2$1,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$8,000,000
1$1,000,000
1$1,000,000
1$700,000
Trades
TOR
    A bag of pucks. Wait. No. Two bags of pucks.
    TOR
    1. 2020 4th round pick (MIN)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$81,500,000$79,605,750$0$400,000$1,894,250
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 4
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    UFA - 5
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Washington Capitals
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $821,667$821,667
    LW, RW
    RFA - 4
    $900,000$900,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 3
    $700,000$700,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Washington Capitals
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $894,167$894,167
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $858,333$858,333
    G
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 8:49 a.m.
    You overestimate the value of all your players in these trades, except for freddy who is basically your best player
    Eli liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 8:52 a.m.
    exo2769
    OTT will give TOR something for Freddie. TOR could retain $1M and I'd almost be willing to bet Melnyk would give the OTT 2nd for a FREE goalie next year. He LOVES him some Free!
    Eli and TCMonkey liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 9:09 a.m.
    Not oshie. Please not oshie.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 9:13 a.m.
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: JeffW
    You overestimate the value of all your players in these trades, except for freddy who is basically your best player

Thanks so much for your feedback.

How would you balance these?
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 9:32 a.m.
    Quoting: Eli
    Thanks so much for your feedback.

How would you balance these?

Well Oshie has a 15 team no trade, is from washington (I believe), has 3 kids and a cup... you're really going to have to convince him to play in toronto, if not he doesnt waive or picks 15 teams who dont want him... nylander had a better year pts-wise in comparison to oshie but the difference between the 2 is not a 1st rd pick, cheap nhl dman, and 4th line prospect..as oshie has a broader skillset.

Kerfoot isnt enough to peak the interest of LA to even think about moving their future starter with quicknstarting his decline.

You could probably do the Min trade

Freddy has been the one reason toronto has been a playoff team the last 3 years, they count on him to keep the games close because they are such high scoring games with shakey defense at best..hes a legit nhl starter, maybe top10-15 in the league, bad idea to move him this offseason as the goalie market is pretty good actually.
    Eli and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 9:40 a.m.
    Who adds what?
    Edited Sep. 26, 2020 at 9:55 a.m.
    Well Oshie has a 15 team no trade, is from washington (I believe), has 3 kids and a cup... you're really going to have to convince him to play in toronto, if not he doesnt waive or picks 15 teams who dont want him... nylander had a better year pts-wise in comparison to oshie but the difference between the 2 is not a 1st rd pick, cheap nhl dman, and 4th line prospect..as oshie has a broader skillset.

Kerfoot isnt enough to peak the interest of LA to even think about moving their future starter with quicknstarting his decline.

Freddy has been the one reason toronto has been a playoff team the last 3 years, they count on him to keep the games close because they are such high scoring games with shakey defense at best..hes a legit nhl starter, maybe top10-15 in the league, bad idea to move him this offseason as the goalie market is pretty good actually.

Good take. I figured Jensen was the centerpiece of the Washington deal. Best penalty killer on Detroit and Washington teams, and an okay #4D with a right shot. 2RD are more scarce than 2Rs right now, and if the cap stays flat again next year, having Jensen locked up cheap for a little bit might allow the Leafs to ice the same top-four on defense for two years in a row, for the first time in I don't know how long. That along with adding Jensen and Pietrangelo could really reduce the workload their goalies face, making an athletic star goalie like Andersen into a luxury.

Do you think LA considers Kerfoot, Engvall, and a 2nd? If the Leafs, realistically, can get a late 2nd from Ottawa, they could flip that and a couple of established players to get a starting goalie who's still cheap this year?

eta: Oshie's from a Washington, but it's not Washington DC, and it might want to pick him next summer: https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/us-state/nhl-players-born-in-washington-career-stats.html
    Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 10:34 a.m.
    Good take. I figured Jensen was the centerpiece of the Washington deal. Best penalty killer on Detroit and Washington teams, and an okay #4D with a right shot. 2RD are more scarce than 2Rs right now, and if the cap stays flat again next year, having Jensen locked up cheap for a little bit might allow the Leafs to ice the same top-four on defense for two years in a row, for the first time in I don't know how long. That along with adding Jensen and Pietrangelo could really reduce the workload their goalies face, making an athletic star goalie like Andersen into a luxury.

Do you think LA considers Kerfoot, Engvall, and a 2nd? If the Leafs, realistically, can get a late 2nd from Ottawa, they could flip that and a couple of established players to get a starting goalie who's still cheap this year?

eta: Oshie's from a Washington, but it's not Washington DC, and it might want to pick him next summer: https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/us-state/nhl-players-born-in-washington-career-stats.html

Kings don’t want any of that, even your first probably won’t work. He’s been groomed for this role for like 4 years, there is no one else nhl ready.
    JeffW liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 11:20 a.m.

Sorry I'm Canadian, wasnt sure if it was the same washington

I think LA would take kerfoot if you paid them to take kerfoot, LA is a bottom feeder that will you its cap space to rebuild, kerfoots contract will be up the next time LA is actually good again...
    For example Johnsson, kerfoot, and lilijgren for cap space, so they could get lilijren ready for the nhl by the time they're ready will all the good prospects they have
    Eli and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 11:40 a.m.
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: tryger
    Kings don’t want any of that, even your first probably won’t work. He’s been groomed for this role for like 4 years, there is no one else nhl ready.

What about Andersen + 2nd? Andersen has just 1M salary this year, but his 5M cap hit doesn't fit this year in T.O. He's not worth much more than a high 2nd right now because of his cap hit, but he and Quick could push each other to have good seasons and then either carry the Kings to the playoffs, or else each be traded for more than a 2nd at the deadline. L.A. could also flip him at half retention, and raise his trade value to maybe a late 1st that way, at an actual cost of just 500k.

Then Tor can give Kerfoot to Minnesota or Buffalo for whatever they think is fair.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.

@Eli is a caps fan not a leafs fan
    Eli liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
    What about Andersen + 2nd? Andersen has just 1M salary this year, but his 5M cap hit doesn't fit this year in T.O. He's not worth much more than a high 2nd right now because of his cap hit, but he and Quick could push each other to have good seasons and then either carry the Kings to the playoffs, or else each be traded for more than a 2nd at the deadline. L.A. could also flip him at half retention, and raise his trade value to maybe a late 1st that way, at an actual cost of just 500k.

Then Tor can give Kerfoot to Minnesota or Buffalo for whatever they think is fair.

I'm not opposed to Kerfoot to Minny for Greenway if they'd make that trade. Thoughts?
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
    @Eli is a caps fan not a leafs fan

True, but I think I'm making a sincere effort to improve the Leafs here, while being aware of what WSH would put up with. If an Avs fan says I'm ripping the Caps off, I'll take it. smile
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 12:16 p.m.
    Who adds what?
    I'm not opposed to Kerfoot to Minny for Greenway if they'd make that trade. Thoughts?

Depends how badly they want to win this year. They're totally weak at center, but Greenway's supposed to be pretty good someday, if not already.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 12:27 p.m.

Dubas would also need to be convinced to move Nylander. After he signed Willy he publicly said when asked how would he be able to keep the core together responded "we can and we will" and I don't think he wants to look like an idiot for making an impulsive response not saying that's a good reason or anything just my take. That being said wait till after next season when we get bounced again early and Dubas gets fired then all bets are off.

I think the reason Freddie is valuable is because he is only owed $1 mill in actual salary so for teams looking to save money or work with an internal budget he could be appealing however I don't think Dubas will find the value he's looking for based on the FA market being saturated with good goalies that won't cost assets to acquire.

Overall you make very valid and informed point of view that I respect. I'm a leaf fan first not one who thinks every other team is looking to do the leafs favours by giving us their best players for our garbage. And on that note would you trade us McKinnon for Freddy n Dermott lol just horsing around.
    Eli liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 12:35 p.m.
    Dubas would also need to be convinced to move Nylander. After he signed Willy he publicly said when asked how would he be able to keep the core together responded "we can and we will" and I don't think he wants to look like an idiot for making an impulsive response not saying that's a good reason or anything just my take. That being said wait till after next season when we get bounced again early and Dubas gets fired then all bets are off.

I think the reason Freddie is valuable is because he is only owed $1 mill in actual salary so for teams looking to save money or work with an internal budget he could be appealing however I don't think Dubas will find the value he's looking for based on the FA market being saturated with good goalies that won't cost assets to acquire.

Overall you make very valid and informed point of view that I respect. I'm a leaf fan first not one who thinks every other team is looking to do the leafs favours by giving us their best players for our garbage. And on that note would you trade us McKinnon for Freddy n Dermott lol just horsing around.

You sir.. are one in a million
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 12:37 p.m.
    True, but I think I'm making a sincere effort to improve the Leafs here while being aware of what WSH would put up with. If an Avs fan says I'm ripping the Caps off, I'll take it. smile

You always make a sincere effort in all of your ACGM's which is why I like viewing your ACGM's and conversing with you and why I try to give you sincere responses.

As for your trade, I don't think Dubas will trade Willy for the reason I stated to @JeffW again not saying it's logical or reasonable just my opinion as to why. Just wait until after next year when we lose in the first round and Dubas gets fired and I'm sure his replacement will listen to offers on WN. I don't hate it but assuming Dubas was willing to listen to offers on Willy he'd probably ask Wash for Wilson it would most likely involve other moving parts, but I think that would be his main target from the caps. But I don't pretend to have any inside info just my take. Do you think Wash would even entertain a Nylander ++ for Wilson ++ hypothetical trade?
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 12:40 p.m.
    Depends how badly they want to win this year. They're totally weak at center, but Greenway's supposed to be pretty good someday, if not already.

Some Minny fans told me Greenway is on the block and I've liked him for some time now but didn't think we lined up for a trade. I asked them if the value was fair and they said yes but weren't sure if Guerin would pull the trigger so I thought I'd get an outside perspective.
    Eli liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 12:46 p.m.
    You sir.. are one in a million

There are a few of us but we are far and few in between. I totally get why us leaf fans get a bad rep but a few of us actually try and take a logical approach and think of other teams needs and salary cap. I always enjoy conversing with logical people on here no matter what team they root for. Good luck next year I think you guys make it to the cup finals and most likely win! I had the Avalanche n the Lightning this year but I don't think Dallas, Vegas or the Blues are in a better position long term. I think you guys make some noise next year!!
    JeffW liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 1:16 p.m.
    Who adds what?
    Some Minny fans told me Greenway is on the block and I've liked him for some time now but didn't think we lined up for a trade. I asked them if the value was fair and they said yes but weren't sure if Guerin would pull the trigger so I thought I'd get an outside perspective.

Thanks.

I think it's great to clear cap space for the Leafs and add a good prospect at LW where they're sort of thin. I think they probably add some kind of a pick or prospect even, because cap space is valuable now. But then they end up with whatever washes ashore at 3C, for a year, so their first year with Pietrangelo, they're not in an ideal spot to contend, barring a big deadline add at 3C, or a free agency miracle (not unlikely in T.O.).

You always make a sincere effort in all of your ACGM's which is why I like viewing your ACGM's and conversing with you and why I try to give you sincere responses.

As for your trade, I don't think Dubas will trade Willy for the reason I stated to @JeffW again not saying it's logical or reasonable just my opinion as to why. Just wait until after next year when we lose in the first round and Dubas gets fired and I'm sure his replacement will listen to offers on WN. I don't hate it but assuming Dubas was willing to listen to offers on Willy he'd probably ask Wash for Wilson it would most likely involve other moving parts, but I think that would be his main target from the caps. But I don't pretend to have any inside info just my take. Do you think Wash would even entertain a Nylander ++ for Wilson ++ hypothetical trade?

I think Toronto fans are knowledgeable and engaged enough to understand that the economy has caught most NHL teams off guard, and to know that Dubas made that statement when the salary cap was in a pattern of reliably going up a million every year or two, and top player salaries were keeping pace with it. It was a reasonable projection at the time and all you can do in business is plan based off the best information you have.

I think you have a slightly better chance of trading for Ovechkin than Wilson. Nylander had seven more even strength points than Wilson this year. Last year, Wilson's season was shortened by a suspension, but he got 12 more even strength points than Nylander. They're both inconsistent, but they're both really good at offense sometimes. The difference is that Wilson can also excel on a shutdown line, on a top penalty kill unit, in front of the net, in the corners, and in a fistfight against the biggest, meanest guys in the league. Again, Nylander is pretty even with Wilson on offense, and he's a bit younger, and he's got power play experience, but Wilson has a lower cap hit, and fills more team needs for the Caps.

What makes Nylander a good pickup for WSH now is that he can play different forward spots and speaks a tiny bit of Swedish, so they can bounce him around their top nine and hopefully he has good chemistry with one or more of Backstrom, Vrana, Eller, and Hagelin. I don't know if he'd make the top power play unit in his first year as a Cap, so he'd probably just get like 40-50 points. At his cap hit that could look disappointing. But maybe if he can play LW on the top power play with Backstrom and Oshie, that could let Kuznetsov move back to center Vrana and Wilson on the second unit. With some combination of Ovechkin, Carlson, and Orlov on the points of both units, the overall power play efficiency might go up, even if the first unit gets slightly downgraded from Kuznetsov to Nylander.

If Goodrow is worth a 1st, because he plays great defense at a low cap hit, and Coleman is worth a 1st because he plays great defense with a little bit of puck movement at a low cap hit, then Nick Jensen, who plays great defense at a more valuable position of 2RD, is worth more than a 1st. I see Jensen as the centerpiece of the above offer. The 1st is the 2nd biggest piece. Oshie is a risk/reward gamble who makes the cap balance out. When he's 100%, he's shown he can play RW, C, or LD on the top power play. He can play RW on the penalty kill just fine. He's good at hockey. But he's old and has some history of concussions, and likely to get drafted by Seattle. You wouldn't think of him as the main piece in a trade for anybody.

With the cap flat, cheap contracts on defensively solid players are super-valuable. With expansion coming up, 1st round picks that turn into expansion-exempt prospects are valuable. With a deep draft, even Washington's 1st round pick should turn into a good player. Will they be as good as Nylander? No. But the economy collapsed and the cap stopped going up for the foreseeable future and the Leafs still want to sign Pietrangelo, who is already much better than Nylander.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
    Thanks.

I think it's great to clear cap space for the Leafs and add a good prospect at LW where they're sort of thin. I think they probably add some kind of a pick or prospect even, because cap space is valuable now. But then they end up with whatever washes ashore at 3C, for a year, so their first year with Pietrangelo, they're not in an ideal spot to contend, barring a big deadline add at 3C, or a free agency miracle (not unlikely in T.O.).

I think Toronto fans are knowledgeable and engaged enough to understand that the economy has caught most NHL teams off guard, and to know that Dubas made that statement when the salary cap was in a pattern of reliably going up a million every year or two, and top player salaries were keeping pace with it. It was a reasonable projection at the time and all you can do in business is plan based off the best information you have.

I think you have a slightly better chance of trading for Ovechkin than Wilson. Nylander had seven more even strength points than Wilson this year. Last year, Wilson's season was shortened by a suspension, but he got 12 more even strength points than Nylander. They're both inconsistent, but they're both really good at offense sometimes. The difference is that Wilson can also excel on a shutdown line, on a top penalty kill unit, in front of the net, in the corners, and in a fistfight against the biggest, meanest guys in the league. Again, Nylander is pretty even with Wilson on offense, and he's a bit younger, and he's got power play experience, but Wilson has a lower cap hit, and fills more team needs for the Caps.

What makes Nylander a good pickup for WSH now is that he can play different forward spots and speaks a tiny bit of Swedish, so they can bounce him around their top nine and hopefully he has good chemistry with one or more of Backstrom, Vrana, Eller, and Hagelin. I don't know if he'd make the top power play unit in his first year as a Cap, so he'd probably just get like 40-50 points. At his cap hit that could look disappointing. But maybe if he can play LW on the top power play with Backstrom and Oshie, that could let Kuznetsov move back to center Vrana and Wilson on the second unit. With some combination of Ovechkin, Carlson, and Orlov on the points of both units, the overall power play efficiency might go up, even if the first unit gets slightly downgraded from Kuznetsov to Nylander.

If Goodrow is worth a 1st, because he plays great defense at a low cap hit, and Coleman is worth a 1st because he plays great defense with a little bit of puck movement at a low cap hit, then Nick Jensen, who plays great defense at a more valuable position of 2RD, is worth more than a 1st. I see Jensen as the centerpiece of the above offer. The 1st is the 2nd biggest piece. Oshie is a risk/reward gamble who makes the cap balance out. When he's 100%, he's shown he can play RW, C, or LD on the top power play. He can play RW on the penalty kill just fine. He's good at hockey. But he's old and has some history of concussions, and likely to get drafted by Seattle. You wouldn't think of him as the main piece in a trade for anybody.

With the cap flat, cheap contracts on defensively solid players are super-valuable. With expansion coming up, 1st round picks that turn into expansion-exempt prospects are valuable. With a deep draft, even Washington's 1st round pick should turn into a good player. Will they be as good as Nylander? No. But the economy collapsed and the cap stopped going up for the foreseeable future and the Leafs still want to sign Pietrangelo, who is already much better than Nylander.

Honestly, I didn't even consider the cap savings just like the player because I think he'd be a good fit on the leafs. He has size, grit and is a pretty good skater for a player his size. I think he would start on our 3rd LW with potential to move up to 2nd LW if he keeps making progression every year. Also, we drafted his brother but that was never a thought for me wanting him on my team the Wild or any other team could have him for that matter. That being said, Minny just got Bujstad and Johansson to play center plus they already have Erickson-Ek so I think Kerfott would just add to the logjam so maybe a pick/prospect deal works better for them but IRL we probably don't get him so it's a moot point. But appreciate the feedback Thanks!

As for the other ask Nylander ++ for Wilson ++ I didn't think it would peak the caps interest but you don't know if you don't ask. I like your proposal I just don't see Dubas entertaining any offers for him this is the same guy who called leaf fans idiots for criticizing Marner so....

I didn't think Wash would go for it because in order to win the cup you need players like Wilson and I think it would take an offer/player(s) alot better than Willy to entice wash but a guy can dream right? Lol

If I were Dubas or the Leafs GM I'd seriously consider your offer but I couldn't say for certain I'd take it because I would have to weigh it to other offers that would hypothetically be on the table. That said it's a respectable offer I just don't see Nylander going anywhere until next offseason at the earliest maybe Rielly too. The value is certainly there in your proposal tho.
    Eli liked this.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 2:25 p.m.
    Who adds what?
    Honestly, I didn't even consider the cap savings just like the player because I think he'd be a good fit on the leafs. He has size, grit and is a pretty good skater for a player his size. I think he would start on our 3rd LW with potential to move up to 2nd LW if he keeps making progression every year. Also, we drafted his brother but that was never a thought for me wanting him on my team the Wild or any other team could have him for that matter. That being said, Minny just got Bujstad and Johansson to play center plus they already have Erickson-Ek so I think Kerfott would just add to the logjam so maybe a pick/prospect deal works better for them but IRL we probably don't get him so it's a moot point. But appreciate the feedback Thanks!

As for the other ask Nylander ++ for Wilson ++ I didn't think it would peak the caps interest but you don't know if you don't ask. I like your proposal I just don't see Dubas entertaining any offers for him this is the same guy who called leaf fans idiots for criticizing Marner so....

I didn't think Wash would go for it because in order to win the cup you need players like Wilson and I think it would take an offer/player(s) alot better than Willy to entice wash but a guy can dream right? Lol

If I were Dubas or the Leafs GM I'd seriously consider your offer but I couldn't say for certain I'd take it because I would have to weigh it to other offers that would hypothetically be on the table. That said it's a respectable offer I just don't see Nylander going anywhere until next offseason at the earliest maybe Rielly too. The value is certainly there in your proposal tho.

It's tough to say where Jensen's value is. There are also Caps fans who want to give him away for a 2nd or 3rd, so they can sign UFA's. I think there's a shortage of good RHD, and Tor could use one. Most likely if he goes up there the deal centers around Johnsson, and not Nylander, butat that point I think Tor adds. If it's around Nylander, WSH definitely is adding a lot. Probably more than I put, here. But it solves their cap situation and lets them sign Pietrangelo in, like, two moves.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
    It's tough to say where Jensen's value is. There are also Caps fans who want to give him away for a 2nd or 3rd, so they can sign UFA's. I think there's a shortage of good RHD, and Tor could use one. Most likely if he goes up there the deal centers around Johnsson, and not Nylander, butat that point I think Tor adds. If it's around Nylander, WSH definitely is adding a lot. Probably more than I put, here. But it solves their cap situation and lets them sign Pietrangelo in, like, two moves.

Most cap fans I've seen have been like you said trying to give Jensen away for pennies on the dollar which if that were to happen I'd love for my leafs to be all over but there are smarter people in teams FO than most on here so I doubt that happens. I would 11% trade Johnsson for Jensen but what else do the leafs need to add to make it work for Wash? I honestly hadn't thought of a deal like that but would be very interested.

Side note I'm in the minority of leaf fans who don't want to see us sign Pietrangelo because it would make our cap nightmare even worse. Most leaf fans aren't looking at the bigger picture just the short-term benefit of adding Alex. I'm not talking about the last couple of years of that contract either, my beef is we have to sign Rielly in 2years amongst others and Hyman next which our FO seems intent on doing, so with a flat cap we are going to have to continuously gut our team or move Nylander for pennies on the dollar to keep the rest of the team together and if Pietrangelo is coming to be Rielly's partner what's the point when we won't be able to afford him in 2 years? I'd rather sign DeMelo and someone else like Hamonic or Gudas or however we could get for cheap on a short term contract or trade for someone like Jensen. But that's just me and I'm sure the rest of leafs nation would scold me for my viewpoint lol.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 2:45 p.m.

That was supposed to say 1000% lol 😆
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:02 p.m.
    Who adds what?
    Most cap fans I've seen have been like you said trying to give Jensen away for pennies on the dollar which if that were to happen I'd love for my leafs to be all over but there are smarter people in teams FO than most on here so I doubt that happens. I would 11% trade Johnsson for Jensen but what else do the leafs need to add to make it work for Wash? I honestly hadn't thought of a deal like that but would be very interested.

Side note I'm in the minority of leaf fans who don't want to see us sign Pietrangelo because it would make our cap nightmare even worse. Most leaf fans aren't looking at the bigger picture just the short-term benefit of adding Alex. I'm not talking about the last couple of years of that contract either, my beef is we have to sign Rielly in 2years amongst others and Hyman next which our FO seems intent on doing, so with a flat cap we are going to have to continuously gut our team or move Nylander for pennies on the dollar to keep the rest of the team together and if Pietrangelo is coming to be Rielly's partner what's the point when we won't be able to afford him in 2 years? I'd rather sign DeMelo and someone else like Hamonic or Gudas or however we could get for cheap on a short term contract or trade for someone like Jensen. But that's just me and I'm sure the rest of leafs nation would scold me for my viewpoint lol.

I mean, the Caps' RHD depth chart is currently: John Carlson, Nick Jensen. So if Jensen's the guy the Leafs want and they main piece coming back is a middle six wing coming off of an injury, then I think there has to be a good prospect coming back at RHD. I'm sure Liljegren isn't happening, so I'd probably guess Duszak. Then the Caps probably balance with Leason.
    Sep. 26, 2020 at 3:27 p.m.
    I mean, the Caps' RHD depth chart is currently: John Carlson, Nick Jensen. So if Jensen's the guy the Leafs want and they main piece coming back is a middle six wing coming off of an injury, then I think there has to be a good prospect coming back at RHD. I'm sure Liljegren isn't happening, so I'd probably guess Duszak. Then the Caps probably balance with Leason.

I don't think Lilly would be an option but I'd add Holl although it kinda seems pointless for both sides. I'd take that proposal.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll