Jslongo Top 10 Teams Thread

Created by: TheCoontniac
Team: 2020-21 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 18, 2020
Published: Sep. 18, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/336699

Now that its close to the end of the playoffs, I thought id bring this up again. Follow the link ^

1.Boston - 298 points
2.St.Louis - 263 points
3.Tampa - 246 points
4.Colorado - 240 points
5.Pittsburgh - 180 points
6.Washington - 174 points
7.Philadelphia - 125 points
8.Vegas - 99 points
9.Carolina - 55 points
10.Toronto - 50 points
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
10$81,500,000$8,159,258$0$132,500$73,340,742
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$830,833$830,833
C
RFA - 4
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$759,258$759,258
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$741,667$741,667
LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$925,000$925,000
RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$716,667$716,667
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$725,000$725,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 18, 2020 at 10:30 a.m.
Canes Baby
Jeuck75 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 10:39 a.m.
Isles555
What’s the standard here cause the isles absolutely dominated multiple teams on this list and are no where to be seen
Jeuck75 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 10:44 a.m.
Canes Baby
Quoting: Isles555
What’s the standard here cause the isles absolutely dominated multiple teams on this list and are no where to be seen

follow the link
Sep. 18, 2020 at 10:45 a.m.

People voted for the best team(s) back in June in his thread https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/336699
That was the results and he bought them now to compare after the playoffs
TheWhiteWhale liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 10:46 a.m.
Bcarlo25

Cmon, we all know that was bubble smoke and mirrors. We knew this going in, a team could get hot in the bubble and really outperform expectations. It was the isles and Dallas, both beating multiple teams that are better than them.
TheCoontniac liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Cmon, we all know that was bubble smoke and mirrors. We knew this going in, a team could get hot in the bubble and really outperform expectations. It was the isles and Dallas, both beating multiple teams that are better than them.

Yes, the Dallas Stars caught the bubble puck luck knocking off the teams they went 4-0 (COL) and 1-1 (VEG) in the regular season. 8-4 (COL) and 6-3 (Veg) against throughout the 2019-2020 campaign.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
Isles555

Smoke and mirrors? As in 3 of the final 4 teams and 6 of the final 8 were round robins? FOH man I ain’t saying the isles are a top 3 team but Jesus Christ to say the bubble means nothing it’s just blatantly stupid
Sep. 18, 2020 at 11:11 a.m.
Isles555
Quoting: jslongo
follow the link

Quoting: bhavikp27
People voted for the best team(s) back in June in his thread https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/336699
That was the results and he bought them now to compare after the playoffs

Yup this makes sense appreciate it!
TheCoontniac liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 11:13 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Smoke and mirrors? As in 3 of the final 4 teams and 6 of the final 8 were round robins? FOH man I ain’t saying the isles are a top 3 team but Jesus Christ to say the bubble means nothing it’s just blatantly stupid

I would like you to find for me where i said the bubble means nothing. Good luck.

The islanders are not a top ten team in the NHL. They got hot at the right time. This can happen in any season, and them doing it now shows that they have another gear. The possibility of outperforming expectations always exists in hockey because of the randomness of the game, but it was paramount in the bubble. Hence why the islanders could beat an objectively better Philadelphia, and Dallas could beat Colorado, and vegas.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 11:20 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: EvanW
Yes, the Dallas Stars caught the bubble puck luck knocking off the teams they went 4-0 (COL) and 1-1 (VEG) in the regular season. 8-4 (COL) and 6-3 (Veg) against throughout the 2019-2020 campaign.

If you think Dallas is better than those teams over a large sample size, i can’t help you.
bhavikp27 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 11:50 a.m.

The better team doesn't always win in the playoffs and that is what is happening now. It's all about who's the best in that game/series.
TheCoontniac liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 12:18 p.m.
Isles555
I would like you to find for me where i said the bubble means nothing. Good luck.

The islanders are not a top ten team in the NHL. They got hot at the right time. This can happen in any season, and them doing it now shows that they have another gear. The possibility of outperforming expectations always exists in hockey because of the randomness of the game, but it was paramount in the bubble. Hence why the islanders could beat an objectively better Philadelphia, and Dallas could beat Colorado, and vegas.

They had a ~14 game win streak with the a slightly worse roster in November they are 100% a top 10 team in the NHL
Sep. 18, 2020 at 12:19 p.m.
Canes Baby
They had a ~14 game win streak with the a slightly worse roster in November they are 100% a top 10 team in the NHL

Every one of these teams on here has a better roster on paper than the Islanders
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 12:19 p.m.
Bcarlo25

Cool
Sep. 18, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.
The better team doesn't always win in the playoffs and that is what is happening now. It's all about who's the best in that game/series.

What happened in the regular season meetings? I forget the matchups only matter when they play on Mars.

If a team beats another when “it’s all about who’s the best..” then is A, the winning team or B the losing team, the better team?

Sorry your team lost.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 12:34 p.m.
Canes Baby
What happened in the regular season meetings? I forget the matchups only matter when they play on Mars.

If a team beats another when “it’s all about who’s the best..” then is A, the winning team or B the losing team, the better team?

Sorry your team lost.

At the end of the day it comes down to favourable matchups. This list is VERY accurate, when you look at the teams on paper.

A team like the Islanders are a great team, because they have SOME good players and the ENTIRE teams plays well together/has great chemistry.

You looks at a team like Carolina last year. Washington was the better team on paper, yet somehow the Canes reach the ECF.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 1:44 p.m.
At the end of the day it comes down to favourable matchups. This list is VERY accurate, when you look at the teams on paper.

A team like the Islanders are a great team, because they have SOME good players and the ENTIRE teams plays well together/has great chemistry.

You looks at a team like Carolina last year. Washington was the better team on paper, yet somehow the Canes reach the ECF.

I don’t have an issue with the list. It is natural and just for people to evaluate talent on paper before there is any data.

After 7/8 of a season, and a bubble situation in which every single team was subject to the same conditions, I would argue there is plenty of data to analyze.

When you are attempting to evaluate two different teams is it more efficient to do so “on paper,” or based on the data that was provided over multiple matchups between the two subject teams being compared?

If you ask any GM or player, is the team that is “better on paper” or the team that wins the head to head matchups over the course of 12 months the better team, what would the answer be?

If a team has (some) talent, great team chemistry, and plays well together, would that not be the definition of a good team? One that people strive to build and be apart of? If you have a good team on paper but have unfavorable matchups, are you really an elite team? If you are on paper, superior to an opponent but they dictate the entire way a game is played and beat you because of it, are you an elite team? A complete team is one that can play anyone, at any style, and come out on top.

This isn’t football, you have multiple times to demonstrate your ability against other teams of ability. At the end of the season, no matter how it gets done, the better team presents itself.

It is amazing that when presented a complete set of data, anyone can come to a conclusion that Dallas and Tampa are not the two “best teams” in hockey this season.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 2:32 p.m.
Canes Baby
I don’t have an issue with the list. It is natural and just for people to evaluate talent on paper before there is any data.

After 7/8 of a season, and a bubble situation in which every single team was subject to the same conditions, I would argue there is plenty of data to analyze.

When you are attempting to evaluate two different teams is it more efficient to do so “on paper,” or based on the data that was provided over multiple matchups between the two subject teams being compared?

If you ask any GM or player, is the team that is “better on paper” or the team that wins the head to head matchups over the course of 12 months the better team, what would the answer be?

If a team has (some) talent, great team chemistry, and plays well together, would that not be the definition of a good team? One that people strive to build and be apart of? If you have a good team on paper but have unfavorable matchups, are you really an elite team? If you are on paper, superior to an opponent but they dictate the entire way a game is played and beat you because of it, are you an elite team? A complete team is one that can play anyone, at any style, and come out on top.

This isn’t football, you have multiple times to demonstrate your ability against other teams of ability. At the end of the season, no matter how it gets done, the better team presents itself.

It is amazing that when presented a complete set of data, anyone can come to a conclusion that Dallas and Tampa are not the two “best teams” in hockey this season.

Honestly "Best" team seems to be very subjective. In sports when you have to deal with unplanned things, such as, 'weird' bounces, injuries, illness, mental state. There are so many factors when it comes to actually winning games.
EvanW liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 3:03 p.m.

Sorry your team lost.

VGK was better and Colorado was better than Dallas for most part of the season. They would have probably beat Dallas if they had their entire team; maybe not but likely. Dallas ended up being the better team in the playoffs.

You will tell me CBJ was the better team last year over TBL? In the series, yes. The entire season? No. That's my point.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 4:42 p.m.
Honestly "Best" team seems to be very subjective. In sports when you have to deal with unplanned things, such as, 'weird' bounces, injuries, illness, mental state. There are so many factors when it comes to actually winning games.

I completely agree. I know that unlike football (1 game) or even baseball (ace on the mound) it takes a complete team effort to win a hockey game / series.

I guess this is why I see the better team as the team who comes out of a head to head series (season and playoff combined) on top.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 4:58 p.m.
VGK was better and Colorado was better than Dallas for most part of the season. They would have probably beat Dallas if they had their entire team; maybe not but likely. Dallas ended up being the better team in the playoffs.

You will tell me CBJ was the better team last year over TBL? In the series, yes. The entire season? No. That's my point.

Yeah you failing to acknowledge Dallas swept Colorado in the regular season and beat them in 67% of matchups over a 12 month period is more an indictment on you than anything else. Dallas plays the “Vegas style” better than Vegas. So yeah I’d say Dallas is the better “team.”

The TB situation from last season is apples to oranges. TB crushed Columbus in the regular season. For whatever reason, they were thoroughly outplayed in the playoffs.

This is not the case in the Dallas situation, who over the course of 12 months went 8-4 against a better Colorado team and 5-3 against a better Vegas team.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 5:02 p.m.
Yeah you failing to acknowledge Dallas swept Colorado in the regular season and beat them in 67% of matchups over a 12 month period is more an indictment on you than anything else. Dallas plays the “Vegas style” better than Vegas. So yeah I’d say Dallas is the better “team.”

The TB situation from last season is apples to oranges. TB crushed Columbus in the regular season. For whatever reason, they were thoroughly outplayed in the playoffs.

This is not the case in the Dallas situation, who over the course of 12 months went 8-4 against a better Colorado team and 5-3 against a better Vegas team.

Detroit was 4-0 vs Montreal; are they better? Cool you beat that team 2-3-4 times but I'm talking about how you're doing against the entire league, not just that one team.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 6:51 p.m.
Detroit was 4-0 vs Montreal; are they better? Cool you beat that team 2-3-4 times but I'm talking about how you're doing against the entire league, not just that

It’s been a few years since I took math, but I’d be willing to wager 2,3,4 < 8/5.

Dallas beat a team 8 times combined in the regular season which does and or doesn’t matter, and the post season which certainly does not matter unless it does.

They also thoroughly beat a team 4-1 in the playoffs which would have mattered had it been the other way around, but it doesn’t since the team that won “was not the better team in the regular season which matters against all other teams but not in the case of head to head matchups with the two subject teams of comparison.”

I think I was able to mental gymnastics myself into your logic.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
It’s been a few years since I took math, but I’d be willing to wager 2,3,4 < 8/5.

Dallas beat a team 8 times combined in the regular season which does and or doesn’t matter, and the post season which certainly does not matter unless it does.

They also thoroughly beat a team 4-1 in the playoffs which would have mattered had it been the other way around, but it doesn’t since the team that won “was not the better team in the regular season which matters against all other teams but not in the case of head to head matchups with the two subject teams of comparison.”

I think I was able to mental gymnastics myself into your logic.

Who had the higher pts % in the regular season? Thank you.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 7:27 p.m.
Who had the higher pts % in the regular season? Thank you.

Man you are so salty your team lost.

If you want to believe a team that lost 8 out of 12 times to another team, is better than that other team I cannot help.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll