SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Announcement: New Infraction & Warning System

Oct. 6, 2016 at 8:58 p.m.
Follow Capfriendly
We are introducing a new infraction & warning system to the forums. Infractions can be added by a forum moderator or site admin to posts for any of the following reasons:

Quote:
Spam/Ads (1 point)
Abusing username or bio (1 point)
Offensive language (1 point)
Flaming (1 point)
Trolling (1 point)
Ethnic/racial/gender slurs (2 point)
Abusing a moderator or admin (2 point)
Posting other users private information (2 point)

Additionally moderators have the ability to designate the number of points given to an infraction as they deem appropriate

Each of these infractions are assigned a 'points' value. If you accumulate enough infraction points restrictions will automatically be put on your account until the infraction expires.

Your current infraction level places the following restrictions to your account:
Quote:
Level 1 (2 Points) = No Posting in Armchair or Mock-draft Forums.
Level 2 (3 Points) = All Level 1 + No Posting polls, Editing Profile, Editing username, Editing Avatar, Editing Posts.
Level 3 (4 Points) = All Level 1/2 + No starting new threads anywhere on the forums.
Level 4 (5 Points) = Banned for 30 days. New members (registered for 90 days or less) who reach level 4 will be banned permanently.
Level 5 (10 Points) = Permanent Ban.

Users will automatically be notified if an infraction is added to their account. Users can review their infraction information at any time from the user profile page.
Oct. 13, 2016 at 8:51 a.m.
BreKel
Well, i found out the hard way, but i like this new system. Cool add. Don't want to see it again. Some posters make it very hard lmfao
wojme liked this.
Oct. 13, 2016 at 9:51 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Reminder to report people breaking the rules
Nov. 4, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Edited Nov. 5, 2016 at 2:59 p.m. by Jarvis
Wanna look at a newbie ****. Certainly unnecessary language on a "friendly" site.
Nov. 5, 2016 at 2:59 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: palhal
Wanna look at a newbie ****. Certainly unnecessary language on a "friendly" site.

Infractions have been added to the account.
Dec. 8, 2016 at 12:19 a.m.
Banned
Clearly 90% of the people on this site have never played hockey or only played house league because chirping is part of the game. I will respect the rules but I am just going to state that this is super soft!
trickydick55 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2016 at 12:27 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: SickFlow
Clearly 90% of the people on this site have never played hockey or only played house league because chirping is part of the game. I will respect the rules but I am just going to state that this is super soft!

Chirping is part of the on-ice game; we aren't on the ice here
Dec. 9, 2016 at 8:35 p.m.
Banned
You sound like McDavid and Crosby...
Dec. 15, 2016 at 1:34 p.m.
Banned
Yeah this system is a little too strict.
Dec. 15, 2016 at 2:54 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
No it isn't. Following the rules is quite simple, actually.
Dec. 15, 2016 at 4:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Banks
No it isn't. Following the rules is quite simple, actually.
I know it is, I'm just saying the 'trolling' part is (IMO) just a little too much.
Dec. 17, 2016 at 7:50 p.m.
Banned
Why cant i just use an arm chair gm to have simple conversation. The forums are stupid and the fact my thread was deleted and deactivated is ridiculous.
Dec. 17, 2016 at 8:50 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: npalley98
Why cant i just use an arm chair gm to have simple conversation. The forums are stupid and the fact my thread was deleted and deactivated is ridiculous.

Because using the correct forum is so hard? Use the appropriate forum, end of discussion.

If you used the appropriate forum, it wouldn't have been closed, very hard concept to understand, evidently.

Everyone has to follow the same rules, and posting in the appropriate forum is a standard rule across forums online.
Dec. 17, 2016 at 11:12 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: npalley98

Because using the correct forum is so hard? Use the appropriate forum, end of discussion.

If you used the appropriate forum, it wouldn't have been closed, very hard concept to understand, evidently.

Everyone has to follow the same rules, and posting in the appropriate forum is a standard rule across forums online.
Well you're right in that sense (posting in the right forum), but there are more people in the 'armchair GM' forum so more people see it and that creates more interaction. I think that's what he is getting at.
Dec. 17, 2016 at 11:17 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: Caphead

Well you're right in that sense (posting in the right forum), but there are more people in the 'armchair GM' forum so more people see it and that creates more interaction. I think that's what he is getting at.

The armchair forum is for discussion related around armchair teams.

If we permit general discussion, the discussion related to armchair-gm teams is more diluted, this becomes an issue as general discussion in the wrong forum becomes more popular, and if somebody is to post an armchair-gm team with the intention of getting feedback on it, the dilution is unfair to them.

Simply posting in the correct forum, is not only simple to do, but will also result in that forum being used more.

The user could have simply reposted in the NHL forum, rather than spending multiple hours complaining about the rules that everyone on these forums has to abide by.
Dec. 29, 2016 at 1:26 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: Caphead
Yeah this system is a little too strict.
sounds like something you'd say.
Feb. 7, 2017 at 12:07 a.m.
Look there is a double standard going on this site. People who should be flagged for infractions get nothing and others who make a borderline comment get flagged. What gives?
Feb. 7, 2017 at 9:43 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: Jacketsman61
Look there is a double standard going on this site. People who should be flagged for infractions get nothing and others who make a borderline comment get flagged. What gives?

Use the report function if you feel somebody deserves an infraction.
Feb. 22, 2017 at 6:39 p.m.
I like the new system. Do the points reset back to 0 over time if good behavior?
Feb. 23, 2017 at 11:41 a.m.
Follow Capfriendly
Quoting: chitownmvp01
I like the new system. Do the points reset back to 0 over time if good behavior?

Yes, every infraction has an expiry date (with the exception of permanent ban). Once an infraction has expired the points from that infraction are subtracted from the users current points. The infraction 'level' is then reset based on the new current points value.
Stones6160 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2017 at 11:18 p.m.
I dont get how my points have reseted to 0 yet Im not allowed to interact on any Armchair GM. So confused
Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:15 a.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: DavidBooth7
I dont get how my points have reseted to 0 yet Im not allowed to interact on any Armchair GM. So confused

Investigating, but you are clear now
May 10, 2017 at 11:44 a.m.
Quoting: SickFlow

I fully endorse this statement. I heard there is a Sarcastaball Forum coming online soon

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll