Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$76,775,475$0$4,140,000$4,724,525
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$950,000$950,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 23, 2020 at 11:53 p.m.
With Domi's contract situation and the remaining players not filling any needs for Winnipeg, the Jets say no.
jgimp69 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 7:45 a.m.
Habs 2010
Quoting: Windjammer
With Domi's contract situation and the remaining players not filling any needs for Winnipeg, the Jets say no.

With Domi's contract situation, what you mean being a controlled asset as an RFA for two more years? Or do you prefer trading for guys like Statsny and Hayes at the deadline and losing them for nothing?

And Drouin replaces Ehlers, so if Ehlers was traded that fills a need.

Kulak can play top 4 LD, that also fills a need.

So what are you talking about.

Lastly Domi for Ehlers straight up is equal value, just look at their track record over their NHL career... identical numbers, but one of them can play C, and everyone knows C is a more valuable position. The Jets of all teams should know that, after Scheifele they have nobody.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 10:01 a.m.
Quoting: Shanesaw9
With Domi's contract situation, what you mean being a controlled asset as an RFA for two more years? Or do you prefer trading for guys like Statsny and Hayes at the deadline and losing them for nothing?

And Drouin replaces Ehlers, so if Ehlers was traded that fills a need.

Kulak can play top 4 LD, that also fills a need.

So what are you talking about.

Lastly Domi for Ehlers straight up is equal value, just look at their track record over their NHL career... identical numbers, but one of them can play C, and everyone knows C is a more valuable position. The Jets of all teams should know that, after Scheifele they have nobody.

Domi's contract situation is that he has changed agents and now has one that specializes in getting his clients overpaid on long term deals or forcing their way to UFA in 2 years through arbitration, drastically lowering his value. So, without a long term deal, Winnipeg has no interest.

Drouin does not replace Ehlers on the wing. Drouin only shows up once every 4 or 5 games and is an entitled head case. He's Montreal's problem. You're stuck with him.

Kulak might be able to play top 4 in an injury situation, but he's a 5/6 defenseman and easy to find for free, so worthless.

Centers should have an advantage in value over wingers because they are better able to drive the play from center than a winger can. In this case though, Ehlers is a far better play driver than Domi, so Domi loses that advantage making Ehlers worth more than Domi easily.

So, this deal does nothing for Winnipeg. The Jets get a downgrade from Ehlers to Domi and are stuck with 2 players (Drouin and Kulak) they have no need or desire for. It's still a no from Winnipeg.
WheEhlers liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:22 a.m.
Habs 2010
Domi's contract situation is that he has changed agents and now has one that specializes in getting his clients overpaid on long term deals or forcing their way to UFA in 2 years through arbitration, drastically lowering his value. So, without a long term deal, Winnipeg has no interest.

Drouin does not replace Ehlers on the wing. Drouin only shows up once every 4 or 5 games and is an entitled head case. He's Montreal's problem. You're stuck with him.

Kulak might be able to play top 4 in an injury situation, but he's a 5/6 defenseman and easy to find for free, so worthless.

Centers should have an advantage in value over wingers because they are better able to drive the play from center than a winger can. In this case though, Ehlers is a far better play driver than Domi, so Domi loses that advantage making Ehlers worth more than Domi easily.

So, this deal does nothing for Winnipeg. The Jets get a downgrade from Ehlers to Domi and are stuck with 2 players (Drouin and Kulak) they have no need or desire for. It's still a no from Winnipeg.

You're reading way too much in to this. Domi's change in agents likely has more to do with Brisson being a long time friend of Bergevin's. His new agent got Marner a lot of money, but that because Dubas doesn't know how to negotiate. Obviously WPG would sign Domi to a long term deal and finally fix their center issue.

In the context of this trade you said "the remaining players do not fill any needs", so when I said Drouin replaces Ehlers I was referring to WPG needing a top 6 winger after trading Ehlers, in which case Drouin obviously fills a need. And what do you mean "stuck with Drouin"? He was tied for our scoring lead in playoffs after missing most of the season with an injury. In 33 playoff games he has 21 pts. How has Ehlers done again? 9 pts in 25 games? OK, real winner that guy is.

Kulak also played a top 4 role for MTL in playoffs and there were games he was their best player on the ice. His issue is consistency, but he is paid $1.85M and at worst a 3rd pairing D. Thats more valuable than Niku.

I have no interest whatsoever in bringing Ehlers to MTL, but I'm shocked you would say no to a trade that has;

Top 6 Wing
Depth D

For

Top 6 C
Top 6 Wing
2nd / 3rd pair D

Looks pretty bad when you actually look at it objectively doesn't it?
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:28 a.m.
You're reading way too much in to this. Domi's change in agents likely has more to do with Brisson being a long time friend of Bergevin's. His new agent got Marner a lot of money, but that because Dubas doesn't know how to negotiate. Obviously WPG would sign Domi to a long term deal and finally fix their center issue.

In the context of this trade you said "the remaining players do not fill any needs", so when I said Drouin replaces Ehlers I was referring to WPG needing a top 6 winger after trading Ehlers, in which case Drouin obviously fills a need. And what do you mean "stuck with Drouin"? He was tied for our scoring lead in playoffs after missing most of the season with an injury. In 33 playoff games he has 21 pts. How has Ehlers done again? 9 pts in 25 games? OK, real winner that guy is.

Kulak also played a top 4 role for MTL in playoffs and there were games he was their best player on the ice. His issue is consistency, but he is paid $1.85M and at worst a 3rd pairing D. Thats more valuable than Niku.

I have no interest whatsoever in bringing Ehlers to MTL, but I'm shocked you would say no to a trade that has;

Top 6 Wing
Depth D

For

Top 6 C
Top 6 Wing
2nd / 3rd pair D

Looks pretty bad when you actually look at it objectively doesn't it?

When it doesn't fill needs for the Jets, it doesn't fill needs and makes the deal one that can be turned down. Jets fans would much rather have Ehlers for 5 more years than Domi for any contact length.
WheEhlers liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Habs 2010
When it doesn't fill needs for the Jets, it doesn't fill needs and makes the deal one that can be turned down. Jets fans would much rather have Ehlers for 5 more years than Domi for any contact length.

So top 6 C isn't a need for the Jets? News to me.

What about defenseman? Also news to me.

I thought the Jets weren't trading a winger because then it would create another hole, oh wait, a top 6 winger is coming back in this deal too.

Wow, check check check, all in one trade. How does this deal not fill needs?

This is all a moot point, Bergevin would never do this awful trade anyways. I want MTL to resign Domi to 8 yrs, so if he is good enough for Montreal, who have Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, and Danault for top 6 options at C, how is he not good enough for WPG who only has Scheifele?
Sep. 24, 2020 at 1:23 p.m.
So top 6 C isn't a need for the Jets? News to me.

What about defenseman? Also news to me.

I thought the Jets weren't trading a winger because then it would create another hole, oh wait, a top 6 winger is coming back in this deal too.

Wow, check check check, all in one trade. How does this deal not fill needs?

This is all a moot point, Bergevin would never do this awful trade anyways. I want MTL to resign Domi to 8 yrs, so if he is good enough for Montreal, who have Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, and Danault for top 6 options at C, how is he not good enough for WPG who only has Scheifele?

You just have to let it go. Bottom pairing defenseman aren't a need for anyone. They are easily obtainable and have no value.

Domi and Drouin aren't good enough to get you Ehlers. The fact that Domi was pushed to the 4th line by 2 rookies, shows you how Montreal values him. Sorry.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll