Created By: Salzy
Published: Sep. 30, 2020 at 10:43 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
3Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose Sharks
4Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
5Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
6Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Lets say the top 5 goes like this, or some combination that leaves both Raymond and Drysdale on the board for us, who would you rather us take? I lean towards Raymond because I feel the gap between him and the RWs at 27 is much Larger than the gap between Drysdale and guys like Grans and Barron. Should we be trading up into the teens and potentially take Drysdale and Quinn or a similar player?
7Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
9Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
10Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I could see WPG trading down if the board plays out like this
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-
12Logo of the Florida Panthers-
13Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
14Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
15Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
16Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
17Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
18Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
19Logo of the Calgary Flames-
20Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
21Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
22Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
23Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
24Logo of the Washington Capitals-
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
27Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
28Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New York Islanders
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
30Logo of the Dallas Stars-
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Sep. 30, 2020 at 10:44 a.m.
Lets say the top 5 goes like this, or some combination that leaves both Raymond and Drysdale on the board for us, who would you rather us take? I lean towards Raymond because I feel the gap between him and the RWs at 27 is much Larger than the gap between Drysdale and guys like Grans and Barron. Should we be trading up into the teens and potentially take Drysdale and Quinn or a similar player?

@OldNYIfan @HadesOfSoCal @Jah1722 @Swedenheim I know I missed some, tag whoever I missed if you notice someone
OldNYIfan, BuckoJoyde, AGKH123 and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 10:54 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I'm a Drysdale voter. Guys like Tyson Foerster or Jacob Perreault or Ozzy Weisblatt or John-Jason Peterka or Lukas Reichel might be available at #27.

@BuckoJoyde
Salzy, BuckoJoyde, brendenjakob and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:10 a.m.
Xx_Zegras46_xX
I’d be really upset if we pass over Rossi or Raymond to draft Drysdale when it’s a deep draft and 2021 draft is supposed to be stacked with defense. Rossi and Raymond are unbelievable players and I think we should draft one of them if they’re available.
BuckoJoyde, Salzy and AGKH123 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:20 a.m.
Being wrong is ok
Edited Sep. 30, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
Such hard decision. Personally I would consider Rossi very heavily if he was available here(probably gone by 5). It would solidify our center core and someone Like steel could be moved to the wing if needed. But if we were strictly picking between Drysdale and Raymond. Id choose Drysdale.
However, I see just from looking at the stat sheet Raymond is scoring and thats something I foresaw him struggling to do in the nhl. So I could be complete wrong. A guy who does scouting that goes by scouching (Might be wrong on the name) is big on Raymond and believes he should be a top 3 pick in this draft. I dont see it but he did hit on somethings from the 2019 draft like Newhook, kaliyev, and even Zegras.
As for the 27th I predicted us getting Mysak with Grans being available. But looking at recent information both could be gone by 27th and with the 2nd round being so deep I dont know if im all for trading those picks to move up 4ish spots.
Lastly, I dont see us willing to give up the assets needed to get in the teens.
The 6th selection is such a tough spot. Its almost like I want the choice made for us. Cause picking from whats available here is so tough.

@OldNYIfan thanks for including me.

@Arlotti47
Stgstg55, Salzy, OldNYIfan and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:29 a.m.
Banned
Doubt Raymond makes it past Ottawa at #5.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:31 a.m.
Quoting: BuckoJoyde
Such hard decision. Personally I would consider Rossi very heavily if he was available here(probably gone by 5). It would solidify are center core and someone Like steel could be moved to the wing if needed. But if we were strictly picking between Drysdale and Raymond. Id choose Drysdale.
However, I see just from looking at the stat sheet Raymond is scoring and thats something I foresaw him struggling to do in the nhl. So I could be complete wrong. A guy who does scouting that goes by scouching (Might be wrong on the name) is big on Raymond and believes he should be a top 5 pick in this draft. I dont see it but he did hit on somethings from the 2019 draft like Newhook, kaliyev, and even Zegras.
As for the 27th I predicted us getting Mysak with Grans being available. But looking at recent information both could be gone by 27th and with the 2nd round being so deep I dont know if im all for trading those picks to move up 4ish spots.
Lastly, I dont see us willing to give up the assets needed to get in the teens.
The 6th selection is such a tough spot. Its almost like I want the choice made for us. Cause picking from whats available here is so tough.

@OldNYIfan thanks for including me.

I knew I was missing someone! sorry about that ahah Im not as high on Rossi as most, I wouldnt even consider him at 6 tbh. I would go Holtz or Perfetti if Drysdale and Raymond are gone. Thats the beauty of the draft though, no one really knows who is the best pick, especially in a draft this deep, Draft day cant some soon enough and answer these questions for us
OldNYIfan and AGKH123 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Doubt Raymond makes it past Ottawa at #5.

I agree, figured it would be a fun pre-draft discussion though seeing that Marek report of Quinn/Sanderson/Askarov at 5 (I only see Sanderson as possible myself there)
OldNYIfan and AGKH123 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:35 a.m.
TrevorZegraaa
Personally, I’d take Drysdale at 6th. There are some nice snipers at the end of the first round with Brisson, Foerster, Perreault. Sure they might not have the same caliber as Holtz or Raymond, but if they develop properly, they can easily become top 6 players. Plus, taking a defenseman this year and next year would replenish our D pipeline. Not bad to have two defensemen with top 2/top 4 potential. Also, I’m not sold on Grans nor Barron. Grans would be a project and we would need to take our time with him. He’s a boom or bust pick, but if he turns out to show his potential, he would be a steal. Barron had that unfortunate blood clot that dropped him severely down the rankings. It would be a risk to take him. I was also high on Barron at the beginning of the 2019-20 season. If Drysdale isn’t available, then I’d go for Rossi, Raymond, Holtz. In that order
Salzy, OldNYIfan and AGKH123 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:36 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Salzy
I agree, figured it would be a fun pre-draft discussion though seeing that Marek report of Quinn/Sanderson/Askarov at 5 (I only see Sanderson as possible myself there)

Plus Detroit's head Swedish scout Hakan Andersson is also heavily scouting Raymond. So i'd be surprised if either Detroit or Ottawa passed on him.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:56 a.m.
Being wrong is ok
I knew I was missing someone! sorry about that ahah Im not as high on Rossi as most, I wouldnt even consider him at 6 tbh. I would go Holtz or Perfetti if Drysdale and Raymond are gone. Thats the beauty of the draft though, no one really knows who is the best pick, especially in a draft this deep, Draft day cant some soon enough and answer these questions for us

Id let Holtz drop. Despite the talent and good numbers he's too much of a liability. He has high a scoring percentage from low danger areas. Which could showcase his shooting ability but could also show his inability to create chances. Furthermore, he as some crazy stat like while on ice his line will face more shots on defense compared to most in this draft class. My ranking is this Assuming The top 3 stay in the top 3 you know

1. Rossi(Detroit picks him imo)
2.Drysdale(Ottawa picks him imo)
3. Lucas Raymond
4. Cole Perfetti (with recent comments I can see him drop.)
5. Jack Quinn (kid really knows how to score genos)
6. Rodion Amriov (Really Biased, not worth 6 overall)
7. Anton Lundell
8. Alexander Holtz (yea im really anti holtz I guess)
I would be shocked if we picked him. We passed on Kaliyev for Tracey who we could of possibly gotten in the second. I know many favor Tracey for reasons such as possession and driving play. But AK could really be a big time scorer.
Salzy, AGKH123 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 1:40 p.m.
I rarely do more than like and read posts on here but this intrigued me. I'd lean towards Drysdale as well, Dont want a Hughes or Makar type player to slide past us (Drysdale may not be on the level of those two but would suck to see)
BuckoJoyde, OldNYIfan and Salzy liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 1:47 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: AGKH123
I rarely do more than like and read posts on here but this intrigued me. I'd lean towards Drysdale as well, Dont want a Hughes or Makar type player to slide past us (Drysdale may not be on the level of those two but would suck to see)

Agree completely. We don't need a Hughes/Makar/Heiskanen gamebreaker/Calder Trophy candidate. We need a steady Brandon Carlo type, and if Drysdale turns out to be that, we'll be happy; if he turns out better, we'll be ecstatic.
Salzy liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 1:48 p.m.
Jah1722
Lets say the top 5 goes like this, or some combination that leaves both Raymond and Drysdale on the board for us, who would you rather us take? I lean towards Raymond because I feel the gap between him and the RWs at 27 is much Larger than the gap between Drysdale and guys like Grans and Barron. Should we be trading up into the teens and potentially take Drysdale and Quinn or a similar player?

@OldNYIfan @HadesOfSoCal @Jah1722 @Swedenheim I know I missed some, tag whoever I missed if you notice someone

I won’t lie I’m not a big draft prospect guy. But I’m a believer of best player available. If the team rates the players closely then draft for needs.

If the ducks rate both Raymond and Drysdale as top line/pair players they should take Drysdale as high end Dmen are more important than high end wingers. Otherwise whoever they rate higher.
Salzy and OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 4:03 p.m.
I think GMBM is walking away day 1 with Holtz and Grans in hand (although it’s possible Grans could be taken before 27)
If Drysdale is available then I think it’s 50/50 on if he gets taken. GMBM at the end of the season said that the biggest issue with his team was that no one on the team could hit a decent one timer. If you look at the prospect pool that sentiment doesnt really change, the best shooter is probably Comtois who probably hits his ceiling at 25 goals a season. Holtz is often portrayed as a one dimensional player who only shoots, frankly I disagree, I wouldn’t call him a playmaker but I would say he can make a play, he did have the same number of assists as Raymond, his passing is pretty good and he isn’t half bad at facilitating offense, his skating is decent and he can turn on the jets when he gets a breakaway, his stick handling another underrated part of his game as well, the biggest critique of his game is his lack of defense but frankly I think that plenty of kids this age have that same issue and it gets fixed eventually, just look at how Laine played this season, and especially by the Ducks player development team and coaching staff they could easily remedy that flaw. Also Holtz has a bit of size to him and GMBM tends to prefer players >6ft. Drysdale would be a fine pick but I think next year will be the year to use a high pick for D. @BuckoJoyde brought up that a majority of his shot attempts come from low danger areas which I agree can be seen as a critique, but on the other hand can be seen as potential. It’s important to note that Holtz is playing with 3rd or 4th liners, not the kind of guys who can get him a pass through multiple defenders and get him a shot in a high danger area, pair Holtz with a guy like Zegras who can make that pass and boom you have yourself a higher danger shooter, just look at how well he plays with Raymond in the WJC for proof. I’ve got a class starting in a couple minutes so I will come back and finish this essay later because I got far too involved and still want to touch on Drysdale and Grans.
Salzy liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 7:13 p.m.
In the case of Drysdale the conversation for me starts at the fact that he likely isn’t even available on top of that i am frankly much more a fan of the defensemen available next year, Brandt Clarke, Owen Power, Simon Edvinsson so on and so forth. In that draft we get to pick a defensemen, in this draft we are kinda stuck with one, unless we reach on Sanderson who isn’t the type of player I think the ducks need really. I don’t really have complaints about Drysdale and I’ll be happy if he is in a Ducks Jersey in a week without a doubt but I just don’t think this is our year to go high for a D. Meanwhile with Grans I think he fits the bill for what GMBM wants and rumor is the Ducks brass are quite high on him. GMBM and AGM Madden went to Sweden and saw him play in person according to an attendance sheet. GMBM also really likes bigger Dmen, Grans being 6’3 fits that bill. A lot of people consider Grans as boom or bust but perhaps GMBM sees a high likelihood for Grans to hit the ceiling he is described as having. Personally I like Grans and the fact he is so big and so quick, he would be my pick at 27. Then I would come back to a forward with 36.
Salzy liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll