Leafs have to move on from Nylander or Tavares is ****ing stupid. What they need is more time to figure out the right combination of players. They have the core, they have some good vets and they have some good young guys still figuring things out. I hope they pick up a defenceman who can actually play with Rielly and not burden him like Hainsey, Zaitsev and Ceci have done. But it doesn't NEED to be some elite #1. They already have one in Rielly and Muzzin is also a top pair guy. Lehtonen could be the answer or at least a stop gap for when Liljegren is fully here. Plus Sandin and Dermott are also young with loads of skill and talent. But I am sure you are also one of those idiots on here you loves to say that TO's under 24 defenceman are all washed up and will never amount to anything because it would make you happy. You're just a typical cap friendly hero, devoid of any substance but an ax to grind.

Lmao man you took this comment way too harshly almost like you were personally offended. They have lots of potential in the back end but the clock is ticking on their window and will most certainly run out before the potential reaches. Tavares has 2-4 years left at an even $8M production and once he's done, so are the Leafs. No team will ever win in the near future without VGK or TB type depth. NYI and DAL have very good depth too. Keefe isn't fixing anything. If Babcock who is one of the best coaches of the last decade couldn't fix that system than nothing can. Keefe just caters to Matthews and Marner's everyone whine. Name one team in history that has absorbed 50% of their cap in 4 players and succeeded. The problem is that you don't have any half decent RD. Holl is one of the worst players in the NHL so don't you dare so him. It's taken a long time to figure that out and they don't seem to be close. You'd think you'd learn a lesson after 53 years of sucking. I don't care what division you are in. If you haven't made the 2nd round in 16 years you suck. I actually hate most of the hockey ideologies on this website. In case you haven't noticed everyone is a homer (you are obviously one of the biggest) who thinks that their players are God himself. I have yet to see a single trade on this website come anywhere near close to being correct.
Isles777 liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:13 p.m.
Banned
Lmao man you took this comment way too harshly almost like you were personally offended. They have lots of potential in the back end but the clock is ticking on their window and will most certainly run out before the potential reaches. Tavares has 2-4 years left at an even $8M production and once he's done, so are the Leafs. No team will ever win in the near future without VGK or TB type depth. NYI and DAL have very good depth too. Keefe isn't fixing anything. If Babcock who is one of the best coaches of the last decade couldn't fix that system than nothing can. Keefe just caters to Matthews and Marner's everyone whine. Name one team in history that has absorbed 50% of their cap in 4 players and succeeded. The problem is that you don't have any half decent RD. Holl is one of the worst players in the NHL so don't you dare so him. It's taken a long time to figure that out and they don't seem to be close. You'd think you'd learn a lesson after 53 years of sucking. I don't care what division you are in. If you haven't made the 2nd round in 16 years you suck. I actually hate most of the hockey ideologies on this website. In case you haven't noticed everyone is a homer (you are obviously one of the biggest) who thinks that their players are God himself. I have yet to see a single trade on this website come anywhere near close to being correct.

You don't know a thing. This is what you want to be true and no matter what happens you are going to have some reason why they aren't good, weren't and never will be good. I am tired of this
Sep. 15, 2020 at 8:17 p.m.
You don't know a thing. This is what you want to be true and no matter what happens you are going to have some reason why they aren't good, weren't and never will be good. I am tired of this

No they were good half a century ago and can be good in the future. They aren't currently good. Such a homer you can barely see straight.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 8:33 p.m.
Banned
No they were good half a century ago and can be good in the future. They aren't currently good. Such a homer you can barely see straight.

You're just a run of the mill troll. I have no time for idiots like you.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 8:38 p.m.
You're just a run of the mill troll. I have no time for idiots like you.

Sounds good. You keep saying that yet you keep responding. Haven't seen a valid argument (or even an argument) made by you yet. You just whine and cry like a baby. All you've done is say TrOlL, HaTeS lEaFs, IdIoT, DoEsN't KnOw AnYtHiNg. You sound like a complete moron.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 9:48 p.m.
Banned
Sounds good. You keep saying that yet you keep responding. Haven't seen a valid argument (or even an argument) made by you yet. You just whine and cry like a baby. All you've done is say TrOlL, HaTeS lEaFs, IdIoT, DoEsN't KnOw AnYtHiNg. You sound like a complete moron.

Oh I'm sorry, is it making you mad that I don't give a **** what you have to say? Don't worry little guy, you'll find lots of idiots on here who will entertain your infantile need to troll people.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 10:40 p.m.
Oh I'm sorry, is it making you mad that I don't give a **** what you have to say? Don't worry little guy, you'll find lots of idiots on here who will entertain your infantile need to troll people.

Lmao it's making me laugh not mad. You're so immature.tears of joy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll