Forums/Armchair-GM

A variety of trades id be okay with happening if my mock is solid

Created by: BuckoJoyde
Team: 2020-21 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 20, 2020
Published: Sep. 22, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
JD and MR are gone by 6. But the top 10 has so much variety that if you traded back and stayed in the top 10 you still get a good player.
Give me feedback.

Note:
Id like to make a trade with the jets however, y'all have nothing to make a reasonable trade. Its honestly a good problem to have.

Any other ideas?
Trades
ANA
  1. Addison, Calen
  2. 2020 1st round pick (MIN)
  3. 2021 2nd round pick (MIN)
Additional Details:
more or less?
MIN
  1. 2020 1st round pick (ANA)
ANA
  1. 2020 1st round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Jacob Perreault is available here.
NJD
  1. 2020 1st round pick (BOS)
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (ANA)
ANA
  1. Tomasino, Philip
  2. 2020 1st round pick (NSH)
Additional Details:
A lil ridiculous imo. I know.
NSH
    2020 ANA 1st
    least possible one
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the ANA
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    24$81,500,000$72,371,333$0$132,500$9,128,667
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $8,250,000$8,250,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $863,333$863,333
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    C, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,456,250$1,456,250
    LW, C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Nashville Predators
    $894,167$894,167
    LW, RW
    RFA - 4
    $2,463,139$2,463,139
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $2,800,000$2,800,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,450,000$1,450,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,133,333$1,133,333
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    $2,050,000$2,050,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $6,400,000$6,400,000
    G
    UFA - 7
    $2,602,778$2,602,778
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Minnesota Wild
    $795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    RD
    RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 10:25 p.m.
    KFTW
    I have a feeling y’all get Drysdale at 6
    DucksFan55 liked this.
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 10:29 p.m.
    Being wrong is ok
    Quoting: csick

no sens get him at 5 or they should. Just cause they drafted a rhd last year doesnt mean they should pass on him. JD has a much higher ceiling than any of those guys.
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 10:36 p.m.
    KFTW
    Quoting: BuckoJoyde
    no sens get him at 5 or they should. Just cause they drafted a rhd last year doesnt mean they should pass on him. JD has a much higher ceiling than any of those guys.

I see Ottawa going for Raymond at 5
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 10:42 p.m.
    Rather stay at 9 tbh
    TanSor liked this.
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 10:48 p.m.
    Being wrong is ok
    Quoting: C21
    Rather stay at 9 tbh

very fair. I have y'all getting Anton Lundell.

I see Ottawa going for Raymond at 5

That would be a mistake imo
    OldNYIfan and DucksFan55 liked this.
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 10:59 p.m.
    Emotionally in 2018
    Laf, Byfield/Stutzle, Perfetti, Raymond, and there's Drysdale for you at 6.
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 11:06 p.m.
    KFTW
    very fair. I have y'all getting Anton Lundell.

That would be a mistake imo

Def not. We need 2 forwards way more than another Dman. Next year is the year of the Dman to add another plus we can add one later in the 1st or early 2nd.
    brendenjakob liked this.
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 11:24 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    You know I'm an Anaheim guy, but that 2021 second is piggy.
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
    Being wrong is ok
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    You know I'm an Anaheim guy, but that 2021 second is piggy.

piggy?

Def not. We need 2 forwards way more than another Dman. Next year is the year of the Dman to add another plus we can add one later in the 1st or early 2nd.

2021 is defensemen deep then? Either way we'll see what happens. Im still in the belief of Sens picking Drysdale.
    Sep. 22, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
    I don’t think MIN or NSH does those trades. NJD probably would since they don’t have a 2nd.

Just take Sanderson if Drysdale not there. Higher ceiling anyway.
    Sep. 23, 2020 at 12:28 a.m.
    MIN definitely doesn't pull the Trigger on that.

We give you Dumba before we give you Addison. Guerin will pull the Trigger on that one all day long.

Dumba and 9th ova for 6th ova. Ducks likely add something to even it out, not sure what.
    DucksFan55 and OldNYIfan liked this.
    Sep. 23, 2020 at 12:45 a.m.
    Being wrong is ok
    Quoting: RazWild
    MIN definitely doesn't pull the Trigger on that.

We give you Dumba before we give you Addison. Guerin will pull the Trigger on that one all day long.

Dumba and 9th ova for 6th ova. Ducks likely add something to even it out, not sure what.

really??!?!!? I understand he's a great prospect but man y'all have to give some to get some you know? Ofc this is a fake scenario based on MIN really wanting 6 OA and it seems the fanbase doesnt care so theres that. But yea im passing on Dumba he's too old(yes I know he's 26 but he will be an ufa and does not provide longterm stability for our problem at RHD) Its just a crossroads. Oh well. Nothing you can do about it. Thanks for the input.
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Sep. 23, 2020 at 1:07 a.m.
    really??!?!!? I understand he's a great prospect but man y'all have to give some to get some you know? Ofc this is a fake scenario based on MIN really wanting 6 OA and it seems the fanbase doesnt care so theres that. But yea im passing on Dumba he's too old(yes I know he's 26 but he will be an ufa and does not provide longterm stability for our problem at RHD) Its just a crossroads. Oh well. Nothing you can do about it. Thanks for the input.

Dumba is under contract for 3 more years, he's no ufa rental. Unless we go a 4-4-1 route and protect 4 defenseman, we lose him to Seattle. As it currently stands we have to protect Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin because of full NMC's.

Addison is expansion draft exempt, a stud prospect and furthermore makes Dumba expendable as he's a viable replacement for him in a couple of years.

Therefore he holds more value to us because of it. We would be morons to move him over Dumba.

Anaheim's biggest need is for a mobile offensive defenseman who can hit. That's Dumba, and at 26 he'll still have plenty left in the tank once your done rebuilding. Let's be honest here, you guys are better off grabbing Dumba now via this trade over Drysdale and grabbing one of the many high-end defensive prospects in next years draft. Really that should be a no brainer for you guys.
    DucksFan55 and OldNYIfan liked this.
    Sep. 23, 2020 at 1:57 a.m.
    Being wrong is ok
    Dumba is under contract for 3 more years, he's no ufa rental. Unless we go a 4-4-1 route and protect 4 defenseman, we lose him to Seattle. As it currently stands we have to protect Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin because of full NMC's.

Addison is expansion draft exempt, a stud prospect and furthermore makes Dumba expendable as he's a viable replacement for him in a couple of years.

Therefore he holds more value to us because of it. We would be morons to move him over Dumba.

Anaheim's biggest need is for a mobile offensive defenseman who can hit. That's Dumba, and at 26 he'll still have plenty left in the tank once your done rebuilding. Let's be honest here, you guys are better off grabbing Dumba now via this trade over Drysdale and grabbing one of the many high-end defensive prospects in next years draft. Really that should be a no brainer for you guys.

I understand both points especially the one for Addison. But, we are no where NEAR ready to create a team ready to compete for a playoff spot. We need guys focus on our farmsystem. In 3 years of losing Dumba would likely to move on. Therefore, I cant agree with the statement "..... you guys are better off grabbing Dumba now via this trade over Drysdale and grabbing one of the many high-end defensive prospects in next years draft." Really? lastly, man dont say "no brainer". It isn't. The biggest thing ANA needs to do is acquire young players on RFA contracts and as I said focus on the farm system. Dumba is great and I love him as a player. He would fill our biggest need but how much would it cost us? as you said we need to add. Its just an unfortunate crossroad.

Just to clarify Im not claiming that JD would be better than MD. What I am saying is we need to focus on making a balance system in order to create a team for future seasons. Dumba is a short term solution(yes 3 years before becoming a ufa is short-term) and we have long term problems.
    Sep. 23, 2020 at 2:28 a.m.
    I understand both points especially the one for Addison. But, we are no where NEAR ready to create a team ready to compete for a playoff spot. We need guys focus on our farmsystem. In 3 years of losing Dumba would likely to move on. Therefore, I cant agree with the statement "..... you guys are better off grabbing Dumba now via this trade over Drysdale and grabbing one of the many high-end defensive prospects in next years draft." Really? lastly, man dont say "no brainer". It isn't. The biggest thing ANA needs to do is acquire young players on RFA contracts and as I said focus on the farm system. Dumba is great and I love him as a player. He would fill our biggest need but how much would it cost us? as you said we need to add. Its just an unfortunate crossroad.

Just to clarify Im not claiming that JD would be better than MD. What I am saying is we need to focus on making a balance system in order to create a team for future seasons. Dumba is a short term solution(yes 3 years before becoming a ufa is short-term) and we have long term problems.

How? Ducks have some of the best prospects in the league. Do you need more? Yes. Your only 2-3 years away from competing I would think. Zegras and Steel should be pushing to take over by then and your current prospects are likely making their impacts heard as well. It makes more sense to grab Dumba to help right the ship for now and grab one of Clarke, Edvinsson, Power, Lambos, or Hughes next year.

With the youth movement coming up and a couple high-end draft picks, I don't see any reason why Dumba wouldn't consider sticking around as the Ducks ready themselves to compete. He isn't like that, does he want to win, sure, what player doesn't, but Dumba is more about team first mentality than about himself.
    DucksFan55 liked this.
    Sep. 23, 2020 at 2:39 a.m.
    Being wrong is ok
    How? Ducks have some of the best prospects in the league. Do you need more? Yes. Your only 2-3 years away from competing I would think. Zegras and Steel should be pushing to take over by then and your current prospects are likely making their impacts heard as well. It makes more sense to grab Dumba to help right the ship for now and grab one of Clarke, Edvinsson, Power, Lambos, or Hughes next year.

With the youth movement coming up and a couple high-end draft picks, I don't see any reason why Dumba wouldn't consider sticking around as the Ducks ready themselves to compete. He isn't like that, does he want to win, sure, what player doesn't, but Dumba is more about team first mentality than about himself.

I believe that Dumba statement. He's awesome but you also have to consider output and aging its just not worth it for us as we didn't acquiring the best players to move forward. Steel regressed, no rhd defensemen and to many middle six forwards. We are years from making a team that could get in the playoffs and make it worthwhile. Lastly, I see Zegras being 3 years away from making that big impact needed. Sorry man you cant convince me om Dumba unless it was lower value.
    Sep. 23, 2020 at 8:41 a.m.
    Banned

Doubtful top NHL Execs and Scouts have said 100% that Yzerman is drafting Jamie Drysdale.
    Sep. 23, 2020 at 12:32 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    piggy?

I think Addison is enough to move from 6 to 9 if we can't draft Drysdale or Raymond.
    BuckoJoyde liked this.
    Sep. 23, 2020 at 12:38 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too

I'm with you here. I think that Anaheim is only 2 years away from contending. This season guys like Jones, Steel and Terry will start contributing. significantly. Djoos and Larsson and perhaps Mahura will start settling in to the left side of the defense. Two seasons from now (Seattle's first), Anaheim should contend for a playoff spot. By then Zegras and perhaps Tracey will be moving in. Three years from now the Ducks will surprise someone in the playoffs.
    BuckoJoyde liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll