Forums/Armchair-GM

Fielding offers for Yanni Gourde

Created by: CoopsTroops
Team: 2020-21 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 25, 2020
Published: Sep. 25, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
What teams would be interested in Gourde and for how much?
Trying to make a fair trade for him for one last ACGM before the draft, but I am having a hard time figuring team's interest and perceived value.
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
6$81,500,000$21,591,757$0$285,000$59,908,243
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD
RFA - 1
$813,333$813,333
LD
UFA - 3
$747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
UFA - 2
$763,333$763,333 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
C
UFA - 1
$759,258$759,258
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$791,667$791,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
RW, RD
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:49 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Jets would have some interest, but with that contract probably a minimal return, possibly some change of scenery prospects and a later pick possibly, nothing to get overly excited about.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:50 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
IMO he's a keeper. Yes I really said that. Trade Palat and Johnson instead. Gourde, if played with offense minded guys, scored 20 IMO, while being a defensive beast
Klara liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:51 p.m.
His value is limited by his contract term, contract AAV, his no trade clause, his recent downward trend in stats and the fact that tampa is desperate to move a ton of money.

You are looking at a mid round pick at best IMO.
Quoting: Birtle34
Jets would have some interest, but with that contract probably a minimal return, possibly some change of scenery prospects and a later pick possibly, nothing to get overly excited about.

Similar vibes for Columbus, IMO. I don't know if Gourde is truly capable of being a C anymore, though, which is our greatest need.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
IMO he's a keeper. Yes I really said that. Trade Palat and Johnson instead. Gourde, if played with offense minded guys, scored 20 IMO, while being a defensive beast

might have to move all 3
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:52 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
First thing to do is get Gourde to waive his NTC. Maybe he says he will only to "Montreal" as an example. Others good teams don't want him as they don't have cap without sending similar cap back. What leverage does Tampa then as they desperately need to cut cap. Montreal says 7th rounder....and what choice would Tampa have but to accept that trade.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
His value is solely based on what teams he is willing to go to and how much that teams needs a player like him... his return in trade would be mid level prospect and 3rd to 5th rd pick as Tampa can not take any salary back in deal.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

He's a keeper, but not over Palat. The ACGM I am putting together only allows for one of those 3 to stay.

Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
his no trade clause.

He's still buried on the third line next year, even with other expected departures. I think he'll accept a contender where he's on the first or second line.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:57 p.m.
Quoting: CoopsTroops
He's a keeper, but not over Palat. The ACGM I am putting together only allows for one of those 3 to stay.

He's still buried on the third line next year, even with other expected departures. I think he'll accept a contender where he's on the first or second line.

But there are issues, he does have a big cap and Tampa can't take money back. I think the list of teams who can fit him without sending money back is small enough that it limits the return to tampa. gourde also has a veto, so that limits the pool further.

For example, I like him and I think he would be a good top 6 option for buffalo. I would be willing to take his full salary and also not send any money back or make you pay me with a pick to take him, but that means sending like a 5th back, and would he waive for buffalo?
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:57 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: benjgc
Similar vibes for Columbus, IMO. I don't know if Gourde is truly capable of being a C anymore, though, which is our greatest need.

He's played Center throughout the playoffs. Goodrow has started to take the faceoffs on his line though because Goodrow is apparently very good in the faceoff circle.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 3:58 p.m.
He's played Center throughout the playoffs. Goodrow has started to take the faceoffs on his line though because Goodrow is apparently very good in the faceoff circle.

I could see him being a fit, depending on our cap concerns. Johnson would probably be a better fit.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
Has he waived his No Trade Clause?
I personally think Yanni Gourde is the best "Swiss Army Knife" player in the league. He can play top 6 or bottom 6, all three forward positions, skilled or gritty. However, his trade value is low because everyone knows TBL is in a huge cap mess and needs to sell off players.
Sens might be interested, particularly in a multi-player trade including Cernak. Ottawa has lots of cap space and draft picks; they need experienced NHLers to support the young guns (and Gourde is bilingual).
How about the RFA rights for Cernak, Gourde and Paquette for 2 of Ottawa's 2nd Rd picks, a 4th Rd pick, Russian RD Artem Zub and Marian Gaborik's $4.8m LTIR contract, so TBL can play with the cap?
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:14 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Edited Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:22 p.m.
Quoting: Sr_Advisor_Hockey_Ops
Has he waived his No Trade Clause?
How about the RFA rights for Cernak, Gourde and Paquette for 2 of Ottawa's 2nd Rd picks, a 4th Rd pick, Russian RD Artem Zub and Marian Gaborik's $4.8m LTIR contract, so TBL can play with the cap?

Working under the assumption he does ultimately waive his NTC.
For this ACGM I only need to move Gourde. However, I do now realize that moving Paquette would open up enough cap space to move a different player and keep Gourde.

Which leads me to Killorn vs. Gourde? I'd hate to lose either of them, but keeping Gourde involves losing Paquette in my ACGM. Paquette is one of the best 4th line forwards in the league IMO. He'll do anything and fight anyone for you. But I guess Gourde did want to fight 6'7" Oleksiak

I think I'll take some liberties on one of the RFAs being generous on their bridge deal to fit Paquette in, but I think I'm going to keep Gourde and trade Killorn.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:32 p.m.
Who adds what?
Could see WSH wanting to pick up Gourde or Johnson for a late pick, but they would want to send a cheaper wing back the other way. All WSH's contracts are good values relative to cap, but TB doesn't have space for any of them if it's keeping all its RFAs, so it works best if a third team is looking for a mid-priced checking wing in Panik or Hagelin.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 4:56 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver
Working under the assumption he does ultimately waive his NTC.
For this ACGM I only need to move Gourde. However, I do now realize that moving Paquette would open up enough cap space to move a different player and keep Gourde.

Which leads me to Killorn vs. Gourde? I'd hate to lose either of them, but keeping Gourde involves losing Paquette in my ACGM. Paquette is one of the best 4th line forwards in the league IMO. He'll do anything and fight anyone for you. But I guess Gourde did want to fight 6'7" Oleksiak

I think I'll take some liberties on one of the RFAs being generous on their bridge deal to fit Paquette in, but I think I'm going to keep Gourde and trade Killorn.

I understand your assumption that the other guys will waive but I think Killorn will (probably?) be the first one to go regardless, due mostly to his contract. He doesn't have trade protection and he had a monster regular season with a pretty low cap hit so I could see quite a few teams being interested. Whether Johnson, Gourde, or Palat go is entirely up to them. So if you're making an ACGM, I think your first move is trading Killorn and then you get to the other stuff with the assumption that maybe one guy waives.

Gonna be a tough off-season for Tampa, hope they win this year to lessen the blow.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 5:02 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
I understand your assumption that the other guys will waive but I think Killorn will (probably?) be the first one to go regardless, due mostly to his contract. He doesn't have trade protection and he had a monster regular season with a pretty low cap hit so I could see quite a few teams being interested. Whether Johnson, Gourde, or Palat go is entirely up to them. So if you're making an ACGM, I think your first move is trading Killorn and then you get to the other stuff with the assumption that maybe one guy waives.

Gonna be a tough off-season for Tampa, hope they win this year to lessen the blow.

I have assumed Killorn was a for sure out since Coleman was brought in, but my ACGM involves Cirelli being dealt for cap flexibility moving forward. So, there will ultimately be a place for him or Gourde. However, Killorn only having a M-NTC makes things simpler.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll