SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

habs package for laine

Created by: jazouri
Published: Oct. 1, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 124/125 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kulak, BrettMontreal CanadiensNHL-$1,835,200111---0000--
Domi, MaxMontreal CanadiensNHL-$0111---0000--
Poehling, RyanWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensMinor-$0011---0000--
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---010------
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Laine, PatrikWinnipeg JetsNHL-$6,696,000111---0000--
2020 5th round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$10,202,0241941563918
Change-$4,860,800-1-2-2-1-11
Final$5,341,224 (↓)18 (↓)39 (↓)54 (↓)2 (↓)8 (↓)19 (↑)000

Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWinnipeg Jets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Laine, PatrikWinnipeg JetsNHL-$6,696,000111---0000--
2020 5th round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kulak, BrettMontreal CanadiensNHL-$1,835,200111---0000--
Domi, MaxMontreal CanadiensNHL-$0111---0000--
Poehling, RyanWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensMinor-$0011---0000--
2020 2nd round pick (Logo of the St. Louis BluesSTL)---010------
2021 1st round pick (Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$15,577,145132841359
Change$4,860,80012211-1
Final$20,437,945 (↑)14 (↑)30 (↑)43 (↑)4 (↑)6 (↑)8 (↓)000
who wins this trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 1, 2020 at 3:19 p.m.
The same lowball, low quality offer that has been turned down by Jets and unbiased fans about 100 times.
Oct. 1, 2020 at 3:27 p.m.
Justin
how is this a low quality offer? the asking price for Laine is a 2nd Line centre, 2nd pairing d and a first. This trade gives that plus a prospect and a 2nd in addition.
Oct. 1, 2020 at 4:04 p.m.
Quoting: jazouri
how is this a low quality offer? the asking price for Laine is a 2nd Line centre, 2nd pairing d and a first. This trade gives that plus a prospect and a 2nd in addition.

Domi with only 2 years of term before UFA isn't a good enough starting piece and you're missing a top 4RHD. Poehling and Kulak together have slightly above no value.
Oct. 1, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
Justin
Quoting: Windjammer
Domi with only 2 years of term before UFA isn't a good enough starting piece and you're missing a top 4RHD. Poehling and Kulak together have slightly above no value.

First of all, I dont know what your saying about Domi having 2 years then being a ufa. Domi is an rfa this year so the jets can choose his contract. Second poheling is a good prospect and kulak is a good 2nd pairing d. and on top of that we are giving you a first and second round pick.
Oct. 1, 2020 at 7:54 p.m.
Quoting: jazouri
First of all, I dont know what your saying about Domi having 2 years then being a ufa. Domi is an rfa this year so the jets can choose his contract. Second poheling is a good prospect and kulak is a good 2nd pairing d. and on top of that we are giving you a first and second round pick.

Domi is an RFA with arbitration rights. He just switched agents and wants to be either overpaid long term or arbitrate his way to UFA in 2 years which is his agent's specialty. So, he holds no interest for Winnipeg at all.

Poehling is a meh prospect that may have 3C potential, so not worth much. Kulak is a 5/6, defenseman at best and similar players can be obtained for free. So Kulak is worthless. The picks are nice, but Winnipeg wouldn't return the call on this offer.
Oct. 1, 2020 at 8:35 p.m.
Justin
How do you know Domi wants to be overpaid. I think he would gladly accept a fair offer from his birthplace Winnipeg and would for sure want more than 2 years. Kulak is also a solid d and was great in the playoffs. Poheling has 2 center potential and throwing in 2 picks just for Laine is a completely fair deal. What about if the deal was for the 2020 first round pick (16th) instead of the 2021 first round pick?
Oct. 1, 2020 at 9:36 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle

‘Poehling and Kulak together have slightly above no value’

This is garbage. You’re being a biased Jets fan. Kulak was fire offensively in the playoffs and can hold his own in the D zone, he’s probably worth a third round pick
Poehling is a versatile center prospect who will easily get a second if not more.
Oct. 1, 2020 at 9:42 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Domi is an RFA with arbitration rights. He just switched agents and wants to be either overpaid long term or arbitrate his way to UFA in 2 years which is his agent's specialty. So, he holds no interest for Winnipeg at all.

Poehling is a meh prospect that may have 3C potential, so not worth much. Kulak is a 5/6, defenseman at best and similar players can be obtained for free. So Kulak is worthless. The picks are nice, but Winnipeg wouldn't return the call on this offer.

Domi arbitrating to UFA is better than pending RFA Laine who will ask something way above what he’s worth. Don’t talk about Domi’s contract, Laine’s situation is 1000 times worse

‘Poehling is a meh prospect that may have 3C potential’

After this statement, I concluded that you had never watched Poehling play. He is still a first round pick, and may I remind you, offense isn’t everything. Laine May score every four games or so, but a versatile 2 way centreman is often more valuable to a team. Poehling still has 2C potential on a team that has room, such as Winnipeg

‘Kulak is worthless’

You must not watch Habs games at all. You’re just assuming he’s bad because he was featured in a ‘lowball’ Laine trade. Kulak can play top four minutes if needed, he has impressive offensive talent and is defensively sound. He was amazing in the playoffs, which you obviously didn’t watch as well.
jazouri liked this.
Oct. 1, 2020 at 10:34 p.m.
Edited Oct. 1, 2020 at 10:53 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
Domi arbitrating to UFA is better than pending RFA Laine who will ask something way above what he’s worth. Don’t talk about Domi’s contract, Laine’s situation is 1000 times worse

‘Poehling is a meh prospect that may have 3C potential’

After this statement, I concluded that you had never watched Poehling play. He is still a first round pick, and may I remind you, offense isn’t everything. Laine May score every four games or so, but a versatile 2 way centreman is often more valuable to a team. Poehling still has 2C potential on a team that has room, such as Winnipeg

‘Kulak is worthless’

You must not watch Habs games at all. You’re just assuming he’s bad because he was featured in a ‘lowball’ Laine trade. Kulak can play top four minutes if needed, he has impressive offensive talent and is defensively sound. He was amazing in the playoffs, which you obviously didn’t watch as well.

You've actually proved my point with everything you said.

Domi has 2 years of team control left. Laine has 3 years, 1 left in his current contract and is 1 year away from having arbitration rights. With Domi's new agent and wanting to be overpaid, only a Montreal homer would think Domi's contact situation is better. Laine is a vastly superior player with a far better contract situation, making Domi a non-starter on trade talks.

Then you say Poehling may not score much, but is a versatile two way center. So, you're saying he's a 3C at best as he doesn't have the offense to be a 2C. So, not worth much then as every team has players that can play two way center and not provide any offense. Poehling also being a first round pick is kind of funny when you realize Montreal specializes in drafting busts with their first round pick. Poehling certainly looks to be fitting that mold.

Then you say Kulak can play top 4 minutes if needed, which means as we all know, that he should only play top 4 minutes in an emergency because he's a bottom pairing defenseman. Which is exactly what I said and as a bottom pairing is worthless in a trade for an elite 22 year old winger.

Thank you for proving it is a lowball offer.
Oct. 2, 2020 at 10:31 a.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
You've actually proved my point with everything you said.

Domi has 2 years of team control left. Laine has 3 years, 1 left in his current contract and is 1 year away from having arbitration rights. With Domi's new agent and wanting to be overpaid, only a Montreal homer would think Domi's contact situation is better. Laine is a vastly superior player with a far better contract situation, making Domi a non-starter on trade talks.

Then you say Poehling may not score much, but is a versatile two way center. So, you're saying he's a 3C at best as he doesn't have the offense to be a 2C. So, not worth much then as every team has players that can play two way center and not provide any offense. Poehling also being a first round pick is kind of funny when you realize Montreal specializes in drafting busts with their first round pick. Poehling certainly looks to be fitting that mold.

Then you say Kulak can play top 4 minutes if needed, which means as we all know, that he should only play top 4 minutes in an emergency because he's a bottom pairing defenseman. Which is exactly what I said and as a bottom pairing is worthless in a trade for an elite 22 year old winger.

Thank you for proving it is a lowball offer.

You don't realize your downfalls

Domi doesn't have two years left before he becomes a UFA; that's speculation. You're treating it like it's the surest thing in the universe.
Even so, he will gain a lot of assets at the TDL as a rental if you don't want to keep him, which is bs because you really need a guy like him and should take him no matter the contract issues, which are next to none
You also said that Laine is a vastly superior player. Lmao. Last year, Domi outscored Laine by 30 points in the same amount of games. THIRTY! You have way less leverage than you think, Laine is inconsistent, overhyped, and a diva. I don't know why the Habs want him, he's not worth the hassle

I never said he's a 3C at best. You're just making stuff up now. I said he's a versatile 2-way centre. You don't seem to like 2-way centers all that much. May I remind you that Patrice Bergeron, Sean Couturier, and Anthony Cirelli are all very good two-way centres? Not that I'm comparing Poehling to them, it's just that you vastly underestimate how valuable a quality two way centre is. MTL has sharpened it's first round picking since 2016, the year Poehling was drafted. Ever heard of Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Mikhail Sergachev, and Cole Caufield? You must not have, because they're all studs. And if you looked closer, way closer than looking at what other Jets homers are saying, you'd realize that Poehling is pretty damn good too.

My man. You're insulting you're own team here. You had TUCKER POOLMAN playing emergency top four minutes. Kulak isn't a garbage call-up. He's a high-end top four defenceman on a team with crappy D depth like the Jets. So a top four D is worth a fair amount when trading to a team that really needs those players

Laine is not elite. McDavid is elite. Crosby is elite. Matthews is elite. Bergeron is elite. Point is elite. Hedman is elite. Josi is elite. Hellebuyck is elite. Laine is not in that category
jazouri liked this.
Oct. 2, 2020 at 10:42 a.m.
Lol. So. Now you're just making stuff up now. How is Domi having 44 points in 71 games to Laine's 63 points in 68 games outscoring Laine by 30 points? To people who can add and subtract it looks like Laine outscored Domi by 19 points in 3 less games.

Remember names like Tinordi, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen all first round busts drafted by Montreal. Poehling looks to be closer
to them than an NHL regular.

Kulak is worthless.
Oct. 2, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Lol. So. Now you're just making stuff up now. How is Domi having 44 points in 71 games to Laine's 63 points in 68 games outscoring Laine by 30 points? To people who can add and subtract it looks like Laine outscored Domi by 19 points in 3 less games.

Remember names like Tinordi, Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen all first round busts drafted by Montreal. Poehling looks to be closer
to them than an NHL regular.

Kulak is worthless.

Domi outscored Laine depressingly last year, not this year. Read the whole thing next time

Another example of you not reading it right. I’m starting to doubt you passed English in high school

I said we’ve sharpened our drafting since 2016. All those guys you mentioned were before that

You just ignore my points about Kulak. You’ve goven
Oct. 2, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
Domi outscored Laine depressingly last year, not this year. Read the whole thing next time

Another example of you not reading it right. I’m starting to doubt you passed English in high school

I said we’ve sharpened our drafting since 2016. All those guys you mentioned were before that

I see so you're cherry picking Domi's one fluke year and saying that it is his norm. Laine's second year as a 19 year old was within 2 points of Domi's fluke career year as a 24 year old. Laine is light years ahead of Domi in quality and value. No reasonable argument can be made to the contrary.
Oct. 2, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
Habs1289

There's no point in arguing with Windjammer he is clueless when it comes to other teams players.. Poehling easily has the potential to be like a danault or pavelski in the future.. Domi avg .67 points a game in his career and Laine .81 PPG .. so there value isn't as far off as you think ..
Remus liked this.
Oct. 2, 2020 at 12:47 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Quoting: habs1289
There's no point in arguing with Windjammer he is clueless when it comes to other teams players.. Poehling easily has the potential to be like a danault or pavelski in the future.. Domi avg .67 points a game in his career and Laine .81 PPG .. so there value isn't as far off as you think ..

I might as well. I don't take kindly to people, clueless or not, trashing my team

I see so you're cherry picking Domi's one fluke year and saying that it is his norm. Laine's second year as a 19 year old was within 2 points of Domi's fluke career year as a 24 year old. Laine is light years ahead of Domi in quality and value. No reasonable argument can be made to the contrary.

So I see you're changing your argument. What if this year was Domi's fluke year with the Habs and he'll get back to scoring 70 points? You may be half-correct, but you're also surrendering to me for your other arguments. So you have one tiny victory in a war. I claim victory
habs1289 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit