Forums/NHL Trades

(PIT/FLA) - Hörnqvist for Matheson, Sceviour

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:21 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: mhockey91
Man people love to hate the penguins. Matheson struggled in Florida and especially under coach Q, but he can skate well and move the puck and has a great shot. He could be a really good fit in Pittsburgh paired with Marino whose very steady defensively. It’s a high risk high reward trade sure cause of the length of contract, but if Matheson can find his game in pit, he’ll be a good top 4 D for us

If u dont think PIT won this trade, U shouldnt be on this site, U kno? LOL, These ppl on here are funny.

A 34yr old winger that we all thought we would have to pay to get rid of & GMJR turn him into a 26yr old Top 4 guy

Like seriously How dumb are ppl to think we lost this deal?
Bc of the length of contract ?? Who cares we are in the Next 2-3 yrs only ... like I dont care if his contract is for 13yrs.
mhockey91 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:24 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: MaxDomi13
Easily FLA. Matheson's contract is too long

But we dont care about anything after next 3yrs, so Pens fans dont care if its a 20yr deal.

A 34yr old beat up winger that was going to be a 4th liner that maybe plays 50 gms if ur lucky for a 26yr old Top 4 LHD-man??
mhockey91 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:26 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: moli92
They are both bad contracts but at least Hornqvist is a useful player right now. Another bad trade by JR

LMFAO

A 34 yr old beat up 4th line winger that maybe plays 50gms for a 26 yr old Top 4 LHDman
Brian2016 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:28 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: justaBoss
LMAO it actually went through... Amazing job from Zito.

LMFDO

A 34yr old beat up 4th line winger for a 26yr old Top 4 LHD-man

my god the fools on this site
Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.
Quoting: Sidstick87
If u dont think PIT won this trade, U shouldnt be on this site, U kno? LOL, These ppl on here are funny.

A 34yr old winger that we all thought we would have to pay to get rid of & GMJR turn him into a 26yr old Top 4 guy

Like seriously How dumb are ppl to think we lost this deal?
Bc of the length of contract ?? Who cares we are in the Next 2-3 yrs only ... like I dont care if his contract is for 13yrs.

if matheson can be a good top 4 D for us for even just the first 2 years of the 6 (when malkin/letang are still under contract), then it was a great trade for pit. lets hope for a bounce back
Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:31 p.m.
Hockey God Genius
Quoting: Capitalfail67
unfortunately no room in the top 4 for him.... Dumo Letang Pettersson Marion. Just seems like a risk that they didnt need to take. i would understand if it was for a position of need but to risk a good consistent RW for a struggling LHD seems like a terrible idea. Horny is a 50 point 25 + goal guy.

Horny is done, Everyone thought we would have to pay to get out of contract - He is a 34yr old 4th liner that if lucky u get 50 gms out of.

This is a HUGE win for Pens - now we need to move JJ or have someone abduct him, lol
mhockey91 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
What in tarnation
LMFDO

I mean Matheson might be TOP4 LHD...in AHL.
Kotkaniemi15, jpsnow13, Trickster and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Horny is done, Everyone thought we would have to pay to get out of contract - He is a 34yr old 4th liner that if lucky u get 50 gms out of.

This is a HUGE win for Pens - now we need to move JJ or have someone abduct him, lol

Woah there...it looks like you finally got the chance to talk trash about Horny because he isn’t on the Pens anymore. Nobody thought that you had to pay, he is a tough, hardworking guy who is a leader in the room and can still put up points. He’s the perfect guy for the fledgling Panthers,

Sceviour being included makes no sense to me. Why not just sign a guy in free agency for 700,000?

Matheson is the main pick up in this trade. A young Dman who lost some of his potential put still projects as a decent top four D who will flourish under the Wings off Letang, Dumoulin, etc. I think both teams got what was needed out of this trade,
mhockey91 and Capitalfail67 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:47 p.m.
LMFAO

A 34 yr old beat up 4th line winger that maybe plays 50gms for a 26 yr old Top 4 LHDman

Hornqvist hasnt played less than 50 games since the lockout shortened season but ok

Not sure how you justify Matheson as a top 4 D when he was 6th in TOI among D men on the 3rd worst defensive team in the league
Kotkaniemi15, justaBoss, Remus and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 9:47 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
LMFDO

No one’s arguing with you about Hornqvist’s value. But I think you’re greatly overrating Matheson. He isn’t a Top 4 defenseman by any stretch of the imagination. While Matheson might pick up his game at some point in the future (I doubt it), there’s no doubt that right now, Hornqvist is the better player.

Edit: Also, you’re just trashing on Hornqvist because he’s no longer on your team. As I’m sure you’re aware, he scored 17 goals last year.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 10:01 p.m.
You know nothing JS

YOU ARE GOING TO PAY $32M IN THE NEXT 6 YEARS FOR A THIRD PAIRING GUY! It's a double capdump, and FLO unloaded double the money.
HabsForEver liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 10:05 p.m.
2016 And 2017 Jim Rutherford could do no wrong in the trade market. Since then: Well I was gonna list all the trades but the list is exhaustive. Suffice to say, it's been a rough 3 years for PIT.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 10:11 p.m.
LMFAO

Hornqvist coulda been disposed of in a number of different ways. Matheson is almost certainly gonna be a Penguin for at least the next 5 years. The downside with Matheson is higher, in my opinion. It's a risk/reward trade for the Pens that could pay off big time if MM fits in well as a top 4 D. The more I think about it, given where the Pens are as a franchise, this is probably a worthwhile trade.
mhockey91 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:29 p.m.
AwesomeMatthews
Jim Rutherford trying to get himself fired so he can jump onto another team on its way up win it them a Stanley Cup them proceed to make horrible move after horrible move until he gets fired again and the cycle begins all over again he's like a locust.
Trickster liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
SEA GM v5
I'm gonna trust GMJR on this one, hopefully he ends up moving Johnson because of it and I'll be happy.
mhockey91 liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
They’re gonna probably trade one of petterson or dumo. They gotta role the dice with Matheson in the top 4 now. Unless they miraculously move JJ and run Petterson on the bottom pair

can petterson play his offside?
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:35 p.m.
LETS GO PREDS
Crack cocaine is a hell of a drug. One Jim Rutherford is most likely on.
Trickster liked this.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:35 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
can petterson play his offside?

he really hasn't in Pittsburgh
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:46 p.m.
he really hasn't in Pittsburgh

kk

I think with Matheson coming in I think Petterson is safe as he signed a very good contract. I honestly have 2 names Domelin and Letang as the guys GMJR may try to move next

Letangs comments about thinking hes gonna get traded are still stuck in my head as maybe thats GMJR's next move and through all the recent news im starting to see Letang being the next guy to go

If he moves out Letang the idea of Tanev (vancouver) comes into play as pittsburgh is apparently heavily interested in him

We will have to wait and see but based on everything thats happened I think Letang could be gone. But still lets say he is traded a dcore looking like

Domoulin-Tanev
Petterson-Marino
Matheson-Jusso/Ruhwel/JJ
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:41 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Matheson is really bad, I dont get this trade.
The last time he was even decent 3 years ago.

Big time L for Pittsburgh in yet another trade.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:42 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
Matheson is really bad, I dont get this trade.
The last time he was even decent 3 years ago.

Big time L for Pittsburgh in yet another trade.

cant wait till he rebounds in Pittsburgh like Schultz and Daley did. all similar players in similar situations. matheson will be a solid fit
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:45 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
cant wait till he rebounds in Pittsburgh like Schultz and Daley did. all similar players in similar situations. matheson will be a solid fit

Shultz I had faith in as the guy looked lost. And Pittsburgh needed that offensive dman for their pp and he was a good fit. Matheson concerns me as his descision making is just bad. He reminds me of Ceci+JJ and in the play-in round he was so bad they had to bench and throw his ass in the press box. Will have to wait and see.
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:45 p.m.
kk

I think with Matheson coming in I think Petterson is safe as he signed a very good contract. I honestly have 2 names Domelin and Letang as the guys GMJR may try to move next

Letangs comments about potentially getting traded are still stuck in my head as maybe thats GMJR's next move and through all the recent news im starting to see Letang being the next guy to go

If he moves out Letang the idea of Tanev comes into play as pittsburgh is apparently heavily interested in him

We will have to wait and see but based on everything thats happened I think Letang could be gone.

I dont think they're going to trade Letang. That was just Rossi making some click bait. Letang is also a RHD and they have an abundance of LHD. the matheson trade also probably takes them out of the market for Tanev (thank god). I think Petterson could be the casualty in this whole thing. While petterson atm is clearly better than matheson, if matheson can return to form and be a solid top 4 D with Marino, and we can get a good asset out of petterson, I think pens did okay here. Everyone is really hating on Matheson without being presented all the facts. I keep reposting this link, but its a good representation that mathison is a high risk high reward type trade. if he works out, pens have themselves a steal, if he sucks, then its probably the dagger in the crosby/malkin window

https://twitter.com/FauxCentre/status/1309260664372973573?s=20
Sep. 24, 2020 at 11:46 p.m.
Shultz I had faith in as the guy looked lost. And Pittsburgh needed that offensive dman for their pp and he was a good fit. Matheson concerns me as his descision making is just bad. He reminds me of Ceci+JJ and in the play-in round he was so bad they had to bench and throw his ass in the press box. Will have to wait and see.

but at least mathison is a great skater and can move the puck. he needs to work on his turnovers forsure. hopefully playing with marino in a transitional style defense will be better for him
Sep. 25, 2020 at 12:02 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Edited Sep. 25, 2020 at 12:11 a.m.
But we dont care about anything after next 3yrs, so Pens fans dont care if its a 20yr deal.

A 34yr old beat up winger that was going to be a 4th liner that maybe plays 50 gms if ur lucky for a 26yr old Top 4 LHD-man??

Lmfao horny was on pace for 50 points and 27 goals. Lol he was still a really good player and this trade absolutely is a massive loss. You said he’s a top 4 LHD ?!?! Based off what? You delusional opinion? Math is a terrible D man. Is there potential? Yeah but why risk a 50 point “dime a dozen lmfao” rw for a D man that you could have got for a 7th round pick. Guess what!?! FLA thought they would have to pay to dump this guy. Lol instead they got a 50 point forward. What did you get? A 26 year old cone? Congrats on the win. Lol
Trickster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit