who wants Johnson

Created by: VastBluepuppy424
Team: 2020-21 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 29, 2020
Published: Sep. 29, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
looking for cheap forward who can be good on the 4th line

Where he will not waive: a bad team, or canada (cause a thing called rumors said so)
Trades
TBL
    even if he bounced back to a .6 PPG scorer, he's going to be a one-year rental before he moves to Seattle, anyways who wants him
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NJD
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TBL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    14$81,500,000$71,166,666$0$0$10,333,334
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    LW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $6,750,000$6,750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    LW, RW
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,800,000$1,800,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $5,166,666$5,166,666
    C, LW, RW
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    G
    UFA - 8
    $6,750,000$6,750,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $1,300,000$1,300,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:19 a.m.
    IMO that depends on him, a right handed C/RW solid middle 6 player has value. If made available teams will be asking but it really depends on who he's willing to waive to
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:22 a.m.
    Put him on waivers. Then he has no say in where he goes.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:23 a.m.
    Quoting: tkecanuck341

only players can waived, not the team
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:24 a.m.
    Quoting: VastBluepuppy424
    only players can waived, not the team

?
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:24 a.m.
    Rutta 4ever
    He's a 2C caliber forward with the appropriate talent around him. Hard to say who might want him or what we might get for him. I have been thinking he's a fit at Minnesota, but regardless of where he goes, he's likely not on top of anyone's list. However, as names fall through in trades and FA, I do believe there will be a few of teams interested in him. Price and NTC issues is anyone's guess at this point.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:28 a.m.
    Johnson has a full NTC, meaning he can prevent a trade to anywhere and everywhere should he so choose. However, he doesn't have a NMC, meaning he cannot block being put on waivers. Waive him, and I guarantee you that Detroit or Winnipeg will take him. Immediately gain $5M in cap space.
    Shibbal18 liked this.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:28 a.m.
    Quoting: CoopsTroops
    He's a 2C caliber forward with the appropriate talent around him. Hard to say who might want him or what we might get for him. I have been thinking he's a fit at Minnesota, but regardless of where he goes, he's likely not on top of anyone's list. However, as names fall through in trades and FA, I do believe there will be a few of teams interested in him. Price and NTC issues is anyone's guess at this point.

that's saying if he waives, problem with Johnson is people value him differently, to one person he is worth a 2nd, to another he worth a 7th round pick with 3 1st rounders, or in other words - value
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:30 a.m.
    Johnson has a full NTC, meaning he can prevent a trade to anywhere and everywhere should he so choose. However, he doesn't have a NMC, meaning he cannot block being put on waivers. Waive him, and I guarantee you that Detroit or Winnipeg will take him. Immediately gain $5M in cap space.

1. you can waived a NMC, look at milan lucic
    2. johnson not waiving to those teams because of Explanation up top
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:32 a.m.
    Quoting: VastBluepuppy424
    1. you can waived a NMC
    2. johnson not waiving to those teams because of Explanation up top

I understand that Johnson can choose to waive his NTC, but why would he? He has a long-term contract with the best team in the league.

Johnson does not have a NMC, meaning he cannot prevent himself from being put on waivers.
    Shibbal18 liked this.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:40 a.m.
    I understand that Johnson can choose to waive his NTC, but why would he? He has a long-term contract with the best team in the league.

Johnson does not have a NMC, meaning he cannot prevent himself from being put on waivers.

congrats on 4,500 post, but it has to do with cap, he might bring his knowledge about how he won a Stanley Cup to a different team so that they can try to win the cup. but hey, he accomplished his lifelong dream along with everyone else on the Tampa Bay Lightning for the 1st time other than Pat maroon

For the same reason why Hornqvist waived his NTC to go to Florida: "when I knew they didn't want me anymore, the choice was pretty obvious"
    1) With his contract he might just clear waivers. 5M x 4 is expensive for a 3rd line center. Who will turn 31 next season.

2) Then you lose him for nothing and get the reputation that means that other UFA don't sign with you as a GM ever again no matter what city you are a GM in--at least without a total NMC. So now you have to give out full NMC's instead of NTC's.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:49 a.m.

With a flat cap for the next few years, the fact he's 31 a 3rd line center and has 4 yrs left at 5M per AAV plus the fact he's already shown decline year over year. Not sure that is 100% right. Cap space is worth a lot and Detroit wants no part of years 3 and 4 on his contract at 5M AAV. Can't speak for Winnipeg on this issue. Plus he's got his Cup is he really going to try at 100% every shift on a rebuilding team vs a Cup team? And then the decline becomes worse.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:56 a.m.
    Quoting: dca919
    1) With his contract he might just clear waivers. 5M x 4 is expensive for a 3rd line center. Who will turn 31 next season.

2) Then you lose him for nothing and get the reputation that means that other UFA don't sign with you as a GM ever again no matter what city you are a GM in--at least without a total NMC. So now you have to give out full NMC's instead of NTC's.

Quoting: dca919
    With a flat cap for the next few years, the fact he's 31 a 3rd line center and has 4 yrs left at 5M per AAV plus the fact he's already shown decline year over year. Not sure that is 100% right. Cap space is worth a lot and Detroit wants no part of years 3 and 4 on his contract at 5M AAV. Can't speak for Winnipeg on this issue. Plus he's got his Cup is he really going to try at 100% every shift on a rebuilding team vs a Cup team? And then the decline becomes worse.

Winnipeg is desperate for a 2C. So much so that they're considering trading Laine to get one. Someone would take him.

As you say, he had a down year and isn't living up to his contract. Tampa's cap situation is well known. I don't think anyone would fault them for waiving a player on a bad contract that refused to waive his NTC when asked. It's not like they moved him in the first year of his deal. He played a full 4 seasons under that contract.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:57 a.m.
    efiug
    even if johnson waives im asking for a 1st to take him at least.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 3:04 a.m.
    Quoting: efiug
    even if johnson waives im asking for a 1st to take him at least.

And when no one bites? Do you instead trade Sergachev or Cirelli?
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 3:08 a.m.
    efiug
    And when no one bites? Do you instead trade Sergachev or Cirelli?

yeah i'd gladly take sergachev or cirelli instead of a first.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 3:10 a.m.
    Quoting: efiug
    yeah i'd gladly take sergachev or cirelli instead of a first.

Oh I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying Tampa shouldn't trade him unless someone offered a 1st.

I think Johnson has value and that someone would take his contract. They wouldn't pay anything for it, but I think they'd take him off waivers.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 3:18 a.m.
    efiug
    Oh I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying Tampa shouldn't trade him unless someone offered a 1st.

I think Johnson has value and that someone would take his contract. They wouldn't pay anything for it, but I think they'd take him off waivers.

waivers is an interesting option but johnson really skates like lead out there and i'd be worried he'd demotivate the younger guys with actual speed.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 3:25 a.m.
    Winnipeg is desperate for a 2C. So much so that they're considering trading Laine to get one. Someone would take him.

As you say, he had a down year and isn't living up to his contract. Tampa's cap situation is well known. I don't think anyone would fault them for waiving a player on a bad contract that refused to waive his NTC when asked. It's not like they moved him in the first year of his deal. He played a full 4 seasons under that contract.
    I disagree with the premise that Johnson is a 2C at this point in his career. He's not. Hence why he'd be getting waived.

If Tampa just needed cap space and wanted to waive a player based on where they play in the lineup it would be Gourde (a bottom 6 foward on their team) But Gourde isn't showing the same decline year over year in the advanced metrics categories. Like the person above feels: Johnson is on the decline and going to be a bottom 6 player going forward. It even showed up in the playoffs: Gourde was a + 12 in the playoffs vs Johnson's -6. Other teams can see this too. 5M in cap space on a flat cap for 4 years when the player is already starting to decline is a problem. Johnson's style of play along with his wear and tear already will make this decline steeper than others. Other GM's will let him pass through knowing they can extract a better player if he does.

Tampa's going to have to make cap trades (not hockey ones) and not hope another team takes the player they want to lose the most on waivers.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 3:30 a.m.
    Log off the internet
    I'm convinced he has some long-term injury. He skated very oddly tonight.
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 1:21 p.m.
    BOLT LOVER
    Look .. Tuler Johnso sucks and we should trade him to a wussie West Coast team for 4th round draft pick .. MOST important off season move Tampa needs to make .. frees up 5M for Cirelli
    Sep. 29, 2020 at 1:35 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: CoopsTroops

You mean Seattle Kraken forward from Spokane, Washington. TJ

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll