$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 25, 2020 at 1:05 a.m.
you say this team is getting ruined though your user name is "leafs and sens fan". you should know the definition of a team getting ruined. Pittsburgh aint it, despite the questionable moves. and that murray trade is bad for pit, even with dumping JJ we can get a better return than helm
Sep. 25, 2020 at 1:18 a.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
you say this team is getting ruined though your user name is "leafs and sens fan". you should know the definition of a team getting ruined. Pittsburgh aint it, despite the questionable moves. and that murray trade is bad for pit, even with dumping JJ we can get a better return than helm

You need to think objectively and use your brain instead of your heart.

JR has made 3 trades. 2 of them have been absolutely dreadful.

I think he over reacted to the loss in the play ins and now he's traded your 1st and strapped a terrible contract onto your team for the next 6 years.

Yes, being a Leafs fan I know what a team being ruined is and I can tell you from experience that you will know what it feel like too very soon.

And no Murray had a 0.900 sv% this season but is wanting 7Mx1 on arbitration so your definitely not getting more than dumping JJ on this trade.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 1:27 a.m.
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
You need to think objectively and use your brain instead of your heart.

JR has made 3 trades. 2 of them have been absolutely dreadful.

I think he over reacted to the loss in the play ins and now he's traded your 1st and strapped a terrible contract onto your team for the next 6 years.

Yes, being a Leafs fan I know what a team being ruined is and I can tell you from experience that you will know what it feel like too very soon.

And no Murray had a 0.900 sv% this season but is wanting 7Mx1 on arbitration so your definitely not getting more than dumping JJ on this trade.

how can you even judge those trades without them even playing a single game? Kap was buried on toronto but you were the same fan raving about him months ago. if he can put up a 50-60 point 20-25 goal point pace, that trade is livable, and I think its very likely that he hits that performance considering he had 44 in 78 playing a lot of third line minutes. was it an overpay? absolutely. but its not an "absolutely dreadful move. not even close. absolutely dreadful is Hall for Larsson, or the Orielly trade. so dont even go there. and kap will actually have an impact on this team, while that first round pick would be years away, not playing till sid/ geno are done.

as for the matheson trade, hes got all the tools to be a good player. if he can bounce back in Pittsburgh under better deployment, that contract will not look bad at all. only time will tell who wins that contract, but I certainly like mathesons upside more than horqnvists. hornqvist is the safer bet, but pens are taking a huge gamble with matheson. you cannot say it's an "absolutely dreadful" trade at the moment when there is evidence pens may in fact win it, at least in the short run.

https://twitter.com/FauxCentre/status/1309260664372973573?s=20

I haven't read anywhere that Murray is asking for that much. so quit posting fake news. Murray + Johnson for a 2nd gets it done, similar to the grubaer/ orpik deal a few years back.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 1:51 a.m.
NoWah49
judging by how things are going, the 1st line
Sep. 25, 2020 at 2:13 a.m.
Chiggy

What? Just getting out of that JJ contract is a miracle. This would be a fanatic deal for Pittsburgh. Murray is worth like a 2nd round pick and maybe a prospect. I'd gladly give that up to get rid of JJ.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 2:15 a.m.
Quoting: Chigurrhh
What? Just getting out of that JJ contract is a miracle. This would be a fanatic deal for Pittsburgh. Murray is worth like a 2nd round pick and maybe a prospect. I'd gladly give that up to get rid of JJ.

using the grubaer deal as a comparison, pens should get at least a 2nd for a Murray/JJ deal
Sep. 25, 2020 at 2:26 a.m.
how can you even judge those trades without them even playing a single game? Kap was buried on toronto but you were the same fan raving about him months ago. if he can put up a 50-60 point 20-25 goal point pace, that trade is livable, and I think its very likely that he hits that performance considering he had 44 in 78 playing a lot of third line minutes. was it an overpay? absolutely. but its not an "absolutely dreadful move. not even close. absolutely dreadful is Hall for Larsson, or the Orielly trade. so dont even go there. and kap will actually have an impact on this team, while that first round pick would be years away, not playing till sid/ geno are done.

as for the matheson trade, hes got all the tools to be a good player. if he can bounce back in Pittsburgh under better deployment, that contract will not look bad at all. only time will tell who wins that contract, but I certainly like mathesons upside more than horqnvists. hornqvist is the safer bet, but pens are taking a huge gamble with matheson. you cannot say it's an "absolutely dreadful" trade at the moment when there is evidence pens may in fact win it, at least in the short run.

https://twitter.com/FauxCentre/status/1309260664372973573?s=20

I haven't read anywhere that Murray is asking for that much. so quit posting fake news. Murray + Johnson for a 2nd gets it done, similar to the grubaer/ orpik deal a few years back.

That's what they said on TSN about Murray.

That's what I thought. I thought there would be Detroit fans saying they wouldn't do it not Pittsburgh fans.

using the grubaer deal as a comparison, pens should get at least a 2nd for a Murray/JJ deal

Fact is you don't have cap space for both goalies or even close to it now. Everyone knows Murray has to go. Don't expect much of a return.
RedWing9119 and Chigurrhh liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 2:44 a.m.
Chiggy

That's a completely different situation. Colorado had a ton of cap room and money wasn't as tight as it is now. Orpik only had one season left. Jack has three.

A buyout for Orpik at the time looked like this.

Capture.PNG

A buyout for Jack looks like this.

jWoFBkG.png
RedWing9119 liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 5:44 a.m.

That's a completely different situation. Colorado had a ton of cap room and money wasn't as tight as it is now. Orpik only had one season left. Jack has three.

Capture.PNG

jWoFBkG.png

This. The red wings would taking on either 3 or 6 years of cap hits. That is far different plus with the flat cap its harder then ever to allow for longer term dead money.

Also I dont think Murry himself is worth a second maybe a third, so another piece or two would have be used to entice det to take on Johnson.
RedWing9119 liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: AirmanSD
This. The red wings would taking on either 3 or 6 years of cap hits. That is far different plus with the flat cap its harder then ever to allow for longer term dead money.

Also I dont think Murry himself is worth a second maybe a third, so another piece or two would have be used to entice det to take on Johnson.

A two time cup winner not worth a second... lmfao good one
Sep. 25, 2020 at 2:20 p.m.

Capture.PNG

jWoFBkG.png

His buyout is worse I get it. But Murray at the time of the trade is way more proven that grubauer was. His value should be more from the start. I would also be fine using POJ to move Johnson since we have so many LHD
Sep. 25, 2020 at 2:42 p.m.
Chiggy
His buyout is worse I get it. But Murray at the time of the trade is way more proven that grubauer was. His value should be more from the start. I would also be fine using POJ to move Johnson since we have so many LHD

Murray may be more proven but he is coming off a much worse season and has significant uncertainty with his contract situation and arbitration.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:17 p.m.

The Red Wings are not trading for his past. Him winning the cup is nice but the Wings would be more interested in what he would be able to produce for them. Over the last three years he has gone from average to above average to near horrible (the Wings had Howard to watch last year but really want a repeat). Which Murry are they getting, from the wings prospective it only makes sense if can return to form which at this time is not assured. So for rebuilding team who isnt likely to be good in the short term regardless (at 2 years away) why trade a high value asset like a 2nd for a player who may not be there when they are competitive again, or just sign a goalie on the market for cheaper? So no he is not worth a 2nd to the Wings, and i wouldnt want the wings to trade for him if thats the ask, let Seattle have him for free next year.

These deals are not done in a vacuum they have to take into consideration what the other team would want. And JJ contract is way worse than Orpik's was in addition to the flat cap that has to be considered now. There is a reason they Pens only got a conditional 7th while retaining half on Bjugstad, it is not going to be easy to dump cap this year.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.

Murray may be more proven but he is coming off a much worse season and has significant uncertainty with his contract situation and arbitration.

Yeah, at this point I think Jarry has more trade value than Murray. I think Jarry will be signing a much more team friendly deal.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: AirmanSD
The Red Wings are not trading for his past. Him winning the cup is nice but the Wings would be more interested in what he would be able to produce for them. Over the last three years he has gone from average to above average to near horrible (the Wings had Howard to watch last year but really want a repeat). Which Murry are they getting, from the wings prospective it only makes sense if can return to form which at this time is not assured. So for rebuilding team who isnt likely to be good in the short term regardless (at 2 years away) why trade a high value asset like a 2nd for a player who may not be there when they are competitive again, or just sign a goalie on the market for cheaper? So no he is not worth a 2nd to the Wings, and i wouldnt want the wings to trade for him if thats the ask, let Seattle have him for free next year.

These deals are not done in a vacuum they have to take into consideration what the other team would want. And JJ contract is way worse than Orpik's was in addition to the flat cap that has to be considered now. There is a reason they Pens only got a conditional 7th while retaining half on Bjugstad, it is not going to be easy to dump cap this year.

Fair enough. Maybe for the wings he doesn’t make sense because even with Murray, they will still suck. And they’re not trying to contend anytime soon. But another team will definitely pay a fair return for Murray.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.
Fair enough. Maybe for the wings he doesn’t make sense because even with Murray, they will still suck. And they’re not trying to contend anytime soon. But another team will definitely pay a fair return for Murray.

A fair return for Murray is a 2nd round pick.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 6:40 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
A fair return for Murray is a 2nd round pick.

hes netting more than that. Just watch. the rumoured return is a second and a good prospect. wouldn't be shocked if he gets more than that anyways.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll