SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

I need TOR, MTL and MIN fans help

Sep. 18, 2020 at 2:36 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Edited Sep. 18, 2020 at 3:10 p.m.
What would a 3 way trade based around Dumba and Nylander going to MTL, Petry(immediately extended to a 3 year, 5,5 mil deal) 2020 1st (MTL) and Greenway going to TOR and Danault and Kerfoot going to MIN look like?

More picks and prospects WILL be involved going one way or another. The above is just the skeleton of the deal. I just want to know your thoughts on something like this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 2:39 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Sep. 18, 2020 at 2:40 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
I came up with this idea because I've seen a few Dumba to MTL, Danault to MIN and Willy out of TOR trades...
Sep. 18, 2020 at 3:08 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
I came up with this idea because I've seen a few Dumba to MTL, Danault to MIN and Willy out of TOR trades...

I’m not totally opposed to the idea. I think Toronto could score a bit more if were giving up Nylander and Kerfoot. Maybe a small piece like mete. Oh, and Petry would HAVE to come with an extension for Toronto to consider giving nylander for him.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 3:10 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I’m not totally opposed to the idea. I think Toronto could score a bit more if were giving up Nylander and Kerfoot. Maybe a small piece like mete. Oh, and Petry would HAVE to come with an extension for Toronto to consider giving nylander for him.

Right, I forgot to mention that thx for the reminder!
OutCold13 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
Hmmmmm, that is a good question. From Minnesota's POV, Danault would probably be immediately elevated over Johansson for our 1C spot. I like the idea but we definitely will have some issues. Bill Guerin seems committed to giving Rask a look at Center so we now we have TOO many centers (albeit low quality...but I haven't been able to say that before). So here's how we work around this:

1.) Since we have too many centers. We'll have to move Johansson/Bjugstad to wing...which we have too many of. So we have to either make a subsequent trade to offload some wings or we alter the current trade.
2.) If we add to the current trade, are there any wingers you or Toronto would be interested in?
3.) If we don't alter or make subsequent trades, would Toronto mind dropping Kerfoot and adding draft pick compensation instead?
4.) And my last point is if all the above doesn't work, maybe we look at goalie swaps next?

Just some ideas to make this feasible from our end.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 3:20 p.m.
Not a fan of nylander at all. I also don’t see Claude liking him. He scores goals which is nice and something we need, but I think moving danault and 16 could get you a different player than nylander. Plus not sure bergevin moves 16
Kotkaniemi15 and Remus liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 3:21 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: mnwild1790
Hmmmmm, that is a good question. From Minnesota's POV, Danault would probably be immediately elevated over Johansson for our 1C spot. I like the idea but we definitely will have some issues. Bill Guerin seems committed to giving Rask a look at Center so we now we have TOO many centers (albeit low quality...but I haven't been able to say that before). So here's how we work around this:

1.) Since we have too many centers. We'll have to move Johansson/Bjugstad to wing...which we have too many of. So we have to either make a subsequent trade to offload some wings or we alter the current trade.
2.) If we add to the current trade, are there any wingers you or Toronto would be interested in?
3.) If we don't alter or make subsequent trades, would Toronto mind dropping Kerfoot and adding draft pick compensation instead?
4.) And my last point is if all the above doesn't work, maybe we look at goalie swaps next?

Just some ideas to make this feasible from our end.

Thx for your feedback bud,

-I'll first address the first 3 points cause they're related. Ok, I'll get Kerfoot out. Does a 2021 2nd rounder make up for him not being a part of the deal?
-So basically, you DON'T get another C (Kerfoot) but you do get some W relief by moving Greenway.

As for the G, if the 3 way trade is feasible, how bout a Greenway vs Andersen swap?
Sep. 18, 2020 at 3:29 p.m.
MNBassman
Strictly evaluating this for value...with the Wild getting Danault and Kerfoot back for Dumba and Greenway...it’s pretty damm close! I would push for a 2nd, but settle for a 3rd added to the Wild’s spoils.
OutCold13 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Thx for your feedback bud,

-I'll first address the first 3 points cause they're related. Ok, I'll get Kerfoot out. Does a 2021 2nd rounder make up for him not being a part of the deal?
-So basically, you DON'T get another C (Kerfoot) but you do get some W relief by moving Greenway.

As for the G, if the 3 way trade is feasible, how bout a Greenway vs Andersen swap?

It's very possible. I think I remember Guerin saying he's not planning on buying out Dubnyk so that does complicate if we're not sending one out. Although, this would give Kakhonen another year development before he comes to the big leagues. So we could do a Andersen/Dubnyk platoon for a year and have Kakhonen/Stalock for the AHL. I would prefer to either trade Stalock in a subsequent deal or add him to this somehow. What do you think @MNBassman
MNBassman liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 4:17 p.m.
MNBassman
Quoting: mnwild1790
It's very possible. I think I remember Guerin saying he's not planning on buying out Dubnyk so that does complicate if we're not sending one out. Although, this would give Kakhonen another year development before he comes to the big leagues. So we could do a Andersen/Dubnyk platoon for a year and have Kakhonen/Stalock for the AHL. I would prefer to either trade Stalock in a subsequent deal or add him to this somehow. What do you think @MNBassman

I think Stalock and his tiny caphit make him a great trade chip/pot sweetener in a deal with any cap-strapped team.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 5:11 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
I think the trade works if Toronto gives up a 2nd to Minnesota and keeps Kerfoot.
MNBassman liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Petry would probably cost $1 to $2 million more than that on a 3 year contract. I don’t know how I feel about it, and it’s not happening because Petry isn’t getting traded. I’m not sure I want to give up a 1st to downgrade Danault. (Yes I know Dumba is younger than Petry, but I don’t know how much that affects the habs willingness to do this)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll