SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/San Jose Sharks

Who will be the sharks "backup" goalie next season?

What goalie will be joining the sharks this offseason
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 23, 2020 at 2:10 a.m.
Really curious to know what we all think/hope for. I tried to include any possible answer
Sep. 23, 2020 at 2:36 a.m.
Edited Sep. 23, 2020 at 3:39 a.m.
Do you mean like who is most likely, or who would be the best fit?

Also I chose Greiss just because he seems like the most likely one here to be both almost 100% moving on from his team and affordable for us.
Sep. 23, 2020 at 6:35 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
I continuously go for Crow. He’s “older” but he’s already got cups so that negates the win now factor slightly (success is something most NHL players are driven by); so while cups may be “covered” he definitely still wants to win and still wants to play. If him and Wilson get on the same page Crow could se himself carrying the team and being challenged while still being on a competitive team. Not saying we’ll win a cup nor would crow believe that we could immediately win a cup with him but with him I believe we’d be above .500 and likely competing for wild card or 3rd Pacific
papishark liked this.
Sep. 23, 2020 at 8:48 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
I continuously go for Crow. He’s “older” but he’s already got cups so that negates the win now factor slightly (success is something most NHL players are driven by); so while cups may be “covered” he definitely still wants to win and still wants to play. If him and Wilson get on the same page Crow could se himself carrying the team and being challenged while still being on a competitive team. Not saying we’ll win a cup nor would crow believe that we could immediately win a cup with him but with him I believe we’d be above .500 and likely competing for wild card or 3rd Pacific

Crow is okay, but id be a little afraid to go into playoffs with him starting
Sep. 23, 2020 at 8:54 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: papishark
Crow is okay, but id be a little afraid to go into playoffs with him starting

He played great in the year but kinda struggled in the play-ins but he will be a short term solution, hopefully by next year we’ve got an identity, know which direction we need to go/ will be going. I think he’s better than expecting Khudobin to keep his high level going and overpaying him term wise or money wise. Out of the rest of who’s voted for I think Reimer is the best option
papishark and LoftyTealBlood liked this.
Sep. 23, 2020 at 8:55 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
He played great in the year but kinda struggled in the play-ins but he will be a short term solution, hopefully by next year we’ve got an identity, know which direction we need to go/ will be going. I think he’s better than expecting Khudobin to keep his high level going and overpaying him term wise or money wise. Out of the rest of who’s voted for I think Reimer is the best option

I also think Talbot could be a decent option, I liked his game this year much more.
FunMustBeAlways liked this.
Sep. 23, 2020 at 9:25 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: papishark
I also think Talbot could be a decent option, I liked his game this year much more.

I like the IDEA of talbot, but he played just 26 games. I still like this idea if we had a different goalie already (not jones). But his 26 games scare me as they make him look so appealing
Sep. 24, 2020 at 4:09 p.m.
LoftyTealBlood
Can I change my vote to Greiss? from Melnichuck?
papishark liked this.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 8:36 p.m.
Defence Baby
In my opinion for now:
Best fit: Kuemper. Most realistic: Greiss.

BUT I am really hyped about Melnichuk, he has played in KHL with great results. We will find out how he does in NA.
papishark liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit