Forums/Armchair-GM

Based off Colorado ACGM

Created by: Hidalgo
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 23, 2020
Published: Sep. 23, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Nylander trade is based off a Colorado ACGM, which makes a lot of sense for both teams.

If Timmins isn't NHL ready you can slot Lehtonen there on the right side with Dermott.

Re: Pietrangelo, some people might say he costs more, but thats what STL offered and he reportedly wants money in bonuses. Toronto can give him whatever he wants in bonuses, so if he costs much more than 8x7 I say you look elsewhere.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
2$1,300,000
2$1,700,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$8,000,000
1$750,000
1$900,000
3$2,000,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Bowers, Shane
  2. Nichushkin, Valeri [RFA Rights]
  3. Timmins, Conor
  4. 2020 1st round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Nylander, William
  2. 2020 4th round pick (VGK)
TOR
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (FLA)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$81,264,917$0$0$235,083
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 23, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
Banned
that is one of the worst nylander trades i have seen yet
Sep. 23, 2020 at 2:52 p.m.
Hidalgo
Quoting: MakeMarnerACentre
that is one of the worst nylander trades i have seen yet

For who? If you mean Toronto I think we’re getting to the point of overvaluing him. Timmins Bowers and a 1st are three really good pieces, and also creates room for Pietro
Sep. 23, 2020 at 2:55 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Hidalgo
For who? If you mean Toronto I think we’re getting to the point of overvaluing him. Timmins Bowers and a 1st are three really good pieces, and also creates room for Pietro

you dont flip nylander to sign petro, you flip kerfoot and johnsson and to suggest otherwise would be stupid. and i can think of 20 more packages i would take > timmins and a 1st. bowers hasnt even cracked the nhl and has barely produced at a high level in the AHL. the only player i would take from colorado in a package for Nylander is Girard, i dont want anything less
Sep. 23, 2020 at 3:34 p.m.
rcazz
you dont flip nylander to sign petro, you flip kerfoot and johnsson and to suggest otherwise would be stupid. and i can think of 20 more packages i would take > timmins and a 1st. bowers hasnt even cracked the nhl and has barely produced at a high level in the AHL. the only player i would take from colorado in a package for Nylander is Girard, i dont want anything less

I often chose not to trade Nylander but this proposal is the most legitimate fair deal i’ve seen. Timmins looks like he could be play top 6 maybe even top 4 mins if he takes a step this season, Bowers production was based off a rookie AHL season and will continue to develop as a top 6-9 FW prospect, the late 1st gives you a trade chip to add or upgrade the lineup and lastly the cap space allows you to either sign pietro/another FA dman or afford another dman without retaining salary in a trade. Nichuskin doesn’t really matter much but would add size and goal scoring ability on a 2nd or 3rd line.

If you can name 20 more packages better than that please let me know.
Sep. 23, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: rcazz
I often chose not to trade Nylander but this proposal is the most legitimate fair deal i’ve seen. Timmins looks like he could be play top 6 maybe even top 4 mins if he takes a step this season, Bowers production was based off a rookie AHL season and will continue to develop as a top 6-9 FW prospect, the late 1st gives you a trade chip to add or upgrade the lineup and lastly the cap space allows you to either sign pietro/another FA dman or afford another dman without retaining salary in a trade. Nichuskin doesn’t really matter much but would add size and goal scoring ability on a 2nd or 3rd line.

If you can name 20 more packages better than that please let me know.

interesting logic on your behalf, why would nylander be traded for futures just to sign pietrangelo? by signing pietrangelo would they not be saying "were going for it" so why would they trade nylander for something that doesn't immediately make them better? you also conveniently dodged the fact that they could trade johnsson and kerfoot and accumulate the same amount of cap space to allocate towards pietrangelo, and if they wanted they could flip nylander for someone who makes them better AND sign pietrangelo. trading him for a potential #4 Dman, a potential top 9 forward and a late first would be incredibly stupid
Sep. 23, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.
Hidalgo
interesting logic on your behalf, why would nylander be traded for futures just to sign pietrangelo? by signing pietrangelo would they not be saying "were going for it" so why would they trade nylander for something that doesn't immediately make them better? you also conveniently dodged the fact that they could trade johnsson and kerfoot and accumulate the same amount of cap space to allocate towards pietrangelo, and if they wanted they could flip nylander for someone who makes them better AND sign pietrangelo. trading him for a potential #4 Dman, a potential top 9 forward and a late first would be incredibly stupid

Trading just Johnsson and Kerfoot gets you next to no return and destroys your forward depth. Trading Nylander probably gets you a haul back and allows you to keep a way stronger bottom 6. It’s not just about clearing 6.9 mil, it’s about what you’re getting back too and I’d personally rather have Timmins, a 1st, Bowers, Nichuskin, Kerfoot, and Johnsson than Nylander and two 3rds. But maybe that’s just me
Sep. 23, 2020 at 3:53 p.m.
Banned
Trading just Johnsson and Kerfoot gets you next to no return and destroys your forward depth. Trading Nylander probably gets you a haul back and allows you to keep a way stronger bottom 6. It’s not just about clearing 6.9 mil, it’s about what you’re getting back too and I’d personally rather have Timmins, a 1st, Bowers, Nichuskin, Kerfoot, and Johnsson than Nylander and two 3rds. But maybe that’s just me

how does it destroy the forward group? they have Matthews,Tavares,Nylander,Marner,Robertson,Mikheyev,Hyman,Barabanov,Engvall, and potentially Hallander who dubas has hinted towards making the team. Kerfoots and Johnssons are replaceable. I would rather have Nylander and Pietrangelo rather than Kerfoot Johnsson, Timmins, Nichuskin, Bowers and a 1st. your argument is really interesting to me.
Sep. 23, 2020 at 3:57 p.m.
Banned

the leafs literally dont need futures, they are playing to win lmfao. trading nylander to accumulate futures to sign pietrangelo would be taking a step forward just to take a step back. they arent trading nylander unless they get something that makes them a better team, thats already been said by management
Sep. 23, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
rcazz
the leafs literally dont need futures, they are playing to win lmfao. trading nylander to accumulate futures to sign pietrangelo would be taking a step forward just to take a step back. they arent trading nylander unless they get something that makes them a better team, thats already been said by management

Listen I’m not encouraging for this to happen, as i mentioned i want Nylander and don’t think he’ll be moved. I just think you were being unreasonable in even considering a move like this. I think we’re all in the same boat using this as hypothetical tool as fans to pass time during yet another long playoffs without the leafs lol..
Sep. 23, 2020 at 4:17 p.m.
Cooper
I'd much rather sign Matt Martin than Wayne Simmonds , Simmonds looks like a shadow of his former self
Sep. 23, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.

Haha so bad, girard isnt available...

Also you move nylander for Pietro because it's a 1 for 1.. you move a kerfoot and johnsson for Pietro you still need to sign another forward...money for money... also nobody is going to want johnsson and kerfoot for no money back
Sep. 23, 2020 at 7:48 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: JeffW
Haha so bad, girard isnt available...

Also you move nylander for Pietro because it's a 1 for 1.. you move a kerfoot and johnsson for Pietro you still need to sign another forward...money for money... also nobody is going to want johnsson and kerfoot for no money back

nylander for pietro isnt a 1 for 1 and if it was it would be a god awful 1 for 1. youre laughing cause girard isnt available, neither is nylander but if a team offered a player that made them better for nylander, anyone would consider it same goes for any player
Sep. 23, 2020 at 8:48 p.m.
nylander for pietro isnt a 1 for 1 and if it was it would be a god awful 1 for 1. youre laughing cause girard isnt available, neither is nylander but if a team offered a player that made them better for nylander, anyone would consider it same goes for any player

Nylander is 100% available my friend..

You said moving nylander in an effort to sign pietro, which is in a sense 1 for 1
Sep. 23, 2020 at 11:45 p.m.
Banned
Nylander is 100% available my friend..

You said moving nylander in an effort to sign pietro, which is in a sense 1 for 1

the leafs wouldnt even consider moving him to sign petro unless they get a player that is more valuable to them then nylander, which in colorados sake would be girard, no girard no nylander, pretty simple concept
Sep. 24, 2020 at 12:58 p.m.
the leafs wouldnt even consider moving him to sign petro unless they get a player that is more valuable to them then nylander, which in colorados sake would be girard, no girard no nylander, pretty simple concept

I dont think you're grasping the concept.. nylander is on the trading block as a moveable piece because hes 4th best out of all the biggest contracts.. not saying to colorado specifically because I dont want him and I dont think joe does either...

They are talking about moving nylander for a defenseman now if they decide to try and sign Pietro then the money has to come from a nylander to wherever trade which could end up be prospects and picks with a low paid roster player on top
Sep. 24, 2020 at 2:04 p.m.
Banned
I dont think you're grasping the concept.. nylander is on the trading block as a moveable piece because hes 4th best out of all the biggest contracts.. not saying to colorado specifically because I dont want him and I dont think joe does either...

They are talking about moving nylander for a defenseman now if they decide to try and sign Pietro then the money has to come from a nylander to wherever trade which could end up be prospects and picks with a low paid roster player on top

the money comes from a kerfoot and johnsson you absolute moron, the only way they would move nylander is for a top pairing D, and no theyre not going to move nylander to sign petro, theres a million other ways to manipulate the cap. why are people like you so set and stone on this. and no nylander isnt the 4th best, hes arguably the second best out of the big 4
Sep. 24, 2020 at 2:36 p.m.
Hidalgo
the money comes from a kerfoot and johnsson you absolute moron, the only way they would move nylander is for a top pairing D, and no theyre not going to move nylander to sign petro, theres a million other ways to manipulate the cap. why are people like you so set and stone on this. and no nylander isnt the 4th best, hes arguably the second best out of the big 4

Why are you getting so upset over a hypothetical trade lol chill
JeffW liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 5:36 p.m.

Yes nylander is better than tavares and marner and I'm the moron... happy trails fella, cant wait for the leafs to miss the playoffs again because nobody wants to take their crappy middle 6 forwards when every team needs to move better players in order to get cap space or fit internal cap structures
Sep. 26, 2020 at 6:47 p.m.
Banned
Yes nylander is better than tavares and marner and I'm the moron... happy trails fella, cant wait for the leafs to miss the playoffs again because nobody wants to take their crappy middle 6 forwards when every team needs to move better players in order to get cap space or fit internal cap structures

LOLLLOLOLOl

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll