SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Simple Mock with Some trade Ideas

Simple Mock with Some trade Ideas

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Rodzikhockey93
Published: Sep. 16, 2020 at 11:50 a.m.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
If Drysdale or Sanderson get to #7, NJD will likely take one of them.

If both d-men gone by #7, think they would be good candidate to trade downs couple of spots with team looking for one of those top centers.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 12:31 p.m.
Hawks are loaded with right handed defensive prospects (Boqvist, Ian Mitchell, Regula) and not to mention already having Murphy and Seabrook. Hawks will draft a winger most likely unless by some act of God Sanderson or Askarov falls to them.

The Leafs should absolutely not trade out of that position if they can grab Schneider. Obviously the Leafs lack higher end defensive prospects and Schneider is a very good fit for them as such.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
If Drysdale or Sanderson get to #7, NJD will likely take one of them.

If both d-men gone by #7, think they would be good candidate to trade downs couple of spots with team looking for one of those top centers.

probably not. they need scoring wingers (Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti) just as bad as they need defence. makes no sense for them to trade down either, they need high end talent
Book_Hockey liked this.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: zyyyp
probably not. they need scoring wingers (Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti) just as bad as they need defence. makes no sense for them to trade down either, they need high end talent

Agree scoring winger is needed, but really hard to pass on taking a future #1 d-man. At picks #18 and #20, guys like JJ Peterka and Jacob Perreault will be available. Wingers are deep in this draft.

Would you rather have:

(1) Drysdale/Peterka
(2) Sanderson/Perreault
(3) Holtz/Barron
(4) Perfetti/Schneider

For me, no question, I'd take first two options.

An ideal draft, imo, for NJD would be ....

7. Jamie Drysdale or Jake Sanderson
18. JJ Peterka
20. Jacob Perrault
(if they can acquire a 2nd) 2nd. Sam Colangelo, Martin Chromiak
84. Ian Moore or Zachary Uens
99. Goalie
Sep. 16, 2020 at 2:20 p.m.
Agree scoring winger is needed, but really hard to pass on taking a future #1 d-man. At picks #18 and #20, guys like JJ Peterka and Jacob Perreault will be available. Wingers are deep in this draft.

Would you rather have:

(1) Drysdale/Peterka
(2) Sanderson/Perreault
(3) Holtz/Barron
(4) Perfetti/Schneider

18. JJ Peterka
20. Jacob Perrault
99. Goalie

Holtz
Reichel
Wallinder

Would be my choice if we cant trade out of 18 or 20. I know Wallinder may be a little high, but I feel his upside is higher than Schneider and Barron. 6'4 200 and can really skate. And Swedes are pumping out quality defense man every year
Sep. 16, 2020 at 2:44 p.m.

Would you rather have:

(1) Drysdale/Peterka
(2) Sanderson/Perreault
(3) Holtz/Barron
(4) Perfetti/Schneider

18. JJ Peterka
20. Jacob Perrault
99. Goalie

see I don't think it's necessary to take a defenceman with one of the picks, plenty of quality defenceman worth taking in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round range, we have Smith coming up and likely a top 15 pick next year which is a loaded defensive class.

my ideal 1st round this year would be

7. Holtz
18. Amirov / Jarvis / Gunler
20. Perrault

or trade down with 20 for a late 1st and a 2nd or 3rd. I do love Sam Colangelo for us, I'm hoping we can acquire a 2nd rounder to take him.
Sep. 16, 2020 at 2:46 p.m.
Quoting: Book_Hockey
Holtz
Reichel
Wallinder

Would be my choice if we cant trade out of 18 or 20. I know Wallinder may be a little high, but I feel his upside is higher than Schneider and Barron. 6'4 200 and can really skate. And Swedes are pumping out quality defense man every year

If we want Wallinder we can trade down to get him and grab another pick in the process. 20 is pretty early for him, I only like him very late 1st round / early-mid 2nd round
Book_Hockey liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll