MIN
  1. Frost, Morgan
  2. Gostisbehere, Shayne
  3. 2021 1st round pick (PHI)
PHI
  1. Dumba, Matt
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (MIN)
Additional Details:
This trade is super hard to figure out I think this works out okay Ghost has very little value right now and Dumba is a huge piece on a good contract and I think Minnesota only takes a centre back so Frost is the best piece Philly has for that and I went for the 2021 first just because I think philly wants to keep the pick in 2020 because of the deep draft
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$69,529,424$0$925,000$11,970,576
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,625,000$1,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RW, C
RFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,166,667$4,166,667
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 2
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$785,000$785,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,850,000$1,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
You can only trade Dumba once, Guerin better be damn sure that Frost is a top 6 center because if not then we've lost Dumba, didn't fill our need for a top 6 center, and have gained a pick in a draft where there may be the least information on prospects in the past 20 years. I don't hate the value, I'm just saying it's a risky trade.
MNBassman liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:17 p.m.
I genuinely cannot understand the rhetoric that Ghost has little to know value and Dumba is some golden trade chip. 2 players in very similar situations, 2 high offense guys with 3 years left who have struggled to return to form after tough injuries. Biggest difference is Ghost has a higher ceiling and lower floor and comes with a lower cap hit, while Dumba is pretty much the opposite of that. Since Dumba is a RHD which is much more rare on the market and had a better season this past one I could see the difference between the two being a high pick or a higher end prospect, but Frost and a 1st seems like a crazy difference between 2 guys in fairly similar boats
flyers123455 liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:17 p.m.
If you get Frost I'd be pretty surprised to see a first go along with it. Maybe a 3rd but not more. Frost is highly viewed by the org.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:18 p.m.
Pop Pop
Quoting: TanSor
You can only trade Dumba once, Guerin better be damn sure that Frost is a top 6 center because if not then we've lost Dumba, didn't fill our need for a top 6 center, and have gained a pick in a draft where there may be the least information on prospects in the past 20 years. I don't hate the value, I'm just saying it's a risky trade.

You think it woukd be a better idea to trade for an established player instead that can play center. Nylander or domi or someone similiar.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
Quoting: Jfstompers
You think it woukd be a better idea to trade for an established player instead that can play center. Nylander or domi or someone similiar.

Honestly I have no idea what I'd do. I don't like Domi, he turns the puck over way too much for me to like him at center. I love Nylander, but I'm not convinced he can properly develop as a C anymore. I guess my favorite options are to push all the trade chips to the center of the table and swing for the 2nd or 3rd pick to grab near can't-miss franchise center like Byfield/Stutzle but I don't think LA or Ottawa move their picks (and of course this contradicts my original comment). I also like Cirelli a lot, but Tampa's cap and NTC players make it tough to figure out a deal. I feel like every option has been done to death but there's only a couple that truly make sense for us and they aren't very realistic. Guess we'll just have to overpay Barkov in free agency on a max contract, lol.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
train, train
Philly fans would riot if this happened, and rightfully so.

That's not to say they're on point about everything. Contrary to the general Philly-fan belief, Ghost doesn't even have little value -- it's a negative value contract. But Frost is wayyy too good a prospect to give up for Dumba, even if Ghost's contract goes back the other way.

I see a match between Philly and Minny for PHI getting Dumba, but I'm not sure what would be a fair deal between the two. I'm sure there's one.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
Pop Pop
Honestly I have no idea what I'd do. I don't like Domi, he turns the puck over way too much for me to like him at center. I love Nylander, but I'm not convinced he can properly develop as a C anymore. I guess my favorite options are to push all the trade chips to the center of the table and swing for the 2nd or 3rd pick to grab near can't-miss franchise center like Byfield/Stutzle but I don't think LA or Ottawa move their picks (and of course this contradicts my original comment). I also like Cirelli a lot, but Tampa's cap and NTC players make it tough to figure out a deal. I feel like every option has been done to death but there's only a couple that truly make sense for us and they aren't very realistic.

I think cirelli would be a good choice. Hes been pretty invisible in the playoffs so far like young guys are prone to do so his value is a bit hard to gauge. I dont like domi at all. Is minny locked in on a center probably with that draft pick Lundell?
TanSor liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:37 p.m.
Honestly I have no idea what I'd do. I don't like Domi, he turns the puck over way too much for me to like him at center. I love Nylander, but I'm not convinced he can properly develop as a C anymore. I guess my favorite options are to push all the trade chips to the center of the table and swing for the 2nd or 3rd pick to grab near can't-miss franchise center like Byfield/Stutzle but I don't think LA or Ottawa move their picks (and of course this contradicts my original comment). I also like Cirelli a lot, but Tampa's cap and NTC players make it tough to figure out a deal. I feel like every option has been done to death but there's only a couple that truly make sense for us and they aren't very realistic. Guess we'll just have to overpay Barkov in free agency on a max contract, lol.

Every single word you said is exactly how I feel about the Wild’s endless quest in finding a 1C.
TanSor liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:38 p.m.
Quoting: CheechYou

That's not to say they're on point about everything. Contrary to the general Philly-fan belief, Ghost doesn't even have little value -- it's a negative value contract. But Frost is wayyy too good a prospect to give up for Dumba, even if Ghost's contract goes back the other way.

I see a match between Philly and Minny for PHI getting Dumba, but I'm not sure what would be a fair deal between the two. I'm sure there's one.

Here’s the thing. Philly has an embarrassment of riches at the C position. Hayes and Couturier are the 1 and 2 for as long as we can imagine. You can’t let both Patrick and Frost play 3C in the NHL or 1C in AHL for that time, you’ve got to make a decision on one and make your team better. If Patrick is their guy, Frost and a first is a pittance to pay for a guy that’s going to play on their first pair for 3 years at a controlled cost. I get it’s a player Philly doesn’t want to lose but Minnesota doesn’t want to lose Dumba either.

But like TanSor said, Wild have one shot to move Dumba and it has to pan out.
TanSor, CowSaysMoo and MNBassman liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:40 p.m.
Quoting: Jfstompers
I think cirelli would be a good choice. Hes been pretty invisible in the playoffs so far like young guys are prone to do so his value is a bit hard to gauge. I dont like domi at all. Is minny locked in on a center probably with that draft pick Lundell?

I don't like Lundell either, I wasn't that impressed with him from the few games I saw. He's great defensively but everything else is pretty meh. Rossi would be the dream imo if we decide to pursue a C in the draft, but the only way he'd fall is if scouts are scared by his size. Guerin keeps saying that teams typically don't trade good centers and that you have to draft them, so maybe we move up to take Rossi or even Perfetti if we think he's a C.
CowSaysMoo liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:49 p.m.
Pop Pop
I don't like Lundell either, I wasn't that impressed with him from the few games I saw. He's great defensively but everything else is pretty meh. Rossi would be the dream imo if we decide to pursue a C in the draft, but the only way he'd fall is if scouts are scared by his size. Guerin keeps saying that teams typically don't trade good centers and that you have to draft them, so maybe we move up to take Rossi or even Perfetti if we think he's a C.

Rossi could fall hes a Smurf but personally I want my wings to take him at 4. I love him in this draft but I bet we go with raymond or perfetti.
TanSor liked this.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:54 p.m.

Rossi is a better skating Granny 2.0. Just trade the pick for Domi or Strome, at least that way you can't be disappointed in 4 years when Rossi is playing wing. To be more clear I'd rather pick the goalie than Rossi in the draft at 9oa.

Lundell is the 2nd best center in the draft, and the most NHL ready center.
Sep. 15, 2020 at 11:58 p.m.
Patient gm

I'm more hoping that Guerin is waiting to see Dumba bounce back finally after his injury - get much more value and trade for barkov this year.
TanSor liked this.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
Pasta88bruins
Quoting: DH28Hockey
I genuinely cannot understand the rhetoric that Ghost has little to know value and Dumba is some golden trade chip. 2 players in very similar situations, 2 high offense guys with 3 years left who have struggled to return to form after tough injuries. Biggest difference is Ghost has a higher ceiling and lower floor and comes with a lower cap hit, while Dumba is pretty much the opposite of that. Since Dumba is a RHD which is much more rare on the market and had a better season this past one I could see the difference between the two being a high pick or a higher end prospect, but Frost and a 1st seems like a crazy difference between 2 guys in fairly similar boats

I think you are completely wrong Dumba is much better than Ghost he’s got the much higher ceiling with having a better complete game if ghost isn’t putting up points he’s not helping the team at all and gets scratched at times also Ghost hasn’t been himself for 2 seasons now Dumba had one down year after an injury where he still played pretty good
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.

I like Lundell and I would be more than happy to have him on the roster. But the more I think about it, I think Askarov is the pick. We aren't going to expend draft capital to move up unless its for Byfield and I just don't see that happening.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:11 a.m.
Pasta88bruins
Quoting: CheechYou

I think they would have to give up Frost to get Dumba maybe put in a second instead of the first but if Dumba can go back to how he was before the injury that’s a huge thing he was on a 30 goal pace and could go really well with Provorov
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:13 a.m.
Pasta88bruins
Quoting: wabit
Rossi is a better skating Granny 2.0. Just trade the pick for Domi or Strome, at least that way you can't be disappointed in 4 years when Rossi is playing wing. To be more clear I'd rather pick the goalie than Rossi in the draft at 9oa.

How is Lundell the second best centre in the draft
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:14 a.m.
Quoting: jnowariak
Here’s the thing. Philly has an embarrassment of riches at the C position. Hayes and Couturier are the 1 and 2 for as long as we can imagine. You can’t let both Patrick and Frost play 3C in the NHL or 1C in AHL for that time, you’ve got to make a decision on one and make your team better. If Patrick is their guy, Frost and a first is a pittance to pay for a guy that’s going to play on their first pair for 3 years at a controlled cost. I get it’s a player Philly doesn’t want to lose but Minnesota doesn’t want to lose Dumba either.

But like TanSor said, Wild have one shot to move Dumba and it has to pan out.

Flyers fall into the same expansion draft issue the Wild would be if they kept Dumba. They'll have four defenseman (Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, and Dumba) that they don't want to give up to Seattle. We'll have to pay Seattle to take someone else which becomes even more rough when we're giving up our best prospect and a 1st in this trade.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:18 a.m.
Pasta88bruins
Quoting: krzyk0
Flyers fall into the same expansion draft issue the Wild would be if they kept Dumba. They'll have four defenseman (Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, and Dumba) that they don't want to give up to Seattle. We'll have to pay Seattle to take someone else which becomes even more rough when we're giving up our best prospect and a 1st in this trade.

You’d end up with a similar problem with losing a good forward and losing isn’t that bad
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:18 a.m.
Quoting: Pasta88bruins
I think they would have to give up Frost to get Dumba maybe put in a second instead of the first but if Dumba can go back to how he was before the injury that’s a huge thing he was on a 30 goal pace and could go really well with Provorov

I think a late first is more than reasonable. While Frost is an A1-Day1 prospect, he won't see the NHL so long as Patrick is there and he has yet to show he can produce at the NHL level. Dumba had a bad year but he's proven to be a top pair guy in the NHL. Minnesota is the one taking the biggest risk, they get the player that has yet to make an impact on the big stage. Philly gets a complete d-man that has put up 50 points in the past. I think that difference is worth a first, but that's me selling high on a guy we don't have to move.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:20 a.m.
Quoting: wabit

Well after watching a few games of both I was a lot more impressed by Rossi. Obviously he plays in an easier league but he has way more skill and offensive hockey IQ. I was also very surprised by how good defensively he is. He's not gunna win Selke trophies but he's very solid on the backcheck. I know I stray from the general consensus on Lundell but I just don't like him. You say Rossi is a Granny 2.0 well I say Lundell is a worse Ek that isnt as physical and not as good of a skater.

I like Lundell and I would be more than happy to have him on the roster. But the more I think about it, I think Askarov is the pick. We aren't going to expend draft capital to move up unless its for Byfield and I just don't see that happening.

Guess we'll see in the next few weeks once the draft finally happens
jnowariak liked this.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:24 a.m.
Quoting: krzyk0

Very understandable. But I'd like to point out that lots of teams will be in this predicament. Russo (wild reporter for the athletic) had a conversation with Guerin or Fletcher, I can't remember who, and they said that many around the league are approaching it from the perspective that it sucks that they are going to lose a good player but everyone is going to lose a good player so let it happen and get on with hockey. The difference between the WIld and the Flyers right now is that the Wild can't win the cup next year.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:40 a.m.
Very understandable. But I'd like to point out that lots of teams will be in this predicament. Russo (wild reporter for the athletic) had a conversation with Guerin or Fletcher, I can't remember who, and they said that many around the league are approaching it from the perspective that it sucks that they are going to lose a good player but everyone is going to lose a good player so let it happen and get on with hockey. The difference between the WIld and the Flyers right now is that the Wild can't win the cup next year.

Yeah I don’t think that should stop the Flyers from pulling the trigger. If you can have a top 4 of Provorov Dumba Sanheim Myers with Niskanen on the third pair in front of Carter you do it. Worry about the expansion draft when it comes. Can go 4 and 4 leaving Lindblom exposed worse case scenario.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:43 a.m.
Quoting: Pasta88bruins
I think you are completely wrong Dumba is much better than Ghost he’s got the much higher ceiling with having a better complete game if ghost isn’t putting up points he’s not helping the team at all and gets scratched at times also Ghost hasn’t been himself for 2 seasons now Dumba had one down year after an injury where he still played pretty good

Dumba does not have a higher offensive ceiling, Ghosts highest scoring seasonbeatsout Dumba by a wide margin and has overall higher production in his career. Dumba is also not much of a better "complete player". I'd agree he's better defensively but still has some skating issues and is far from what I'd call two-way. Even two years ago when Ghost had a "bad season" he still scored as a higher rate than Dumba this past season. Credit where it's due, Dumba had a crazy start to 18-19 and is a more valuable player than Ghost, but I think the difference in value between the two has been blown far out of proportion. I'd much rather keep Ghost than move those assets to bring in Dumba

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll