SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Askarov to Carolina

Would the Hurricanes pick Askarov?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 23, 2020 at 6:52 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
So it seems like almost everyone is picking Askarov to go to CAR at 13th this year, similar to Spencer Knight to FLA last year. Although I think there’s one thing that people are overlooking, which is the fact that Tom Dundon exists.

He’s quoted as saying:
“We won't be drafting defence in the first round as long as I’m here. I’ve got to have more offense, I want to lose five to four, not two to one. If we lose five to four, at least I’ll have fun”.

While I think that Askarov would absolutely be the right pick for the Canes, if he’s unwilling to ever draft a defenseman in the first round, you would think that he would never entertain drafting a goalie, since they provide no offense whatsoever.
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 8:37 a.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So it seems like almost everyone is picking Askarov to go to CAR at 13th this year, similar to Spencer Knight to FLA last year. Although I think there’s one thing that people are overlooking, which is the fact that Tom Dundon exists.

He’s quoted as saying:
“We won't be drafting defence in the first round as long as I’m here. I’ve got to have more offense, I want to lose five to four, not two to one. If we lose five to four, at least I’ll have fun”.

While I think that Askarov would absolutely be the right pick for the Canes, if he’s unwilling to ever draft a defenseman in the first round, you would think that he would never entertain drafting a goalie, **since they provide no offense whatsoever**.

Ahem Mike Smith and Pekka Rinne disagree
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit