SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

These players Need more attention

These players Need more attention

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Howisjulienstillhere
Published: Sep. 18, 2020 at 8:19 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-This is the second Best player. He Is closer to lafrenière than stutzle is to By
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-I fell victim to the height but he is good. He reminds me of Suzuki.Not huge or a great skater but very smart And good puck skills
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksHuge talent, big,fast, great shot, good hands and vision
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Monster shot. Underrated passer
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Small but immense talent. Good shot and hands.
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Good talent, can score.My favourite part is how he constantly pressures the guy with the puck. He also hits a goo amount.
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Solid talent. Loves to play phy
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Good Vision, hands and shot. Great intensity along with talent.Never backs down.
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Big,fast, good shot
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Small but fast and great motor. Also high iq
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-Great shot and hands
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-Great shot like burns
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Sep. 18, 2020 at 8:33 p.m.
Agree with some more than others. Not sure about the Byfield take.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 8:38 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Agree with some more than others. Not sure about the Byfield take.

I just see a big, young fast and agile centre with great hands with good vision and a very good shot. He could easily be the best out of the draft in 5 years (and I love lafrenière) while I just can’t see stutzle being that. He’s also overhyped in my eyes(stutzle that is)
Sep. 18, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
I just see a big, young fast and agile centre with great hands with good vision and a very good shot. He could easily be the best out of the draft in 5 years (and I love lafrenière) while I just can’t see stutzle being that. He’s also overhyped in my eyes(stutzle that is)

I think the same about Byfield as you do about Stutzle. I think he will be a very good player, but I don't think he will live up to the hype he's getting.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 8:50 p.m.
I think the same about Byfield as you do about Stutzle. I think he will be a very good player, but I don't think he will live up to the hype he's getting.

Any reason?
Sep. 18, 2020 at 9:09 p.m.
Any reason?

Not gonna lie, part of it is gut feeling, but I do have legitimate things that make me think this. I think his skating is overrated because of his size. He's fast for a guy that's built like that, but overall nothing special in that aspect. He's good in a straight line, but his agility is lacking - and considering he produces a lot of his offence in transition, this concerns me (less opportunity for odd man rushes in the NHL). Doesn't use his body to his advantage; should be coachable but some players just aren't like that. He's very good at a lot of things, but there's nothing really to me that has that 'wow' factor with him. Again, I think he'll be a very good player (#1 C for sure), but I don't know that the gap between him and Stutzle will be very large, if it's there at all.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
Not gonna lie, part of it is gut feeling, but I do have legitimate things that make me think this. I think his skating is overrated because of his size. He's fast for a guy that's built like that, but overall nothing special in that aspect. He's good in a straight line, but his agility is lacking - and considering he produces a lot of his offence in transition, this concerns me (less opportunity for odd man rushes in the NHL). Doesn't use his body to his advantage; should be coachable but some players just aren't like that. He's very good at a lot of things, but there's nothing really to me that has that 'wow' factor with him. Again, I think he'll be a very good player (#1 C for sure), but I don't know that the gap between him and Stutzle will be very large, if it's there at all.

Cool,
To me he uses he size to protect the puck very well but he doesn’t hit. Stutzle scares me because of the fact that he plays a perimeter game which is difficult to do in the nhl. And if he’s your star, your mcdavid or Crosby or Matthews(as your a leafs fan) do you really want him to be a perimeter player. He also doesn’t have a great shot.
SlickWilly liked this.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 9:39 p.m.
Sam
I love Gushchin, there’s a lot of small guys in this class (Nybeck, Pashin, Simontaival etc.) Guschin is definitely the one from that group that I’d bet on.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 10:10 p.m.
Totally agree on Perreault. I've watched a good bit of Sarnia this year because of Rees (canes prospect) and Perreault's game definitely seems translatable to the NHL. If the canes were picking 20th I would be all over him. He's honestly top 15 for me, especially if a team needs a goal scorer. Imagine if he was on a good team like the 67's, he'd be toe and toe with J Quinn.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 10:27 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
A lot of people are sleeping on Perreault. If he can convince teams that his effort will be there in the future when playing, he has all the skills to be a star player in this league.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 10:29 p.m.
Cool,
To me he uses he size to protect the puck very well but he doesn’t hit. Stutzle scares me because of the fact that he plays a perimeter game which is difficult to do in the nhl. And if he’s your star, your mcdavid or Crosby or Matthews(as your a leafs fan) do you really want him to be a perimeter player. He also doesn’t have a great shot.

I disagree with the assessment of Stutzle being a perimeter player. He always seems to be directing the puck towards the middle of the ice whether that be through passes or by attacking the home plate area himself. He does play a strong game from the perimeter, but I don't think he's one-dimensional in that aspect at all.
Sep. 18, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
I disagree with the assessment of Stutzle being a perimeter player. He always seems to be directing the puck towards the middle of the ice whether that be through passes or by attacking the home plate area himself. He does play a strong game from the perimeter, but I don't think he's one-dimensional in that aspect at all.

Passes don’t count. Every time I watch him, he comes down the middle of the ice and skates to the outside and makes passes towards the middle or he starts on the outside and stays there. I’ve also heard several people call him a perimeter dominant player. He has tons of flash, with his hands and amazing skating which makes fans love him. I just find that too many times he keeps to the outside and tries to make a play rather than put his head down and get to the net with the puck like lafrenière
Sep. 18, 2020 at 11:10 p.m.
Quoting: canesfan3030
Totally agree on Perreault. I've watched a good bit of Sarnia this year because of Rees (canes prospect) and Perreault's game definitely seems translatable to the NHL. If the canes were picking 20th I would be all over him. He's honestly top 15 for me, especially if a team needs a goal scorer. Imagine if he was on a good team like the 67's, he'd be toe and toe with J Quinn.

Hoping Habs take him at 16
Sep. 19, 2020 at 1:02 a.m.
Ken Holland Hater
where are Marat and Ovchinikov
Sep. 19, 2020 at 1:18 a.m.
Quoting: Petey232323
where are Marat and Ovchinikov

People are talking about Marat enough for the player he is. I also like ovchinikov but as a talented 3 round option so I didn’t include him
Sep. 19, 2020 at 6:25 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Agreed on all except for Jarventie. Never been a big fan of his. Seems like a guy that gets buried in the minors and can never work his way out of the third line in the AHL
Sep. 19, 2020 at 7:48 a.m.
Fan of the OHL
Good comments - I believe Perreault will fall into picks 25-31 due to his skating and would love Bergevin to package something and move up after picking someone else at 16. I would add Alex Cotton and Pavel Gogolev to your list as late bloomers. Aliso like Daniel Torgesson and William Dufour
Sep. 19, 2020 at 8:45 a.m.
Passes don’t count. Every time I watch him, he comes down the middle of the ice and skates to the outside and makes passes towards the middle or he starts on the outside and stays there. I’ve also heard several people call him a perimeter dominant player. He has tons of flash, with his hands and amazing skating which makes fans love him. I just find that too many times he keeps to the outside and tries to make a play rather than put his head down and get to the net with the puck like lafrenière

I don't see why not, but regardless, he attacks the middle of the ice himself quite well at times.
Sep. 19, 2020 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: Leemer
Good comments - I believe Perreault will fall into picks 25-31 due to his skating and would love Bergevin to package something and move up after picking someone else at 16. I would add Alex Cotton and Pavel Gogolev to your list as late bloomers. Aliso like Daniel Torgesson and William Dufour

Perrault is a fantastic skater.he won fastest skater with and without puck and chl testing. I like the guys you mentioned but this was more my favourite players in round 1 or 2 that people are ranking way too low. Gogolev for example is one of my targets at the draft but not in the first two rounds
Leemer and bunzy1034 liked this.
Sep. 19, 2020 at 2:40 p.m.
Some good comments on here. I've been thinking about Guschin as a mid 2nd-early 3rd round steal since the import draft, theres a lotta talent there. Also on Byfield, I agree 100% . The only knock on his year was that he didnt perform well at the WJC but as one of the youngest players in the draft class, playing with players almost 3 years older then you is gonna be tough especially for the style he plays. The scoring is absolutely insane especially for a player not playing in the Q. Idk how you pass him up at 2.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll