Forums/Armchair-GM

Cernak and Gudas

Created by: Trickster
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 25, 2020
Published: Sep. 25, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Assuming Wennberg gets bought by Columbus.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$4,000,000
2$1,550,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$750,000
2$850,000
4$3,300,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Wennberg, Alex
3$1,555,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Cernak, Erik$4,000,000
2021 2nd round pick
Trades
TOR
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (SJS)
  2. 2021 5th round pick (SJS)
TOR
  1. Vukojevic, Michael [Reserve List]
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (NJD)
TOR
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. Dermott, Travis [RFA Rights]
STL
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (WPG)
  2. 2021 5th round pick (SJS)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$81,407,283$0$0$92,717
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,550,000$1,550,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
Wennberg, Alex
$1,555,000$1,555,000
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,300,000$3,300,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
You really should have just named this agm Cernak.
Trickster liked this.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
I hate this team
I really like the addition of gudas, adds grit and defence, perfect signing for the leafs
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
Overpay for Kerfoot. Not getting that high a pick for a 3C.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:26 p.m.
Vukojevich is a project d-man that was over drafted by NJD in 2019. He also just happens to be a long-time friend of Jack Hughes.
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:38 p.m.
If they cant Piertangelo then is would be perfect. o dont like Holl Imo he sucks
Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:51 p.m.
This is a decent defense. I'm a little bit sad that Dermott keeps getting traded in more and more ACGMs. I think he bring more to this defense but I do understand the discussion around him fitting on this team.

Is Wennberg a good option? I dunno.
Sign_em_up000000 and Trickster liked this.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 9:38 a.m.
Quoting: oneX
This is a decent defense. I'm a little bit sad that Dermott keeps getting traded in more and more ACGMs. I think he bring more to this defense but I do understand the discussion around him fitting on this team.

First off what up?! Haven't talked to you n @Trickster in a while how ya guys been?

Second off I'm glade you didn't go for Pietrangelo as he would just screw up our cap even more going forward. That being said, with no cap space how do we sign Hyman and if they pan out Barabonov and Lehtonen in a year? I'm fine with letting Hyman walk but it seems our FO isn't, and furthermore we have Rielly, Campbell, Sandin and Lilly the year after. If we don't move Engvall out this offseason his money and in this ACGM Blais', Mikheyev and Shenan's money coming off the books to help bridge Sandin n Liljegren plus Campbell or maybe one of Scott or Woll will be ready but Rielly is the big signing we'll need to take care of or he walks for nothing unless we move Nylander to keep him. What do you guys think? I'm ok with trading Reilly this offseason instead of looking for a partner for him and letting Muzin, Sandin and Dermott take the left side. I realize it's not a popular opinion but we could get a king's ransom for him now but his value will only go down with less control and being a year older and closer to FA. What say you?
Trickster and oneX liked this.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 2:17 p.m.
hey look a squirrel

I was really impressed by Wennberg's play in the playing.
If we get him cheap like this, I'd love it.

Dermott I like and dont want to trade however one of him and Holl need to go while exposing the other to Seattle I feel.
Sign_em_up000000 and oneX liked this.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 2:26 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
I was really impressed by Wennberg's play in the playing.
If we get him cheap like this, I'd love it.

Dermott I like and dont want to trade however one of him and Holl need to go while exposing the other to Seattle I feel.

How ya been? I ask what say you about moving Mo? And what do you think a return would look like?
Trickster liked this.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Jexus
Overpay for Kerfoot. Not getting that high a pick for a 3C.

I would be okay with receiving a 3rd instead of 2nd.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
First off what up?! Haven't talked to you n @Trickster in a while how ya guys been?

Second off I'm glade you didn't go for Pietrangelo as he would just screw up our cap even more going forward. That being said, with no cap space how do we sign Hyman and if they pan out Barabonov and Lehtonen in a year? I'm fine with letting Hyman walk but it seems our FO isn't, and furthermore we have Rielly, Campbell, Sandin and Lilly the year after. If we don't move Engvall out this offseason his money and in this ACGM Blais', Mikheyev and Shenan's money coming off the books to help bridge Sandin n Liljegren plus Campbell or maybe one of Scott or Woll will be ready but Rielly is the big signing we'll need to take care of or he walks for nothing unless we move Nylander to keep him. What do you guys think? I'm ok with trading Reilly this offseason instead of looking for a partner for him and letting Muzin, Sandin and Dermott take the left side. I realize it's not a popular opinion but we could get a king's ransom for him now but his value will only go down with less control and being a year older and closer to FA. What say you?

Woah long time man
I am okay, you?

I would like to get Pietrangelo but it's just not realistic.
Not sure on Hyman future in Leafs, I have also learned that Dubas is huge supporter of him and may try to extend him. I feel he wont fit cap wise.
I am believer in Engvall and want him in more important role.
Goaltending, this is still a big question mark to me.
Scott or Woll will not be ready IMO, I want Leafs to land Kuemper or Markstrom... yes I'd trade Andersen now.
Rielly, I dont want him beyond his current deal and hoping that Sandin can take over. I am going with let him walk approach.
oneX and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
How ya been? I ask what say you about moving Mo? And what do you think a return would look like?

I'd discuss sometime ago but I'd love to Rielly for Lindholm right now.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:05 p.m.
Don't mind the roster, but Wennberg at 3C is a bit risky.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: EnvironmentalTwister
Don't mind the roster, but Wennberg at 3C is a bit risky.

Your not wrong, heard Leafs might be look at Craig Smith as UFA.

I just liked what I saw in Wennberg in the playin.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:20 p.m.
Woah long time man
I am okay, you?

I would like to get Pietrangelo but it's just not realistic.
Not sure on Hyman future in Leafs, I have also learned that Dubas is huge supporter of him and may try to extend him. I feel he wont fit cap wise.
I am believer in Engvall and want him in more important role.
Goaltending, this is still a big question mark to me.
Scott or Woll will not be ready IMO, I want Leafs to land Kuemper or Markstrom... yes I'd trade Andersen now.
Rielly, I dont want him beyond his current deal and hoping that Sandin can take over. I am going with let him walk approach.

I'm good working roofing for now so I've been exhausted after work hence why I haven't been on here for a while but work is slowing down so I've had more energy lol.

Pietrangelo would be great in terms of the player he is and what we need but it would just make our cap nightmare that much worse. I agree on the Hyman front but Dubas seems intent on keeping him so unless he gets fired before he can give out an extension it seems like something will have to give to keep him. I believe the last time we spoke I was okay with Engvall at 3C and you were not based on sample size, but now I'm a little more reserved but wouldn't be upset if it happened.

Goaltending is definitely an issue I'm just not sure Dubas finds the value he's looking for on the trade market for Freddy based on the FA market having so many great options that don't cost assets to acquire. That being said, I wouldn't go for Kuemper because we wouldn't be able to afford both him and Rielly without moving Nylander. Like I said I'm ok with moving MO now but Dubas won't do that and I'm not okay with letting him walk for nothing. Also, Darcy has had a great d-core in front of him in zona and it's a quiet market whereas Tor is not. My point is he either doesn't do as well for us and we give up good assets for nothing or he remains the goalie he's been and we can't afford him. Also, why not trade Rielly now keep Dermott and run with Muzzin, Dermott/Sandin on the left side while getting a nice haul for 44?
Trickster liked this.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:21 p.m.
I'd discuss sometime ago but I'd love to Rielly for Lindholm right now.

What Lindholm? From CGY? If so, I think we can do better for Rielly. Just my opinion tho.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:21 p.m.
Dermott on 3rd RHD before Holl at any time of day.....
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
Your not wrong, heard Leafs might be look at Craig Smith as UFA.

I just liked what I saw in Wennberg in the playin.

I don't hate Wennberg at 3C especially for that price but there are better options. I'd sign him up for that lol
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:26 p.m.

Yo! Good to hear from you. Hope things are okay with you.

I think Pietrangelo on the Leafs is unrealistic unless Dubas is willing to move Marner or Nylander and it seems apparent that he's not interested in that. That's why I'm kind of not going there.

The thing I have noticed in these playoffs is the gritty, tough plays by Tampa forwards from every line. That's the thing Leafs front office should be looking at very closely this off-season.

I'm lost for words on what to do with goaltending because I feel keeping Andersen past this current deal would be a mistake but I also don't see any obvious solutions either.

Not sure Leafs get better by trading Rielly and I also feel Sandin needs upper body strength before the Leafs can count on him as an NHL regular.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
I'm good working roofing for now so I've been exhausted after work hence why I haven't been on here for a while but work is slowing down so I've had more energy lol.

Pietrangelo would be great in terms of the player he is and what we need but it would just make our cap nightmare that much worse. I agree on the Hyman front but Dubas seems intent on keeping him so unless he gets fired before he can give out an extension it seems like something will have to give to keep him. I believe the last time we spoke I was okay with Engvall at 3C and you were not based on sample size, but now I'm a little more reserved but wouldn't be upset if it happened.

Goaltending is definitely an issue I'm just not sure Dubas finds the value he's looking for on the trade market for Freddy based on the FA market having so many great options that don't cost assets to acquire. That being said, I wouldn't go for Kuemper because we wouldn't be able to afford both him and Rielly without moving Nylander. Like I said I'm ok with moving MO now but Dubas won't do that and I'm not okay with letting him walk for nothing. Also, Darcy has had a great d-core in front of him in zona and it's a quiet market whereas Tor is not. My point is he either doesn't do as well for us and we give up good assets for nothing or he remains the goalie he's been and we can't afford him. Also, why not trade Rielly now keep Dermott and run with Muzzin, Dermott/Sandin on the left side while getting a nice haul for 44?

Not on board with moving Nylander.
Rather move Marner.

Neither is realistic.

Kuemper I feel is much better choice over others.
Who do you want? Most people just wanna leave goaltending issue till next season, but options then will be worse IMO.

Hampus Lindholm from Anaheim, I feel he is good defensive guy that i like.
Doubt Ducks move him though.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:37 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Laudan
Dermott on 3rd RHD before Holl at any time of day.....

I'd be okay with that, obviously no one is give a 2nd rounder for Holl though.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
hey look a squirrel

I think Pietrangelo on the Leafs is unrealistic unless Dubas is willing to move Marner or Nylander and it seems apparent that he's not interested in that. That's why I'm kind of not going there.

The thing I have noticed in these playoffs is the gritty, tough plays by Tampa forwards from every line. That's the thing Leafs front office should be looking at very closely this off-season.

I'm lost for words on what to do with goaltending because I feel keeping Andersen past this current deal would be a mistake but I also don't see any obvious solutions either.

Not sure Leafs get better by trading Rielly and I also feel Sandin needs upper body strength before the Leafs can count on him as an NHL regular.

I feel this is what everyone mostly says RE goaltending and Rielly.
It is time to think real hard about these decisions
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.

I'm good, and it's good to catch up, hope you guys have been good too!

I agree Pietrangelo doesn't make sense for us. I say let Vegas screw their cap situation even more if he does actually leave the blues but I think he stays.

100% we need to add grit but we also need it to come from within and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I also agree on your goaltending take. It doesn't make sense to extend a goalie on the wrong side of 30 who has had back and groin injuries in the past plus such a heavy workload. To me it's a recipe for disaster. That being said, I would look to trade Andersen this offseason and sign a FA. Not sure if it's true but I heard a rumour I believe it was Lebrun but don't quote me who said CGY offered Dubas their 1st+Bennett+ Ritich and Dubas said no because he wasn't sold on a Ritich/Campbell tandem?!?... I would have taken that deal all day long.

I know trading Rielly won't make us better but he has 2 yearz left at a very affordable contract making him extremely valuable to other teams and we likely can't afford his next contract so I would rather be proactive and at least explore what we could get for him rather than letting him walk for nothing as we've already done that too many times. I know Sandin needs to take another step forward but maybe we get a cheaper LHD come back as part of the package or sign someone through FA on the short term or just let Muzzin/Dermott/Sandin take the reigns and see how they do seems how we won't be competing for a cup anytime soon anyways.

I think you and @Trickster will be happy to hear I'm over moving Nylander for a D and would rather just sign DeMelo and someone like Hamonic or Gudas or some other secondary RHD instead of going for a big fish.
Trickster and oneX liked this.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:51 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
I'm good, and it's good to catch up, hope you guys have been good too!

I agree Pietrangelo doesn't make sense for us. I say let Vegas screw their cap situation even more if he does actually leave the blues but I think he stays.

100% we need to add grit but we also need it to come from within and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I also agree on your goaltending take. It doesn't make sense to extend a goalie on the wrong side of 30 who has had back and groin injuries in the past plus such a heavy workload. To me it's a recipe for disaster. That being said, I would look to trade Andersen this offseason and sign a FA. Not sure if it's true but I heard a rumour I believe it was Lebrun but don't quote me who said CGY offered Dubas their 1st+Bennett+ Ritich and Dubas said no because he wasn't sold on a Ritich/Campbell tandem?!?... I would have taken that deal all day long.

I know trading Rielly won't make us better but he has 2 yearz left at a very affordable contract making him extremely valuable to other teams and we likely can't afford his next contract so I would rather be proactive and at least explore what we could get for him rather than letting him walk for nothing as we've already done that too many times. I know Sandin needs to take another step forward but maybe we get a cheaper LHD come back as part of the package or sign someone through FA on the short term or just let Muzzin/Dermott/Sandin take the reigns and see how they do seems how we won't be competing for a cup anytime soon anyways.

I think you and @Trickster will be happy to hear I'm over moving Nylander for a D and would rather just sign DeMelo and someone like Hamonic or Gudas or some other secondary RHD instead of going for a big fish.

I dont like that return of Andersen.
Rather take 2 second rounders for him and maybe a prospect too.

What did you think of the Kapanen trade?
Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:51 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

It’s easy... he’s cheaper and better than gudas.
Trickster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll