SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(LAK/CHI) - Morrison for Määttä

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 4, 2020 at 4:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I would say LA wins and Chicago loses ... that's my opinion. Maatta is a decent 3rd pairing d-man and tbh I've never even heard of Brad Morrison ... it sounds like people don't see him making the NHL, though.
Oct. 4, 2020 at 4:35 p.m.
Hawks Fan
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
I don't understand this from Chicago at all. Olli Maatta is at least a serviceable top 6 LHD that you traded Dominik Kahun for. The Hawks get back an ECHLer/AHLer which essentially is a wash. So begs the question, why wasn't he simply bought out?

$680K for 4 seasons. Hawks save more cap space and get essentially the same return. Nothing.

2 years at $750k is less than 4 years at $680k. Simple math. Don’t see anything wrong with it.

Also they have two RDs coming up who are NHL ready in Mitchell and Beaudin. The other RDs are Boqvist and Seabrook so there’s no room for Maatta. This was to make room for the younger guys.
OldNYIfan, Kelandry and RawDeal liked this.
Oct. 4, 2020 at 4:36 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: Jco5ta5
2 years at $750k is less than 4 years at $680k. Simple math. Don’t see anything wrong with it.

Also they have two RDs coming up who are NHL ready in Mitchell and Beaudin. The other RDs are Boqvist and Seabrook so there’s no room for Maatta. This was to make room for the younger guys.

You didn't receive anything of value within the trade, spending more money on retention than a buyout, and paid a solid player in Kahun for that said player. It's the epitome of poor asset management.
Oct. 4, 2020 at 5:31 p.m.
Hawks Fan
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
You didn't receive anything of value within the trade, spending more money on retention than a buyout, and paid a solid player in Kahun for that said player. It's the epitome of poor asset management.

I’m not arguing the deal is off. First of all Kahun doesn’t move the needle. It’s not like the Panarin for Saad debacle where they gave up a perenniel MVP candidate. And again everyone is saying it’s more money but it’s only 2 years rather than 4 and the “more money” is $70k. Hardly a drop in the bucket.

Bowman literally just dumped the salary. I don’t see too much wrong with this.

Hawks are also full of 3-4 guys who can fill bottom 6 roles as early as next year so again Kahun is replaceable and it’s kind of weak to argue the Kahun point. Big whoop they gave up a replaceable bottom 6 offenseman.
Oct. 4, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: buchiegang
Forget your meds today?

this man is a nolife, comments on every trade/signing, ignore him
Oct. 5, 2020 at 10:59 a.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Still wish Maatta was a penguin. Miss ya bud. Enjoy Cali!!
Oct. 5, 2020 at 4:32 p.m.
I reserve my vote until after UFA signing period. If the Hawks parlay this cap space into a contract for Markstrom, Hall, or Pietrangelo at a reasonable cap hit I will vote for CHI. Of course, they may need to trade Saad or Seabrook to make it work.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 5:29 p.m.
What a steal. Brad Morrison for Olli Maatta, 2019 5th Round Pick (Aku Raty), and Dominik Kahun. That's sound like a wonderful trade LOL.
Nov. 16, 2020 at 2:20 a.m.
TAVARES IS A LEAF
Quoting: buchiegang
Forget your meds today?

Cutie pie

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit