Forums/Armchair-GM

Just send it

Created by: jgimp69
Team: 2020-21 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 30, 2020
Published: Sep. 30, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Time to send PoMo and his antiquated coaching style off to the glue factory. Bring in a coach that can develop the young kids.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$725,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
7$6,000,000
1$1,000,000
1$1,250,000
2$1,750,000
1$925,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,750,000
1$1,500,000
Trades
WPG
  1. Leddy, Nick
Additional Details:
This clears some much needed cap to sign Barzal and Pulock.
NYI
  1. Stanley, Logan
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
We give up a 3rd and a bit of a reclamation project but get a great 2nd pair D to shelter Heinola and Samberg
WPG
  1. 2020 6th round pick (STL)
Additional Details:
Ottawa gets a serviceable B6 player who is overpaid by about 1M
OTT
  1. Perreault, Mathieu ($1,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Jets get a late pick but clear a spot for Vesa
WPG
  1. Cirelli, Anthony [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Cirelli is stuck as a 3C in TBay. He walks right into the 2C and 2nd PP unit in Winnipeg and gets huge ice time.
TBL
  1. Smith, Nathan [Reserve List]
  2. 2021 1st round pick (WPG)
  3. 2022 2nd round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Winnipeg gives up more than what an offersheet would be and a hometown boy in Smith who is trending very well and looks to be rounding out into a potential mid 6 player.
WPG
  1. Borgström, Henrik [RFA Rights]
FLA
  1. Niku, Sami [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Change of scenery for both players.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$76,432,025$0$1,132,500$5,067,975
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 6
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,995,000$4,995,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,280,000$2,280,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 8
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 4
Logo of the New York Islanders
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
LD
RFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$894,167$894,167
LD
RFA - 4
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 30, 2020 at 7:55 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
A 3rd should be enough for Leddy considering the cap crunch the Islanders are in, might as well hang onto Stanley and see if he figures it out.
jgimp69 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 7:58 p.m.
WingusAmingus
****ing.... SEND IT!
California Golden Seals
jgimp69 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
Boi
Tampa declines they will be able to sign cirelli for that much also cirelli is the 2c in Tampa and gets rotated between 1st and 2nd pp
Sep. 30, 2020 at 8:04 p.m.
Jet69
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
A 3rd should be enough for Leddy considering the cap crunch the Islanders are in, might as well hang onto Stanley and see if he figures it out.

I thought that too, but with Heinola, Chisholm, Gawanke and Dahlstrom, I figured that adding Stanley might just push that trade over the edge
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 8:05 p.m.
Jet69
Edited Sep. 30, 2020 at 8:25 p.m.
Quoting: Bigboi69
Tampa declines they will be able to sign cirelli for that much also cirelli is the 2c in Tampa and gets rotated between 1st and 2nd pp

Where is Tampa (as of now) getting the money to sign him, let alone the other RFAs they need to sign?
Sep. 30, 2020 at 8:18 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: jgimp69
Wheee is Tampa (as of now) getting the money to sign him, let alone the other RFAs they need to sign?

Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak will all sign team friendly bridge deals, Palat will waive his NTC and be traded, Killorn will be traded as well, Johnson and Gourde stay.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 8:24 p.m.
Jet69
Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak will all sign team friendly bridge deals, Palat will waive his NTC and be traded, Killorn will be traded as well, Johnson and Gourde stay.

Stars and moon need to align for that one!
Sep. 30, 2020 at 8:34 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Stars and moon need to align for that one!

Not really, Point took a team friendly bridge deal so why couldn't those three? Guys want to play for Tampa, they'll play ball.

Killorn only has a 16 team no trade list, he'll be easy to find a trade partner for and that leaves only one guy needing to waive, I think that'll be Palat as there will be more interest in him then the other two but one of Gourde or Johnson could waive if there's interest, Gourde's stock probably went up after his playoffs.

Tampa always seems to figure out their cap issues and I'm sure they will this time.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 9:02 p.m.
Jet69
Not really, Point took a team friendly bridge deal so why couldn't those three? Guys want to play for Tampa, they'll play ball.

Killorn only has a 16 team no trade list, he'll be easy to find a trade partner for and that leaves only one guy needing to waive, I think that'll be Palat as there will be more interest in him then the other two but one of Gourde or Johnson could waive if there's interest, Gourde's stock probably went up after his playoffs.

Tampa always seems to figure out their cap issues and I'm sure they will this time.

I have zero doubt that these guys want to play in Tampa. That said, almost, if not all teams are running, or trying to run a internal cap. Most teams are going to look to shed salary as we have already seen with buy outs so far. And going with the theory all these guys want to play there, why would anyone waive when they have negotiated their clauses in the first place. Killorn could simply make a list of teams he knows can’t afford him. Palat is somewhat affordable and would be easier to move than Gourde just based on that, but again it may be hard finding a suitor, and again, why would he waive? I have no doubt they will fall on a horseshoe and get it wedged up there nicely and everything will fall into place, but I still think they lose one of their RFAs and if I’m Tampa, I’m focusing on Serg and Cernak
Sep. 30, 2020 at 9:18 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I have zero doubt that these guys want to play in Tampa. That said, almost, if not all teams are running, or trying to run a internal cap. Most teams are going to look to shed salary as we have already seen with buy outs so far. And going with the theory all these guys want to play there, why would anyone waive when they have negotiated their clauses in the first place. Killorn could simply make a list of teams he knows can’t afford him. Palat makes big money and again, may be hard finding a suitor, and again, why would he waive? I have no doubt they will fall on a horseshoe and get it wedged up there nicely and everything will fall into place, but I still think they lose one of their RFAs and if I’m Tampa, I’m focusing on Serg and Cernak

Ottawa is broke so hence the buyout, it saves them real dollars.
NY needs cap space to sign their RFAs, I guess they couldn't find another sucker to take Lundqvist for only a paltry 2nd round pick so they had to go the buyout route, doubt the Rangers ownership is worried about money.
If they're asked maybe they'll waive, could teams that need wingers not try to acquire Killorn or Palat if Tampa is willing to give them away?
I just keep thinking that Brisebois must of known there'd be a market for these guys and that some would waive when he added a couple guys with term at the TDL.
Also Cernak won't be getting a big increase as he's not a point producer and none of these three RFA'S have arbitration rights, what are they really going to do in this weird offseason? Hold out and go play in Russia?.. Lol.. Don't see that happening, idk, there isn't a lot of cap space around the league but Tampa always seems to figure out their cap issues and I'm sure they will this time.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 9:30 p.m.

I wish for the Jets sake, you were wrong, but unfortunately you are exactly right.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 10:31 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
Ottawa is broke so hence the buyout, it saves them real dollars.
NY needs cap space to sign their RFAs, I guess they couldn't find another sucker to take Lundqvist for only a paltry 2nd round pick so they had to go the buyout route, doubt the Rangers ownership is worried about money.
If they're asked maybe they'll waive, could teams that need wingers not try to acquire Killorn or Palat if Tampa is willing to give them away?
I just keep thinking that Brisebois must of known there'd be a market for these guys and that some would waive when he added a couple guys with term at the TDL.
Also Cernak won't be getting a big increase as he's not a point producer and none of these three RFA'S have arbitration rights, what are they really going to do in this weird offseason? Hold out and go play in Russia?.. Lol.. Don't see that happening, idk, there isn't a lot of cap space around the league but Tampa always seems to figure out their cap issues and I'm sure they will this time.

To be honest I would still love to steal one of those guys potentially moved off of Tampa, they are all good players that they just can't simply afford anymore. Here would be who I hope Chevy would target in order: Cernak (need), Killorn (amazing middle six guy), Palat (same thing), Gourde (would be the best option for 2C that we would have), Johnson (more of a 3C at this point, but still good nonetheless). All of these guys would be great adds for the Jets and likely won't cost much more than some mid round picks or decent prospects given the situation Tampa is in. Even if we can't land Sergachev or Cirelli, Chevy should still have his eyes on them.
jgimp69 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 10:56 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: bunzy1034
To be honest I would still love to steal one of those guys potentially moved off of Tampa, they are all good players that they just can't simply afford anymore. Here would be who I hope Chevy would target in order: Cernak (need), Killorn (amazing middle six guy), Palat (same thing), Gourde (would be the best option for 2C that we would have), Johnson (more of a 3C at this point, but still good nonetheless). All of these guys would be great adds for the Jets and likely won't cost much more than some mid round picks or decent prospects given the situation Tampa is in. Even if we can't land Sergachev or Cirelli, Chevy should still have his eyes on them.

Oh yeah they'd all be good adds for the Jets just don't know how likely they are to be heading to Winnipeg. I've been saying it for years that the Jets depth just isn't there to compete, Lowry and Copp are overrated in Jetsville, they're 4th line players yet they're 3rd line staples in Winnipeg, you look at Tampa's bottom 6 and they're mostly guys who can slide up and still contribute, the Jets don't have that and really that's what you need to truly contend, hopefully Roslovic and Harkins can be those players, time will tell.

But if we're being realistic how likely is it that any of those guys become a Jet? A lot of those guys have trade protection and we know where Winnipeg ranks on most of those no trade lists, it's possible that one of them could waive but it's probably not likely, I see Cernak as the most possible of any guy from the Lightning becoming a cap casualty and that the Jets could acquire, Chevy should be trying hard to get him, he'd really fill one of the big holes this team has, a big RHD to pair with Morrissey.
bunzy1034 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 10:59 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
Oh yeah they'd all be good adds for the Jets just don't know how likely they are to be heading to Winnipeg. I've been saying it for years that the Jets depth just isn't there to compete, Lowry and Copp are overrated in Jetsville, they're 4th line players yet they're 3rd line staples in Winnipeg, you look at Tampa's bottom 6 and they're mostly guys who can slide up and still contribute, the Jets don't have that and really that's what you need to truly contend, hopefully Roslovic and Harkins can be those players, time will tell.

But if we're being realistic how likely is it that any of those guys become a Jet? A lot of those guys have trade protection and we know where Winnipeg ranks on most of those no trade lists, it's possible that one of them could waive but it's probably not likely, I see Cernak as the most possible of any guy from the Lightning becoming a cap casualty and that the Jets could acquire, Chevy should be trying hard to get him, he'd really fill one of the big holes this team has, a big RHD to pair with Morrissey.

Yup the Jets are on a lot of lists unfortunately. Copp is a good player and I also like Harkins and Appleton, but we definitely need to be get deeper there because Lowry and Perrault are not what they used to be even a couple of years ago. Might have to settle on the FA market for some prove it deals.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:05 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Windjammer
I wish for the Jets sake, you were wrong, but unfortunately you are exactly right.

All last offseason all the talk was how were some teams going to afford their RFAs and many of them signed reasonable bridge deals and Point was one of them, I see no reason why Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak won't do the same.

I'm really not trying to **** on any Jets fans dreams of poaching some talent from the Lightning.. Lol
Hell I hope Chevy can grab someone good from them for a minimal acquisition cost but I just don't see them giving up Cirelli or Sergachev and the others have trade protection so that could be an issue, Cernak seems possible though if no one will waive and if so I hope Chevy makes a serious effort to get him!
Windjammer liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:15 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Yup the Jets are on a lot of lists unfortunately. Copp is a good player and I also like Harkins and Appleton, but we definitely need to be get deeper there because Lowry and Perrault are not what they used to be even a couple of years ago. Might have to settle on the FA market for some prove it deals.

If there was ever a year the Jets should be able to sign some decent free agents it'd be this one, even just some vets or guys who need to rebuild their careers might be worth giving a shot to, wonder if Galchenyuk would be worth taking a flyer on, also wonder what Granlund will get, I bet he'll rebound next season, he's a playmaker the Jets could use, the Jets have a lot of shooters but not enough playmakers.

Honestly I know the talk is mostly about the defense but if it was me I'd just make some minor additions to the backend and invest the most effort and cap space on centers, wingers and majorly reshaping the bottom 6.
bunzy1034 liked this.
Sep. 30, 2020 at 11:22 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
If there was ever a year the Jets should be able to sign some decent free agents it'd be this one, even just some vets or guys who need to rebuild their careers might be worth giving a shot to, wonder if Galchenyuk would be worth taking a flyer on, also wonder what Granlund will get, I bet he'll rebound next season, he's a playmaker the Jets could use, the Jets have a lot of shooters but not enough playmakers.

Honestly I know the talk is mostly about the defense but if it was me I'd just make some minor additions to the backend and invest the most effort and cap space on centers, wingers and majorly reshaping the bottom 6.

Players like Namestnikov, Craig Smith, Granlund, Jesper Fast, Maroon, just to name a few would be good additions to the forward group. There is no doubt that are defence ain't going to cut it, but Heinola has been one of the best defenceman in the Liiga so far playing RD, so he could be the answer to fit as our #1 RD of the future, I also think Samberg will be a top 4 guy. It will take a couple of years for that to really solidly but by then we still need better depth at all facets of the game (including a good backup goalie that can give Helle a break)
Oct. 1, 2020 at 11:13 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Players like Namestnikov, Craig Smith, Granlund, Jesper Fast, Maroon, just to name a few would be good additions to the forward group. There is no doubt that are defence ain't going to cut it, but Heinola has been one of the best defenceman in the Liiga so far playing RD, so he could be the answer to fit as our #1 RD of the future, I also think Samberg will be a top 4 guy. It will take a couple of years for that to really solidly but by then we still need better depth at all facets of the game (including a good backup goalie that can give Helle a break)

A top pair of Morrissey-Heinola would be pretty small, not something I'd trust in the playoffs.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll