SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

Who are the most NHL ready prospects in this draft?

Sep. 29, 2020 at 7:29 a.m.
Canes Baby
Im pretty familiar with the top 10 players of this draft.

Is there anyone outside of the top 10 that could make the jump to the NHL?

Im specifically looking at Carolina. The most likely pick is Askarov, but if we were to choose a forward, it would be nice to see the jump right away.
Sep. 29, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Beyond Lafreniere, I think the only other NHL-ready name is Anton Lundell. I really like those top European leagues because of how well they translate at or above the AHL-level, and Lundell's apt to play about 100 games at that level, likely maintaining his >0.5 point-per-game pace. It would strictly depend on his NHL deal being able to override his current deal in Finland, but with the NHL season looking to start up shortly after the World Juniors, it could be a possibility.

I'm hesitant with Rossi - his size is always going to leave questions - but I don't think the OHL can offer him much more at this point. I'd like to see him in some games in the NLA before I make that decision.

I think the potential for contract issues regarding European players and their new NHL clubs could deter the typical 9-game stints we see. If North American teams were set to start on their typical dates, I'd be willing to accommodate Byfield too, but if the consensus ideology regarding his development is more cautious, then he's probably in the OHL for the whole season.

Askarov is bound to his KHL contract, and terminating it is a tricky business. I don't think he could come over for 2 years minimum.
TheCoontniac liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll