SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

September 2020 Mock Draft (with specified busts and player comparisons)

September 2020 Mock Draft (with specified busts and player comparisons)

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Sep. 25, 2020 at 11:29 a.m.
Description
SOME MOCK TRADES THAT I THINK COULD HAPPEN:

{Winnipeg trades Patrik Laine and Logan Stanley to Carolina for Dougie Hamilton and Jake Bean}

{Pittsburgh trades Matt Murray to Calgary for David Rittich and 2021 3rd round pick}

{Winnipeg trades pick No. 10 and Nikolaj Ehlers to Ottawa for pick No. 5 and Colin White}
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-A no-brainer pick. A lot compare him to Jonathan Huberdeau. An elite playmaker who can also score.
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-The Kings have a lot centers (Vilardi, Turcotte, and Kupari), so it wouldn’t make sense to draft Byfield here. Even though Stutzle is a center, he can also play on the wing. Plus, the Kings have gained more interest in Stutzle. He is often compared to Jonathan Drouin.
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksByfield would be the obvious pick here, but since Rossi plays in Ottawa, the Senators would know his game a lot more than Byfield. Dominated in the OHL by putting up big point totals. Rossi is compared to Brayden Point, just a great playmaker.
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-The Red Wings get a gift in drafting Byfield. Whatever Detroit does, it will affect the whole draft. Yzerman likes Perfetti, but I feel like he is a bust. Plus, if Byfield falls, there is no reason you pass up on him at this point. A lot compare him to Malkin, but I think he is more like Getzlaf because of the big size.
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-THIS IS THE JETS PICK!!!! THIS IS THE JETS PICK!!! Dorion said that he is willing to use one of their first-round picks in a trade. This is something that the Jets need. Assuming the Winnipeg-Carolina trade actually happens, the Jets future six defenseman would be Hamilton, Bean, Heinola, Morrissey, Pionk, and Drysdale. They would be set up for the future. Drysdale is often compared to Ryan Ellis, but I disagree. Drysdale would be more comparable to Cale Makar because of his abilities offensively.
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks have a young group of forwards (Steel, Comtois, Terry, Lundestrom, and Milano). At this point, they need defenseman. They take the BDA (best defenseman available), and that is Sanderson. He is often compared to Suter.
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils have a trend of drafting centers and defenseman, so going with a winger would be ideal. They could go with Askarov, but Blackwood improved his game and took the No. 1 role from Schneider. So Raymond, who is often compared to Marner, is the safest pick.
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Holtz, who is often compared to Laine, would be a great goal-scorer alongside Eichel. Their top priority is keeping Eichel happy, not rebuilding. A Skinner-Eichel-Holtz line in the future is very nasty.
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-This is something that Minnesota needs badly. Perfetti would the obvious pick, but I feel like he’s a bust. Some scouts even say that Lundell can be NHL-ready next season. Lundell is often compared to O’Rielly. The Wild lost Staal in the Buffalo-Minnesota trade as well as they will lose Koivu in free agency. Guerin said that Koivu won’t be returning to the Wild next season.
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-THIS IS THE SENATORS PICK!!! This is a very cool pick because of the connection between Quinn and Rossi. Both players play in Ottawa. They would provide great chemistry together. A line of Tkachuk-Rossi-Quinn in the future would be dangerous. Quinn could be the future Pastrnak.
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-With Pekka Rinne aging, the Predators need a young goaltender. Askarov can fill in Rinne’s duties in the future. This is another cool pick because I heard that Askarov is compared to Rinne.
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-I was originally thinking Jarvis or Perfetti, but in the long run they will be busts. Florida didn’t really have a great penalty kill and drafting Mercer would prevent that from becoming an issue. Mercer is compared to JT Miller.
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsWaddell said that the Hurricanes would use their first-round pick on a forward. Gunler is an underrated offensive player. Is mostly known for scoring goals. Gunler is often compared to Hoffman.
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-We finally have Perfetti being drafted here. I have a feeling that he will fall. Some people are saying that he is bust, which I do agree with. His skating needs work, but the creativity with the puck is there. Compared to Nick Suzuki.
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsI am confident that Liljegren and Sandin will develop into good players, so I don’t have the Leafs taking Schneider, which everyone thinks. I personally think that the Leafs will take a project in Amirov because they are deep offensively. Amirov is compared to Gallagher.
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I’ve seen Drouin play on the wing when he was with Tampa Bay. When Lapierre comes in, he will most likely play on the wing. Montreal is also Lapierre’s hometown team, so it would be the perfect fit for him. He is often compared to Nugent-Hopkins.
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Logically the Blackhawks take Holloway. But I think he could be a bust. Plus the Blackhawks have a lot of offensive forwards (DeBrincat, Strome, Kane, Toews, and Kubalik), so I think they go with a defensive forward. Mysak utilizes in every scenario.
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesLike I said before, Holloway could be a bust, but the Devils are in a situation where they take the BPA (best player available). At this point, it is Holloway. Assuming the Devils take Raymond beforehand, they can afford to take their time with Holloway since they have young talent in forwards. Holloway is often compared to Schenn.
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-This may be off-the-board, but I think most guys ahead of him would be busts in the future (Zary and Jarvis). There are defenseman ranked ahead of him (Barron, Schneider, and Guhle), but the Flames are set there. Bordeleau can potentially replace Monahan if he gets traded. I feel at this point, there are either be steals or off-the-board picks. In this case, Calgary goes off-the-board with taking Bordeleau.
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver CanucksThe Devils have taken forwards so far, so drafting defenseman would be ideal. Once again, I feel like in the future, Barron and Guhle would be busts. Schneider is often compared to Lindell.
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-The logical pick is Zary, but I feel like he is a bust. The Blue Jackets need scoring help, and I feel like they could draft either Peterka or Foerster. Peterka is ranked higher, so I feel like he is the better pick. Often compared to Rakell, this is another off-the-board pick.
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina HurricanesAfter taken LaFreniere, the Rangers would draft by position. There are defenseman that are ranked higher than Wallinder, but they are busts. I would call this another off-the-board pick, but Rangers showed they are willing to take risks, doing so with Kravtsov. Wallinder is often compared to Klefbom.
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Another bust here. The Flyers are a deep team, so I think they can afford to take a bust. Plays with a lot of grit as well as he is hard-working on the power play and penalty kill, but he is inconsistent with point production. Jarvis is compared to William Nylander. I don’t see Jarvis falling any further, he is a steal.
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-We finally have Zary being drafted. Like the Flyers, the Avalanche have a deep team so they can also afford to take a bust. But they need depth. Zary is compared to Reinhart. I would definitely call this a steal.
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-Once again, another bust. Barron is injury-prone but I can’t see him contributing offensively. But the Capitals are another deep team. He is often compared to Ekholm.
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues are in a situation where they need the best defenseman available. Even though Guhle is a bust, I can’t see him dropping any further than this. He is currently the top WHL prospect defenseman in the draft.
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston BruinsAlong with the Ducks issues defensively, they also have issues scoring. Foerster is an underrated goal-scorer. The cool thing about this pick is that Foerster is compared to Corey Perry, who used to play for the Ducks.
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York IslandersAt this point, Ottawa takes the best player available. I wouldn’t call this a drop for Perreault, but this is lowest I’ve seen him go. He is often compared to Palmeri.
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-With Vegas being such a deep team, they can afford to go off-the-board.
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Sep. 25, 2020 at 12:43 p.m.
Ducks wouldnt pass on Raymond (A offensively gifted RW, arguably their biggest need) for a LHD (The thing the have an abundance of and need the least)
Sep. 25, 2020 at 1:08 p.m.
Pierre Dorion said that there's a clear top 3, so they'll take whoever's left of Stutzle and Byfield.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 1:20 p.m.
Carolina isn't willing to give that much up for Laine or the deal would be done already
Sep. 25, 2020 at 2:55 p.m.
Can't speak to many other teams, and I am by no means a scout. That said, I can say, unequivocally the Flames won't be drafting Thomas Bordeleu. Not only is your logic fundamentally flawed (they are not set at D, in fact it may be the most glaring need when looking at their prospect and lineup depth) but the absolutely last thing they need is another undersized left shooting winger. They may go off the board, I wouldn't even be surprised to see them trade the pick (I hope they don't) but they won't be picking him. I suspect one of whomever is available out of Gunler, Mercer, Schneider, Zary, or MAYBE Lapierre. I hope they trade Gaudreau, Monahan, Gio or make a package that appeals into getting into the top 10 (Drysdale *drool*) however I don't see that happening.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:37 p.m.
Dr.
I don't see Winnipeg trading both ehlers and laine, i think one or the other. They would have a whole new problem if they traded all their secondary scoring for defense then draft a d as well.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:13 p.m.
CBJ aren't going off the board for Peterka with Jarvis, Zary and Perreault still available. I just can't see that happening. Either Jarvis or Zary would be a great fit.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:41 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Sens decline that Ehlers trade. White is arguably higher in value than Ehlers, then we have the picks
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:50 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Edited Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:56 p.m.
I understand the narrative that everyone sees Lapierre to MTL because he is french, but it's just not a fit... They don't need to burn a top 16 pick on a guy that has upside yes but is totally a crapshoot to play more than a few more years due to his concussion history. Plus they don't need another C they wouldn't waste that high of a pick on another one when they have gaping holes on RW and desperately need a puck moving offensive minded defenseman...
Sep. 25, 2020 at 8:19 p.m.
BergDaMan
I’m confused. You called Zary and Jarvis busts yet also called them steals??? Which is it?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll