SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

National Bluelines

Sep. 23, 2020 at 2:24 p.m.
I'm doubting the NHL goes to the 22 olympics in a post covid world. But if they did which team would have to best blueline?
Sep. 23, 2020 at 2:54 p.m.
torontos finest
The Athletic just ran an article with hypothetical Canada and US teams.

Canada had: Morrissey, Pietrangelo, Reilly, Makar, Theodore, Doughty, Chabot as their top 7.
US had: Werenski, Jones, Hughes, McAvoy, Slavin, Carlson and Suter and their top 7.

Sweden also has a good crop of blueliners in the NHL: Hedman, Dahlin, Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Klingberg and Brodin are all top quality with Brannstrom, Sandin, Boqvist and Bjornfort future candidates for top spots.

Would be one of those three countries.
Remus and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 4:18 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: mondo
The Athletic just ran an article with hypothetical Canada and US teams.

Canada had: Morrissey, Pietrangelo, Reilly, Makar, Theodore, Doughty, Chabot as their top 7.
US had: Werenski, Jones, Hughes, McAvoy, Slavin, Carlson and Suter and their top 7.

Sweden also has a good crop of blueliners in the NHL: Hedman, Dahlin, Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Klingberg and Brodin are all top quality with Brannstrom, Sandin, Boqvist and Bjornfort future candidates for top spots.

Would be one of those three countries.

If Erik Karlsson returns to form it would definitely be Sweden.

And also, while I know it probably wouldn’t have an effect on the outcome, I really hope Doughty won’t/wouldn’t be on the team.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 4:40 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
If Erik Karlsson returns to form it would definitely be Sweden.

And also, while I know it probably wouldn’t have an effect on the outcome, I really hope Doughty won’t/wouldn’t be on the team.

They could/should easily replace Doughty - Parayko, Hamilton, Letang (he will be kinda old though), Ellis, Pulock, plus guys like Bouchard, Merkley, Byram, and other prospects who may develop quickly in the next 2 years
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll