SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Speculative Vegas Trade

Sep. 25, 2020 at 10:28 p.m.
What does everyone think of a trade along the lines of Matt Dumba and Alex Stalock for Marc-Andre Fleury and Cody Glass? Not sure who would have to add value, but that could be the base of the trade.

With Robin Lehner likely staying in Vegas, it’s no question Vegas would have to move money, and that could be Fleury. Stalock could be a very affordable backup for Vegas and Fleury can play a lot of games while the Wild determine if Kaapo Kähkönen is the goaltender of the future. You could give Fleury 60% of the starts and Kaapo 40%. It’s an added bonus that Bill Guerin knows Fleury well.

As for Glass, I think he could be a future 1C. Vegas has Peyton Krebs coming up and the showing by Nicolas Roy in the playoffs shows to me they can afford to make a move like this. Especially when they don’t have a player like Dumba on the right side of the defense.

Let me know what everyone thinks. Thanks!
OutCold13 liked this.
Sep. 26, 2020 at 11:46 p.m.
I'd rather have Krebs than Glass. I don't think Vegas should/would move either of Krebs or Glass.

MAF would be interesting, but is he really an upgrade over Stalock? He wasn't good statistically last year, and the eye test backed that up.
Sep. 27, 2020 at 6:28 p.m.
switch that to fleury - dubnyk vegas buys out dubnyk 1yr instead of 2 for fleury. dumba is prob worth more at this point then either glass or krebs.. that is tough one from minn side i would take either from long term for vegas i would not be shopping either. fleury proved with murray that he can really be a positive roll model for a young goalie in kaapo.. stalock could garner trade interest for more assets ... with the coming year expected to be high condensed. maybe having 3 goalies wont be a bad thing.. fleury /stalock .. with kaapo injury insurance.. i would go dumba for krebs on minn side vegas it would prob be dumba for glass ..
Oct. 2, 2020 at 11:28 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: wabit
I'd rather have Krebs than Glass. I don't think Vegas should/would move either of Krebs or Glass.

MAF would be interesting, but is he really an upgrade over Stalock? He wasn't good statistically last year, and the eye test backed that up.

I think the point is less about upgrading in goal and more about getting a center prospect to take salary off Vegas' books. Vegas likely doesn't want to move either prospect, but if they upgrade on defense and free up some cap space in the process, they might consider it. It's a long shot, but considering the stupid short sighted things GMs do when they think they have a chance to win a Cup, not completely impossible.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll