Forums/Mock-Draft

Might take some heat for this one

Might take some heat for this one

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: DonCherrysOnlyGoodSuit
Published: Sep. 28, 2020 at 6:19 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-They get their new Kopitar and a great 1-2 punch with Turcotte
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksBPA
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Yzerman will be all over a guy with such a high hockey IQ
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-With plenty of D depth, they take one of the best wingers available after taking Stutzle
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Need a great skating puck mover of their own to compete with other teams in the West like COL, DAL, VAN
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The drop off in D talent is far steeper than scoring talent. There will be other capable scorers at 18 and 20 and I can see them using this pick for the first bold move of this draft
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo gets a shooter to eventually play with Eichel
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-I like him more than where I have him in this mock, but it’s a win for the Wild. Really a guy you can build a team around
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Laine replacement if/when they move him
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-I feel like any of Zary, Lundell, Jarvis, or Mercer can go at 11, 12 and 14
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsNeed D and go with one of the more NHL ready guys here
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-16-20 are interchangable. But being a Devils fan, I would rather have Halloway and Amirov
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
24Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
25Logo of the Washington Capitals-
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Sep. 28, 2020 at 8:20 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Why would you take heat these are all realistic options
Sep. 28, 2020 at 9:06 p.m.
I hate this team
If the wings want Perfetti they should trade down for him, not gonna get picked at 4th
Sep. 28, 2020 at 9:26 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
Why would you take heat these are all realistic options

It’s CapFriendly. I figured someone may come in hot about Rossi being too low, or Perfetti/Sanderson being too high, or Lundell falling out of the top 10
Remus and TanSor liked this.
Sep. 28, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
Quoting: Marincin_memes
If the wings want Perfetti they should trade down for him, not gonna get picked at 4th

That’s a lot easier said than done. Teams probably won’t want to give up what Detroit would ask for just to move up a couple spots. Detroit could have done the same thing with Seider, but trading down doesn’t just happen. You see a guy you want that early, you take him.
TanSor liked this.
Sep. 28, 2020 at 9:46 p.m.
Some tough choices for some teams but I can see some of these. I think the Kings take Stutzle instead of Byfield. I think he’s more ready than Byfield, played against grown men last year.
Sep. 28, 2020 at 11:15 p.m.
Rossi is the dream for us. I don't think he falls to 9 but I can't really argue with any of the picks you made ahead of the Wild in the 4-8 range, they all seem reasonable. I think Sanderson is going to go a lot higher than people are expecting (like you have here), he looks like a near carbon copy of Ryan Suter to me but a little more physical and a little worse at stretch passing.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll