SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Final Mock no trade

Final Mock no trade

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: BuckoJoyde
Published: Sep. 18, 2020 at 4:25 p.m.
Description
I will follow up with results. No more adjustments. It is what it is.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-In the redraft I see him in the 3-5 range. Idk im just high on other players. But he's the clear #1 by far
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-I hope the kings pass on him honestly. All bias aside never pass on someone this young who's shown the same progession as any 1c in the nhl from the chl.
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksId honesty do this if QB is picked 2nd and if I liked Rossi that much. Being in the Sens shoes Id pick my guy 1st and then bpa at 5; yes, I know this is wacky. But, I wouldn't be shocked if this happened.
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-CP is defintiley in consideration for Yzer. But after sens pass on TS it doesnt matter.
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-JD should never pass 5th OA imo. IDC if you drafted RHD last year. Passing on JD would be like MR/CF 2.0 a big mistake to say the least
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-AAHHHHH i dont know how to feel about this pick. Reminds me of A Nylander a bit. But he is BPA so theres that.
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Lets stop talking about his skating. Its fine.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Should be a mid 1st but with BUF drafting high every year since 2013 and acquiring every position but a goalie or a sniper on the wing with those selections we are here. Hope this works out.
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-BPA; great pick. JS is a very close second here.
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Cant wait to read thoughts on this one.
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-Only chance of getting him if your NSH. Id pull the trigger. Might see a trade here with CAR
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-This is BPA and best case scenario for Florida. They wanted defense supposedly and they get it
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsBiased BPA; top 10 in the redraft
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Neutral BPA. Fits team needs too. Right?
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsIt makes sense but I hate this pick @15. This pick is the equivalent of being inside an echo chamber. Hot take: He will never play with MR. If im wrong ill put it my bio and explain how dumb I am. (Preseason doesnt count) Not saying he's a bust but I feel it will take 2-3 years till he's in the league and who knows what that blue line will look like.
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Y'all like it? Really was tempted to pick HL cause he's French and last I recalled the habs only pick French players.
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-want feedback here. A mix of bpa and need
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesWith 3 1st round picks id take the risk here
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-Playing it safe. Just forsee him this sweater.
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksNot BPA. Thats all I'll say.
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Im jelly of this selection. It will pay off.
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesOR Brisson
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Perfect pick for PHI to replace NP due to unfortunate injuries. not saying NP is done but DH will pick up the slack if needed.
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-So does COL always get lucky in the draft? Newhook last year and JJP this year; Biggest steal
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-A player I had as high as 21 somedays and low as 31 other days . Im just gonna leave him here and see what happens
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-Feedback please. Any player you want that goes after 25? I won't change my mock. Just like hearing how wrong I am.
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsNo RHD in the first round for a team that needs it desperately. But imo it would be a mistake to draft a rhd here. Its JD or bust for Anaheim in the 1st round
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersThey always reach on size. But, hey he might not be available here
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Bordeleau is a good player worth the 29th OA . Feedback please. Originally had Grans here
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-This is a decent consolation price for losing in the scf. But I do find MK overrated a lil 2nd pp/3rd line best
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningWith the 31st pick MTL selects....oh wait sorry its the Sharks. But hes French tho? thats why the HABS picked Claude Grioux in 06......wait you're telling me they picked a guy named David Fischer instead? wow!! News to me!!! sorry ive killed the joke that was never funny. However, you still see HL going to Mtl twice a day minimium. That ish needs to stop.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
32Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-So is Detroit making a dynasty or what? I love this pick. I mean I did hand them TS earlier so theres that
33Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Why 59th on cf?
34Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I like all Sj's picks so far
35Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-So LA does this just to say **** you to ANA
36Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-pls Dont take Topi N. Get a RHD next year in the draft after you trade some assets. Any big name RHD in the draft next year?
37Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the New Jersey DevilsIt is what it is
38Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-A beautiful fit.
39Logo of the Minnesota Wild-A player great at boring hockey for a boring hockey team. ok ok sorry its a joke. thoughts??
40Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I mean you can get a 2c in the 2nd round right? Feedback please.
41Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the New York Rangersother than goalie what does Car not have?
42Logo of the Nashville Predators-Great pick. So much value to be had.
43Logo of the Florida Panthers-lets hope he doesn't turn out like Lawson Crouse and not work out for them then find an identity elsewhere(kinda). Im rooting for y'all. Do something!!! Any panther fans here? Im seriously considering following the squad next year on like a part time deal. Yay or nay?
44Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-I know I know LHD. It will work out fine. Trust me.
45Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Edmonton Oilersbias alert/gut feeling
46Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBeing wrong is ok.
47Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-pretty biased here. Probably a 3rd rounder. I just feel MTL's youth movement needs size.
48Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
49Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
john Chayka is a goofball
Draft Pick Forfeited
50Logo of the Calgary Flames-Bias drop here. I dont know. Just like all the LHD before this pick much more
51Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksId like feedback here.
52Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
53Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-BPA in mind here
54Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Great addition.
55Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Colorado AvalancheHUUUUGGGEEEE SWINGGGG! probs a 3rd rounder
56Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsSpeaking of Center whats up with Joe Veleno?
57Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the St. Louis Blues
58Logo of the Boston Bruins-
59Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersSens 2nd round is a mess Im sorry.
60Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsAlmost put Tristan Robbins here. I just couldn't.
61Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Dallas StarsBPA
62Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-if it weren't for injuries he's in the top 50. He was injured right?
Sep. 18, 2020 at 4:47 p.m.
Really enjoyed this mock. Well done. I agree that the Kings shouldn't pass on QB, and I don't think they will.

For their next few picks, you asked for input. The only thing I have is that I don't see them waiting until the #60 to pick a winger. If they take a defenseman at #35 (which I'm not sure they will), I have to imagine they go with a winger at #51. Honestly, I think they go winger at #35 and defensemen at #51/60. Granted that all changes if they take Stutzle at 2. But Byfield's the pick there.
BuckoJoyde and OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 5:01 p.m.
Lost me around pick 16-17...

My two cents...
- Sanderson goes in top-7. Book it.
- Mercer could easily go that early, but am guessing late teens to mid-20s
- Perreault goes 16-18...Peterka just after that
- Bordeleau is mid-2nd rounder
- Lapierre could go anywhere from #11 to #41...
- Stranges falls to 3rd or 4th round
- Sam Colangelo should be late 1st (no panther fans here)
- Too early for Gushchin
- Torgersson and Chromiak both early 2nd
- Klevin and Mukhamadullin could both be candidates for late 1st
BuckoJoyde liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 5:05 p.m.
I'm a CBJ fan, and I'm pretty happy with Perreault if this is how the board shakes out at 21. Would also be happy with Holloway, Bourque, and (to a lesser extent) Mysak, unless one of Jarvis/Zary/Quinn/Amirov floats to us there.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 5:29 p.m.
Being wrong is ok
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Lost me around pick 16-17...

My two cents...
- Sanderson goes in top-7. Book it.
- Mercer could easily go that early, but am guessing late teens to mid-20s
- Perreault goes 16-18...Peterka just after that
- Bordeleau is mid-2nd rounder
- Lapierre could go anywhere from #11 to #41...
- Stranges falls to 3rd or 4th round
- Sam Colangelo should be late 1st (no panther fans here)
- Too early for Gushchin
- Torgersson and Chromiak both early 2nd
- Klevin and Mukhamadullin could both be candidates for late 1st

-oh that JS take is hot bro
-I guess I'm biased then DM is an easy mid teens selection for me
-I can def see Perreault go early; I just considered the 2019 draft where guys like him dropped(not exactly like him but scoring forwards nonetheless); However I didn't select enough dmen in the first round
-Healthy no injury Lappiere? Sure. Now? I cant see it. 22-43 is his range
-Cant argue with pov on Sam Colangelo. Where? Vegas? I see that
-gushin I see lot of potential; high floor
-Orginally had Torgersson at 45 but I see it; Chromaik his size is enticing. Just didn't want to have such a top heavy size 2nd round I guess.
-Thing about Mukhamadullin ive seen it. Not for me.

Quoting: benjgc
I'm a CBJ fan, and I'm pretty happy with Perreault if this is how the board shakes out at 21. Would also be happy with Holloway, Bourque, and (to a lesser extent) Mysak, unless one of Jarvis/Zary/Quinn/Amirov floats to us there.

Zary is the most possible imo. As for Mysak I find him high at 27 imo as a fan.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 5:32 p.m.
Quoting: BuckoJoyde
Zary is the most possible imo. As for Mysak I find him high at 27 imo as a fan.

I've seen Mysak everywhere from 13 to 35. Weird. And Zary is a perfect fit, between culture and style of play. I want him BAD.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 5:38 p.m.
Being wrong is ok
Quoting: benjgc
I've seen Mysak everywhere from 13 to 35. Weird. And Zary is a perfect fit, between culture and style of play. I want him BAD.

Ive seen 22-36? In a 2017 type draft class he's 13 to 21. Easy

I get the want in Zary but I personally prefer Perrault.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 5:39 p.m.
Ive seen 22-36? In a 2017 type draft class he's 13 to 21. Easy

I get the want in Zary but I personally prefer Perrault.

Perreault would also be a great fit with CBJ. I'd be thrilled with either.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 5:49 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
I am a big Jack Quinn fan but also I don't think the Jets would pass on Sanderson if Lundell isn't there
BuckoJoyde liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
Being wrong is ok
Quoting: bunzy1034
I am a big Jack Quinn fan but also I don't think the Jets would pass on Sanderson if Lundell isn't there

I always see feedback otherwise. But like considering how defensemen moved up last year I bet thats my mocks biggest downfall even with Rossi at 3tears of joy
bunzy1034 liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 6:11 p.m.
This the most reasonable thing I've seen written next to the Leafs pick in these mock drafts.
BuckoJoyde liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 6:21 p.m.
Being wrong is ok
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
This the most reasonable thing I've seen written next to the Leafs pick in these mock drafts.

originally had it has F*** THIS PICK or F*** This. I hate it. Hope im wrong or they trade down.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
originally had it has F*** THIS PICK or F*** This. I hate it. Hope im wrong or they trade down.

I hope so, too.
BuckoJoyde liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll