UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,000,000
1$1,050,000
Trades
WPG
  1. Gostisbehere, Shayne
  2. Patrick, Nolan [RFA Rights]
  3. Ratcliffe, Isaac
  4. van Riemsdyk, James ($2,500,000 retained)
  5. 2021 1st round pick (PHI)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$68,764,132$66,037$582,500$12,735,868
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$4,995,000$4,995,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 2
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,075,000$1,075,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 5
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD, LW
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:22 a.m.
Michael
Hard core Flyers fan here and Winnipeg laughs and hangs up
Trickster and Windjammer liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:24 a.m.
neslow92
This is a terrible trade, we are giving WPG scrap parts for their number one goal scorer
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Roscoe
Hard core Flyers fan here and Winnipeg laughs and hangs up

Quoting: wolsen92
This is a terrible trade, we are giving WPG scrap parts for their number one goal scorer

Word on the street is that they might have interest in Patrick and he is by no means a scrap part. They also get a 25+ goal scorer in return at $4.5 mil. They also are hurting on D and given a new situation Ghost could return to top 4 form. Plus a 1st and a prospect. You guys need to look harder at deals before just scraping them.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:36 a.m.
hey look a squirrel
Wood that is bad for Jets.

Liane is how many NHL goals in his career already?
You offered a pile of junk.

Starts with Sanheim, your 1st rounder of this year and keep adding.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:43 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Trickster
Wood that is bad for Jets.

Liane is how many NHL goals in his career already?
You offered a pile of junk.

Starts with Sanheim, your 1st rounder of this year and keep adding.

Laine is a 1 dimensional player. This isn't a pile of junk by any means. Is JVR's contract bad at $7 mil, absolutely! Is it bad at $4.5, **** no! He scores 25+ goals a year. Ghost hasn't got a fair shake in PHI the last couple years but for a team that could use a PP QB, he could easily return to 35+ points and for $4.5 that isn't bad! Patrick is easily a 2C when healthy (he would likely have to pass a physical before this trade would go through)

Try to think more critically in the future ok?
DDossett liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:46 a.m.
Its interesting but i'm not sure winnipeg's looking to add that many contracts to replace laine. Is patrick going to be healthy this year? That would be the major problem i see, your key piece barely played last year and was still developing. Laine is an established top tier talent' patrick "could" never end up cracking the top lineup (he will probably be amazing) and could be years before he fully developes, and that doesnt even bring up the "migraine disorder". That would terrify me as a gm acquiring him unless i had solid medical evidence this is not a chronic problem.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:48 a.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: DirtyDangles
Laine is a 1 dimensional player. This isn't a pile of junk by any means. Is JVR's contract bad at $7 mil, absolutely! Is it bad at $4.5, **** no! He scores 25+ goals a year. Ghost hasn't got a fair shake in PHI the last couple years but for a team that could use a PP QB, he could easily return to 35+ points and for $4.5 that isn't bad! Patrick is easily a 2C when healthy (he would likely have to pass a physical before this trade would go through)

Then dont trade for Liane if he is so 1 dimensional.
Dude has almost 140 goals scored in 4 seasons and no signs of letting up.

And he is still an RFA at the end of his current deal.
Offer at least 1 good piece for a top6 FW like that which you didnt.
MisstheWhalers and Windjammer liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:53 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: DDossett
Its interesting but i'm not sure winnipeg's looking to add that many contracts to replace laine. Is patrick going to be healthy this year? That would be the major problem i see, your key piece barely played last year and was still developing. Laine is an established top tier talent' patrick "could" never end up cracking the top lineup (he will probably be amazing) and could be years before he fully developes, and that doesnt even bring up the "migraine disorder". That would terrify me as a gm acquiring him unless i had solid medical evidence this is not a chronic problem.

Patrick would likely have to pass a physical if he was traded. As for years to develop, I don't think that is the case. He has the talent to step directly into the 2C spot in WPG.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:54 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Trickster
Then dont trade for Liane if he is so 1 dimensional.
Dude has almost 140 goals scored in 4 seasons and no signs of letting up.

And he is still an RFA at the end of his current deal.
Offer at least 1 good piece for a top6 FW like that which you didnt.

Well clearly you think Patrick isn't a top 6 F so I will just end the convo here. If/when healthy, he is by the way.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:57 a.m.
MisstheWhalers

Yes he's so one dimensional but he got more assists then goals this season, what a tired narrative.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:57 a.m.
hey look a squirrel
Well clearly you think Patrick isn't a top 6 F so I will just end the convo here. If/when healthy, he is by the way.

He has not played in full season.
Will he play again? Maybe, but no chance he is viewed as top6 FW right now.

If he is good to go, best bet is Flyers to bet on him.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 9:58 a.m.
Michael
Word on the street is that they might have interest in Patrick and he is by no means a scrap part. They also get a 25+ goal scorer in return at $4.5 mil. They also are hurting on D and given a new situation Ghost could return to top 4 form. Plus a 1st and a prospect. You guys need to look harder at deals before just scraping them.

I understand where you are coming from but like it or not Patrick is an unknown commodity not to mention who knows if he even plays again. Ill grant you that if and this is a BIG if Patrick was the player who the Flyers thought they were drafting then the trade becomes a bad one for the flyers.

As it stands right now Winnipeg is trading a prolific goal scorer for an aging slow (albeit can still score) player, a minor league player who doesn't look like hell play in the NHL ( I watched him play numerous times), Patrick who right now is uncertain, Ghost- a # 6-7 defenseman and a #1 pick

Actually as I look at this more closely I think both teams are taking a huge gamble, which would be why I wouldn't make this trade from either side.

Bt the way you are the first person I've seen put G and Jake where they belong....on the third line
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:04 a.m.
Patrick would likely have to pass a physical if he was traded. As for years to develop, I don't think that is the case. He has the talent to step directly into the 2C spot in WPG.

I agree he "probably does" have that talent. Show me the evidence tho...i have seasons of laine success i don't have that with patrick. Even if he passes his physical what is "Migraine disorder"? I honestly dont know whats wrong with him but i know people have chronic migraines and i wouldn't want my 2c hiding in a closet yelling turn off the lights durning the cup so im going to need some evidence there too. Maybe im out of line but i consider patrick to lack history and be a chronic injury concern until i see otherwise. That hurts his value to me, which frankly is to phili's and advantage because with this being a low value off season you can probably sign him to a super reasonable bridge deal and not worry about an offer sheet you can't match. Could you imagine the offer sheets he'd be getting if he did play all last year and showed up in play offs.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:05 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Yes he's so one dimensional but he got more assists then goals this season, what a tired narrative.

And still wasn't a ppg player. He isn't good defensively.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:09 a.m.

Wow man, try not to be so sensitive. If multiple people are telling you a trade sucks, it probably sucks.

You should trade the Leafs Provorov. We'll give you Andreas Johnsson, Travis Dermott, a first round pick, and Jeremy Bracco. Seem fair?

The point is that you need to give up something of value to get something of value. You have given the Jets very little of value to them to try and win now (which is their goal).

Sanheim plus is a good starting point. I bet they'd be interested in Myers too. Myers + Frost might do it, Flyers might still need to add.

Good luck and try to have more fun on here!
Trickster liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:10 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: DDossett
I agree he "probably does" have that talent. Show me the evidence tho...i have seasons of laine success i don't have that with patrick. Even if he passes his physical what is "Migraine disorder"? I honestly dont know whats wrong with him but i know people have chronic migraines and i wouldn't want my 2c hiding in a closet yelling turn off the lights durning the cup so im going to need some evidence there too. Maybe im out of line but i consider patrick to lack history and be a chronic injury concern until i see otherwise. That hurts his value to me, which frankly is to phili's and advantage because with this being a low value off season you can probably sign him to a super reasonable bridge deal and not worry about an offer sheet you can't match. Could you imagine the offer sheets he'd be getting if he did play all last year and showed up in play offs.

I have watched him enough to know that he has the skill. He was saddled with Simmonds and JVR for most of the 18/19 season. That isn't the best way to make a player look good. Sounds like I am ripping JVR but not at all. We know what he is, a net front presence, which is all Simmonds was too. So basically forcing Patrick to try and do all the work.

Patrick has the talent, he likely won't be that 1C we drafted him for but he 100% is a 2C.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:12 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: newballcoach
Wow man, try not to be so sensitive. If multiple people are telling you a trade sucks, it probably sucks.

You should trade the Leafs Provorov. We'll give you Andreas Johnsson, Travis Dermott, a first round pick, and Jeremy Bracco. Seem fair?

The point is that you need to give up something of value to get something of value. You have given the Jets very little of value to them to try and win now (which is their goal).

Sanheim plus is a good starting point. I bet they'd be interested in Myers too. Myers + Frost might do it, Flyers might still need to add.

Good luck and try to have more fun on here!

IMO WPG isn't close to winning now. Their D is a disaster, they have nobody that can legit play 2C, they have a 3rd line that should be a 4th line and they have no good prospects. They need a lot of pieces which is what they get in this trade.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
IMO WPG isn't close to winning now. Their D is a disaster, they have nobody that can legit play 2C, they have a 3rd line that should be a 4th line and they have no good prospects. They need a lot of pieces which is what they get in this trade.

People said the same about Ovechkin in his early career, lazy, didn't back check, ect. Look at him now, matured and got the right coaching and you are looking at a HOF best goal scorer to ever play the game and all around solid player. Laine has a lot of potential in that aspect as he is only 22.
MisstheWhalers and Trickster liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:17 a.m.

I mean, Winnipeg is one year away from being a 99 point team (when Philly was an 82 point team). They absolutely need some help at D and Centre, which is why I said Frost and Myers (or some sort of similar combination of value and positional ability). No chance they make this Laine trade without a substantial defensive upgrade. They have enough cap space to help themselves at D and the third line without moving Laine.

You did give them "pieces." However, they likely want none of those pieces, mostly due to fit and the absolutely massive value gap between them and Laine. When you have to trade 5 things to get one, you're not going to get that one. @Roscoe broke it down well above, but Winnipeg needs none of what you gave them. This is a terrible deal for them and they very very easily decline.
Trickster liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:17 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: vinny82
People said the same about Ovechkin in his early career, lazy, didn't back check, ect. Look at him now, matured and got the right coaching and you are looking at a HOF best goal scorer to ever play the game and all around solid player. Laine has a lot of potential in that aspect as he is only 22.

Comparing how one player developed to how one might develop doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:19 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
And still wasn't a ppg player. He isn't good defensively.

Laine's defensive game was greatly improved this season, he was arguably the Jets best forward this season, he's better defensively then Scheifele, Connor or Wheeler, he was on pace for a 75 point season, yeah the 'one trick pony narrative is tired.
Windjammer liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:20 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: newballcoach
I mean, Winnipeg is one year away from being a 99 point team (when Philly was an 82 point team). They absolutely need some help at D and Centre, which is why I said Frost and Myers (or some sort of similar combination of value and positional ability). No chance they make this Laine trade without a substantial defensive upgrade. They have enough cap space to help themselves at D and the third line without moving Laine.

You did give them "pieces." However, they likely want none of those pieces, mostly due to fit and the absolutely massive value gap between them and Laine. When you have to trade 5 things to get one, you're not going to get that one. @Roscoe broke it down well above, but Winnipeg needs none of what you gave them. This is a terrible deal for them and they very very easily decline.

WPG needs a 2C and I gave them Patrick (a player that I believe they actually have interest in, or so word on the street is) They also get a pick and a prospect which they need as they have nothing good currently. Can we swap Ratcliffe for someone else, absolutely but to say they are getting nothing they need is a little disingenuous.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:22 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Laine's defensive game was greatly improved this season, he was arguably the Jets best forward this season, he's better defensively then Scheifele, Connor or Wheeler, he was on pace for a 75 point season, yeah the 'one trick pony narrative is tired.

The numbers don't bear that out...
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:29 a.m.
WPG needs a 2C and I gave them Patrick (a player that I believe they actually have interest in, or so word on the street is) They also get a pick and a prospect which they need as they have nothing good currently. Can we swap Ratcliffe for someone else, absolutely but to say they are getting nothing they need is a little disingenuous.

google disingenuous. You have not used that word correctly my friend. Or you paid me a huge compliment, so thank you.

Patrick is not currently an NHL player. He is injured, possibly severely. He's a huge unknown. As such, his value is deflated. Yes he has tons of potential and has played well, but he's a massive risk. One Winnipeg does not want to take on. In 3 years they could be looking at having NOTHING of value from trading Patrick Laine. They're not doing that. They want established NHL players who will help their lineup.

Arguing and misusing big words does not make your trade better dude. Ghost and JVR are players the Flyers want to be rid of. Why would the Jets want them? Because you say so? JVR is a third liner for them (who we all know is not the impact player he used to be) and Ghost is AT BEST second pair (but likely third). That's not what they're looking for.
Trickster liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:34 a.m.
After reading everything on here, I get where you’re coming from. Everywhere else I look, I see JVR as a cap dump, even at 4.5 it’s not a great pickup, ghost is likely a 3rd pairing guy, at 4.5m? Yeah no thank you. That leaves the major pieces as Patrick who is a completely unknown piece. He has talent, but his injuries could be career ending. The Jets aren’t going to trade a prolific goal scorer to bank on the fact that Patrick returns to form, ghost returns to form and JVR can score 20 goals. Not a chance, if you’re moving a guy of quality like Laine, you’re getting quality back. It’s been reported that the price tag attached to Laine is extremely high. If the Flyers want in on Laine, it’s going to be something like Frost + Myers coming back for him. At that point the Flyers are likely out of the trade.
Windjammer and Trickster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll