Forums/Armchair-GM

lotta moves coming this offseason only doing the bigger trades

Created by: gczer
Team: 2020-21 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 17, 2020
Published: Sep. 17, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
please add why you don't agree to something. don't say "this trade is bad". Tell me why as I want to hear your opinion!
Trades
MIN
  1. Turris, Kyle
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (NSH)
NSH
  1. Parise, Zach
Additional Details:
Parise after this season makes 8,6,2,1,1 in actual dollars with a 1.2 million buyout against the cap if you choose to. his contract is flexible where turris is at 6 all the way through.
MIN
  1. Alexeyev, Alexander
  2. Jensen, Nick
  3. 2020 1st round pick (WSH)
WSH
  1. Dumba, Matt
Additional Details:
may be overvaluing dumba a little. I see it as wsh needs to win their window is closing and they make a move. teams swap rd to not have a super lopsided cap difference. alexeyev is a good prospect at d who min needs because their prospect pool is heavy on forwards and a first to make it even as i feel the value of picks has dropped lately. I would be happy without alexeyev and instead a 2nd
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$57,757,629$0$925,000$23,742,371
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,166,667$4,166,667
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$785,000$785,000
G
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 17, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
Pop Pop
If parise is so easy to buy out why on earth would you want turris, just save the money or use it for a quality piece.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 9:25 p.m.
gczer
Quoting: Jfstompers
If parise is so easy to buy out why on earth would you want turris, just save the money or use it for a quality piece.

because they can recoup assets for him with also the idea of turris playing in a different environment with different players will hopefully increase his value and they can flip him for more than he's worth now. also greater chance parise falls off as he is much older and min for the time being saves money where they can, but nashville is in a pickle rn with cap issues so they're already fully committed and can't pivot and i feel ok taking on 1.5 mil extra
Sep. 17, 2020 at 9:26 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
I guess I don't hate the Parise trade but would rather trade Zuccarello, I think the Dumba trade way undervalues Dumba.
MNBassman liked this.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
gczer
Quoting: Paul13
I guess I don't hate the Parise trade but would rather trade Zuccarello, I think the Dumba trade way undervalues Dumba.

I don't really see anyone taking on zuccarello just because his contract doesn't get that much cheaper, his play has been declining with 4 more years left so if you buy him out your not in a good place. You could trade him but I think his value is seen as low and your better just burning a contract year and hoping his value goes up with his play imo. I think your right looking at it again. I overvalued Jensen and wsh could throw more in. what would you add?
OutCold13 liked this.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 9:47 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: gczer
I don't really see anyone taking on zuccarello just because his contract doesn't get that much cheaper, his play has been declining with 4 more years left so if you buy him out your not in a good place. You could trade him but I think his value is seen as low and your better just burning a contract year and hoping his value goes up with his play imo. I think your right looking at it again. I overvalued Jensen and wsh could throw more in. what would you add?

Right I guess if you're Guerin you try Zuccarello for Turris straight up and when nsh laughs you could throw this Parise deal out and see but part of me says Parise only has 2 years left before his back says he is done and then it's the LTIR without a recapture penalty. As far as Washington I'm not going to be much help. The Washington 1st is later than I would like Alexeyev is a good prospect not sure if he is expansion draft exempt, but that would be important, Jensen is just the Wild taking on salary he isn't really moving the needle in this trade. To be honest I'm not saying either trade can be done as a 1 for 1 but if the Wild were to trade Dumba to Washington I think they need to get a deal that bring Kuznetsov back or McMichael.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:17 p.m.
gczer
Right I guess if you're Guerin you try Zuccarello for Turris straight up and when nsh laughs you could throw this Parise deal out and see but part of me says Parise only has 2 years left before his back says he is done and then it's the LTIR without a recapture penalty. As far as Washington I'm not going to be much help. The Washington 1st is later than I would like Alexeyev is a good prospect not sure if he is expansion draft exempt, but that would be important, Jensen is just the Wild taking on salary he isn't really moving the needle in this trade. To be honest I'm not saying either trade can be done as a 1 for 1 but if the Wild were to trade Dumba to Washington I think they need to get a deal that bring Kuznetsov back or McMichael.

forsure i agree its definitely a risk and parise contract is way more favourable. I guess I feel turris can turn it around and be a good player again. I was thinking mcmichael and I don't think the difference in value between the two is big at all. I just don't know if Washington would trade him cuz he had a monster year. but good point about trading a good player in wanting someone good back because those guys are hard to find and you could risk a situation similar to the orielly trade.
OutCold13 liked this.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:20 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
forsure i agree its definitely a risk and parise contract is way more favourable. I guess I feel turris can turn it around and be a good player again. I was thinking mcmichael and I don't think the difference in value between the two is big at all. I just don't know if Washington would trade him cuz he had a monster year. but good point about trading a good player in wanting someone good back because those guys are hard to find and you could risk a situation similar to the orielly trade.

I'm with you in thinking Turris needs a change of scenery, I think he would bounce back a bit.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:29 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

Hey Washington fan here. Zero chance they give you a 1st and Alexeyev. He’s our best D prospect and Dumba absolutely sucks at defense. He’s a great offensive D man but we have Carlson for than and he’s miles better than Dumba. Dumba would be our 3rd best Dman behind Carlson and Orlov. Whoever suggested mcmichael being trade for him absolutely nuts. That’s the same as me suggesting you trade Kaprizov and a pick for Orlov. Jensen is much much better than you are giving him credit for also. Rather overpay a FA than like Vatanen than give up this type of return for Dumba. Sorry don’t mean to sound like a dck but that trade is an overpayment by Washington
Kalopsia liked this.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:37 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Hey Washington fan here. Zero chance they give you a 1st and Alexeyev. He’s our best D prospect and Dumba absolutely sucks at defense. He’s a great offensive D man but we have Carlson for than and he’s miles better than Dumba. Dumba would be our 3rd best Dman behind Carlson and Orlov. Whoever suggested mcmichael being trade for him absolutely nuts. That’s the same as me suggesting you trade Kaprizov and a pick for Orlov. Jensen is much much better than you are giving him credit for also. Rather overpay a FA than like Vatanen than give up this type of return for Dumba. Sorry don’t mean to sound like a dck but that trade is an overpayment by Washington

Your entitled to your opinion, I disagree though. Dumba is fine defensively as long as his offense is working it's just when it's not going he presses and has stupid turnovers. Most of the time when he is out there I'm not worried at all about his defense. I think you have Orlov over rated. My point is though that what the Wild really need is a center and Alexeyev isn't a center. If I'm Washington I wouldn't want to move McMichael because of the lack of young forwards in the pipeline that have a NHL future, but if the Wild move Dumba they need to comeback with a center.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:39 p.m.
gczer

thats totally fair. I don't follow washington super closely. I don't think he is on the same level as kaprizov even tho he did have a crazy year, it was in the o and kaps doing it in the Khl. not trying to take value away from mchmichael.. Ik you have alexeyev, fehevery and johansen (who hasn't done as well as you would have hoped, but is still a 1 rounder) so I didn't think you would miss alexeyev too much and I just had the time is now mentality due to the window closing really fast and I feel he would provide a big boost to the blueline and give players like carlson a chance to maximize his ability with more rest and better matchups. What would your trade for dumba look like, but it doesn't sound like you want him.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:43 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Your entitled to your opinion, I disagree though. Dumba is fine defensively as long as his offense is working it's just when it's not going he presses and has stupid turnovers. Most of the time when he is out there I'm not worried at all about his defense. I think you have Orlov over rated. My point is though that what the Wild really need is a center and Alexeyev isn't a center. If I'm Washington I wouldn't want to move McMichael because of the lack of young forwards in the pipeline that have a NHL future, but if the Wild move Dumba they need to comeback with a center.

ACTUALLY you are overvaluing Dumba and undervaluing Orlov. Orlov is much much better defensively and slightly worse offensively. I would strongly encourage you to look at both players advance numbers. Orlov is better.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HarrisonB927077/status/1306437401326354432

Comment section does a comparison. Not sure how to post pictures on here
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:49 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
thats totally fair. I don't follow washington super closely. I don't think he is on the same level as kaprizov even tho he did have a crazy year, it was in the o and kaps doing it in the Khl. not trying to take value away from mchmichael.. Ik you have alexeyev, fehevery and johansen (who hasn't done as well as you would have hoped, but is still a 1 rounder) so I didn't think you would miss alexeyev too much and I just had the time is now mentality due to the window closing really fast and I feel he would provide a big boost to the blueline and give players like carlson a chance to maximize his ability with more rest and better matchups. What would your trade for dumba look like, but it doesn't sound like you want him.

Honestly capitals are pretty set at LHD. LucaJo isn’t great I would trade him for a 4th yesterday. Nardella is really really solid. AHL numbers are solid at least. Alexeyev is 1 year away from the NHL and of Ovechkin wants 12m we need ELC. Fehervary is going to be a top 4 next year if not this year. Then the have Siegenthaler who is elite defensively and plays both sides. If we were to trade I would do Orlov 1 for 1 and that‘a be bc don’t have many RHD in our system and that’s gun to my head. IMO Orlov is better and cheaper but they are comparable talents Orlov like is said gets the edge. Mcmichael is 2 years away from being NHL imo but when he arrives he’ll be ready and really good. I like Jensen and how he played at the end of the year. Thinking we could sign DeMelo and be set.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:52 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
ACTUALLY you are overvaluing Dumba and undervaluing Orlov. Orlov is much much better defensively and slightly worse offensively. I would strongly encourage you to look at both players advance numbers. Orlov is better.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HarrisonB927077/status/1306437401326354432

Comment section does a comparison. Not sure how to post pictures on here

Interesting analytics. Apparently Orlov is the better all around defenseman, though Dumba still holds more value being a right shot defenseman who is 3 years younger on a cheaper contract, though I think we were only arguing who is better, so well argued.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:56 p.m.
gczer
Honestly capitals are pretty set at LHD. LucaJo isn’t great I would trade him for a 4th yesterday. Nardella is really really solid. AHL numbers are solid at least. Alexeyev is 1 year away from the NHL and of Ovechkin wants 12m we need ELC. Fehervary is going to be a top 4 next year if not this year. Then the have Siegenthaler who is elite defensively and plays both sides. If we were to trade I would do Orlov 1 for 1 and that‘a be bc don’t have many RHD in our system and that’s gun to my head. IMO Orlov is better and cheaper but they are comparable talents Orlov like is said gets the edge. Mcmichael is 2 years away from being NHL imo but when he arrives he’ll be ready and really good. I like Jensen and how he played at the end of the year. Thinking we could sign DeMelo and be set.

thats smart on signing demelo. I am curious then what washington needs. btm 6 depth? another top 6 winger. this is in terms of now as you said above you do need rhd prospects.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:57 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Interesting analytics. Apparently Orlov is the better all around defenseman, though Dumba still holds more value being a right shot defenseman who is 3 years younger on a cheaper contract, though I think we were only arguing who is better, so well argued.

Can’t argue that RHD/ offensively gifted Dmen hold more value. Orlov is roughly 900k cheaper but Dumba is younger. Age doesn’t matter as much to me bc capitals are old and nearly the end of our window. I think Orlov is better but right hand dmen are more rare. I bet Toronto gives up a ton for him. IMO Wild should look for a solid #1 center if they trade Dumba.
OutCold13 liked this.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 10:59 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
thats smart on signing demelo. I am curious then what washington needs. btm 6 depth? another top 6 winger. this is in terms of now as you said above you do need rhd prospects.

Caps biggest need was filled. Head coach lol. Maybe a 3rw but cap fans seem to be happy with Sprong.

Capitals are the best team in the league when they want to be. Issue is they are lazy AF and rarely show up
Sep. 17, 2020 at 11:01 p.m.
gczer
I feel their depth is a little lacking but I agree that Reirden was a problem. I think you guys will be a lot better with Laviolette
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Sep. 17, 2020 at 11:38 p.m.

Biggest needs are a LD to pair with Carlson and a RD to pair with Orlov. The RHD is more important because that's gonna be the pairing doing the heavy lifting defensively to free up Carlson to generate offense. My best guess is they re-sign Dillon to play with Carlson, trade Kempny, and get the best RHD they can afford with the money left over. I've got my fingers crossed for an offer sheet on Cernak, but there looks to be plenty of options in free agency.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:13 a.m.
I'd say make the first in the Washington trade maybe a third and next years fourth and we got a deal. Caps won't want to give up their first this year.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 2:10 p.m.
gczer
Quoting: LilKuzyVert92
I'd say make the first in the Washington trade maybe a third and next years fourth and we got a deal. Caps won't want to give up their first this year.

That’s the problem because he is worth more than that but he only fits with a small number of teams and with the internal cap it gets even smaller. I see now Wsh doesn’t need him and would only do the deal if they won it outright

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll