SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

Danault being pursued by the jets

Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:19 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
https://mobile.twitter.com/InsideSource19/status/1305586074358558723

According to this twitter account who was a former NHL/QMJHL scout and who has multiple sources, the jets have been aggressive in pursuit of Danault.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:21 p.m.
Michael
Copp, a high pick and prospect
bunzy1034 liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:27 p.m.
Spleenmaster1002
Lol the follow up tweet. Chevy got the wrong Dano in the Ladd deal.

Would centre a deal around the ‘21 1st if there’s no extension (I’d assume Danault wouldn’t come with one)
bunzy1034 liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:33 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Danault is what the Jets need but they shouldn't sell the farm for him since he only has one year left, the Jets have already wasted a lot of good assets on centers who eventually said see ya I'm out of here, also Bergevin already took Chevy to the cleaners once, I'd hate to see what he could get from a desperate Dayoff in a Danault trade...
bunzy1034 liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:40 p.m.
Snake97
I would say as a Montreal fan :

Danault + mete + 1st (16th = Zary) —> Ehlers + 1st (10th = Sanderson)
Bicep Club
If Montreal's trading Danault it's probably gonna be for a top 6 winger.
He's probably still gonna have the most ice time for Montreal centers next season if we keep him, so there's no chance Bergevin's gonna trade him for any less since he seems set on competing with Weber and Price.
Snake97
Quoting: Jakethesnake97
I would say as a Montreal fan :

Danault + mete + 1st (16th = Zary) —> Ehlers + 1st (10th = Sanderson)

Something like this
Sep. 14, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
IMHO it really depends on if Danault is willing to negotiate an extension with the Jets now ahead of the trade. Assuming Habs let them hash out a verbal extension, Habs are asking for the 10th pick. Without that extension in place, its certainly the 2020 1st+ (the rest of the + will depend on the protection of the pick).
bunzy1034 liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:11 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
Quoting: F50marco
IMHO it really depends on if Danault is willing to negotiate an extension with the Jets now ahead of the trade. Assuming Habs let them hash out a verbal extension, Habs are asking for the 10th pick. Without that extension in place, its certainly the 2020 1st+ (the rest of the + will depend on the protection of the pick).

Yeah I would certainly be ok with that from a jets perspective. As long as it doesn’t turn out like another Statsny or Hayes
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:17 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

10th overall+ for a rental?
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:24 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
Quoting: MisstheWhalers

I think he meant with a deal in place. Danault is really good, but as good as Danault is, Chevy will look like a massive goof if he traded 10OA for a player we use one season.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:34 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: bunzy1034
I think he meant with a deal in place. Danault is really good, but as good as Danault is, Chevy will look like a massive goof if he traded 10OA for a player we use one season.

I would certainly hope so, should never trade a pick like that for short term help.

Chevy has gotta be feeling the heat a bit and in desperation mode, really hope he doesn't do something stupid.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:37 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
I would certainly hope so, should never trade a pick like that for short term help.

Chevy has gotta be feeling the heat a bit and in desperation mode, really hope he doesn't do something stupid.

Personally I’m all for him being active and getting pieces that strengthen the lineup. As long as they are not too old. Danault is just entering his prime and he is pretty much exactly the type of player we need
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:47 p.m.

Lol I mean, did you even read my comment?

"IMHO it really depends on if Danault is willing to negotiate an extension with the Jets now ahead of the trade. Assuming Habs let them hash out a verbal extension, Habs are asking for the 10th pick.

Also why does everyone assume automatically that every player on an expiring deal is a rental? A player is only a "rental" if both parties are aware the other isn't willing to negotiate during the time they have them. Also since when is 1 full year of a player a rental? This term was only used for TDL deals when a player couldn't be traded a second time. If WPG trades for Danault now and they can't come to terms during the year, they can trade him at the TDL to recoup some value. That's not a rental.

A player is only a rental when you are guaranteed to get nothing but his services back for the current contract. WPG would have a ton of options like resigning him and if not trading him at the TDL. The team trading for him from WPG at the TDL would be trading for a rental. (I mean they could technically trade his rights but that's peanuts obviously)

Once again, most trades for big name players like this have the agent and GM negotiate the terms AHEAD of agreeing to the trade. Its in all parties best interests.

WPG wouldn't trade the 10th for Danault with out any assurances of him resigning. I meant 2021 1st WITHOUT any assurances:

"Without that extension in place, its certainly the 2021 1st+ (the rest of the + will depend on the protection of the pick)."
bunzy1034 liked this.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:52 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Lol I mean, did you even read my comment?

"IMHO it really depends on if Danault is willing to negotiate an extension with the Jets now ahead of the trade. Assuming Habs let them hash out a verbal extension, Habs are asking for the 10th pick.

Also why does everyone assume automatically that every player on an expiring deal is a rental? A player is only a "rental" if both parties are aware the other isn't willing to negotiate during the time they have them. Also since when is 1 full year of a player a rental? This term was only used for TDL deals when a player couldn't be traded a second time. If WPG trades for Danault now and they can't come to terms during the year, they can trade him at the TDL to recoup some value. That's not a rental.

A player is only a rental when you are guaranteed to get nothing but his services back for the current contract. WPG would have a ton of options like resigning him and if not trading him at the TDL. The team trading for him from WPG at the TDL would be trading for a rental. (I mean they could technically trade his rights but that's peanuts obviously)

Once again, most trades for big name players like this have the agent and GM negotiate the terms AHEAD of agreeing to the trade. Its in all parties best interests.

WPG wouldn't trade the 10th for Danault with out any assurances of him resigning. I meant 2021 1st WITHOUT any assurances:

"Without that extension in place, its certainly the 2021 1st+ (the rest of the + will depend on the protection of the pick)."

Take a look at your original comment, it doesn't say anything about a 2021 1st which was what I thought you probably meant and yes I read your comment, it was confusing which was why I asked.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:55 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Personally I’m all for him being active and getting pieces that strengthen the lineup. As long as they are not too old. Danault is just entering his prime and he is pretty much exactly the type of player we need

Danault will be 28 in February, so one year on the cheap and then a raise that'll probably look ugly eventually, honestly I don't think he's worth 10th overall even with an extension.
Sep. 14, 2020 at 11:58 p.m.
Take a look at your original comment, it doesn't say anything about a 2021 1st which was what I thought you probably meant and yes I read your comment, it was confusing which was why I asked.

Yeah I noticed that as writing it my last comment. Figured it was self explanatory though. Not sure how the value would be the same or higher without an extension in place as opposed to with it.. laugh
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
From the Habs perspective, if Danault moves out, Bergevin needs to find someone to replace (or at least attempt to replace) his defensive responsibilities. Simply deciding to keep Domi over Danault doesn't accomplish this... so If we're not looking at other moves, I'd say Lowry would have to be included in some fashion. Danault (with extension obviously) + late 2nd or early 3rd for 10th overall + Lowry?

Or if Cheveldayoff and Bergevin are smokin the good stuff, just go all out. Take both Danault (with extension) + Domi + 16th overall + late 2nd, and trade the 10th overall + Kyle Connor + Lowry lol Jets wouldn't be short centers after that lol
bunzy1034 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll