SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/CBJ) - Domi + 2020 3rd round pick for Anderson

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 6, 2020 at 5:57 p.m.
As a habs fan i try to see the positive in M.B. deals and in this one sure montreal overpays but the get the grit and right-wing help they need while offloading an extra center who would get paid more than anderson. Also considering we have 3 seconds losing a third isn't that bad
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 5:59 p.m.
25th coming up
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
3 years of Subban doing pretty decent production to Weber's 1 year of good production, and 3 more years of not being able to stay healthy for the entire season.

He's been on the same production rate since his arrival. He had one very bad injury midseason in 2017-18 and rejoined the team in November the following season.
And he missed 6 days this season, when for some unexplainable reason Nick Kypreos announced his retirement due to 'injury'...
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:02 p.m.
Best gm
Happy that we got Anderson but for Domi.. we lost the trade .

I tought we would of got more for Domi .

However , Anderson is a perfect fit for us!!!

Mix feelings . Lol
jpsnow13 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:07 p.m.
Quoting: Jo_Habs77
He's been on the same production rate since his arrival. He had one very bad injury midseason in 2017-18 and rejoined the team in November the following season.
And he missed 6 days this season, when for some unexplainable reason Nick Kypreos announced his retirement due to 'injury'...

Yes, but 1 bad injury, and 1 injury that lead to him only playing 58 games, then missing a little bit of time last year all adds up. He doesn't stay healthy, just because he's consistent doesn't make him better, His production still drops under what Subban had in production. With Weber on the team you have made playoffs 1 time, and 2 if you count this year. Subban made it every year while he was on Nashville. you have to look at all the aspects. You can be a homer all you want and say you would rather have Weber. Good for you.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
As a habs fan i try to see the positive in M.B. deals and in this one sure montreal overpays but the get the grit and right-wing help they need while offloading an extra center who would get paid more than anderson. Also considering we have 3 seconds losing a third isn't that bad

It's the earliest one of the three though -_-
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
25th coming up
Quoting: drewjenkins
Weber is 35 and signed at $8,000,000 for 6 more years bro.

Tell us who won the trade in 2027 aight?

*7,587,000 till 2026*

I'll get back to you in 2027 as per your request, cheers!
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Did something happen to Max Domi? This pretty much cancels out all of the nice trades Bergevin made at the TDL and then some.

??? I'd take Anderson over Galchenyuk any day of the week. This doesn't cancel out anything. Domi lost the center job to Suzuki/KotkaniemI/Danault and played this entire playoff year on the 4th line. There wasn't room for him here.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:11 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Did you even watch Josh Anderson play this year?

What if I told you that his 1 goal / 4 points in 26 games doesn't tell the whole story?

Because he wasn't throwing any hits this year either. Or forechecking hard.

He was just kind of there, doing 4th liner things.

Is that exactly what you need?

It's almost like if he had an injury, right!?!?!?
HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.
25th coming up
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Yes, but 1 bad injury, and 1 injury that lead to him only playing 58 games, then missing a little bit of time last year all adds up. He doesn't stay healthy, just because he's consistent doesn't make him better, His production still drops under what Subban had in production. With Weber on the team you have made playoffs 1 time, and 2 if you count this year. Subban made it every year while he was on Nashville. you have to look at all the aspects. You can be a homer all you want and say you would rather have Weber. Good for you.

Oh, I'm definitely a homer, but I would have agreed with your viewpoint up until last season. Talking today, I think most consider it a win for MTL, time will tell how much longevity Weber will have
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: HabsForEver
??? I'd take Anderson over Galchenyuk any day of the week. This doesn't cancel out anything. Domi lost the center job to Suzuki/KotkaniemI/Danault and played this entire playoff year on the 4th line. There wasn't room for him here.

Quoting: jpsnow13
It's almost like if he had an injury, right!?!?!?

bergevin could trade suzuki for tampa's 7th round pick and you two would spin it into a positive
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:15 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
bergevin could trade suzuki for tampa's 7th round pick and you two would spin it into a positive

Sorry you can't take off your bias hat and see it for what it is.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:28 p.m.
As a non-fan of both teams.

You're dead wrong and Bergevin got fleeced.

I'm glad you it boosted your confidence though.

I already have 15 likes on my post. That's not signs of "dead wrong". Anderson and Domi are a lot closer than they are given credit for. Domi is a 40-50 point guy with a single year spike of 70. Anderson is a 30-40 point guy with a year of injuries. The likely contract difference closes the gap. Also there was a bidding war on Anderson rising the price.

This is one of many dominoes to fall. It's the type of trade that people will look back on and see as a great one for both sides.

I'm glad the Domi over-evaluators got proven wrong with a massive L. Wont deny that feels really good after all the crap the neutral fanbase took from Habs fans.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:31 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

Welcome to CapFriendly! Hell of a time to join!
A_Habs_fan and Wqrrior liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Quoting: Jo_Habs77
Oh, I'm definitely a homer, but I would have agreed with your viewpoint up until last season. Talking today, I think most consider it a win for MTL, time will tell how much longevity Weber will have

But Nashville trade him away so the viewpoint is they got something else for him. Which is fine.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:36 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
It's the earliest one of the three though -_-

what do you mean it's the earliest of the three? we only have 1 third round pick this year.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:39 p.m.
Quoting: reelkena
Pettersson is worth what his next contract will be. Or are you unable to factor value into... value?

Same applies for Domi. Your original comment was folly and you basically just countered yourself. Good job.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:40 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: TanSor
I've been saying it for months but Domi just is not that valuable of an asset. He's skilled as hell but he turns the puck over constantly since he forces extremely high risk plays and he insists on playing center despite his game being much more suited for wing.

100000% this.

Also I feel Montreal knows that Domi is looking for BIG pay day, I dont think hes worth it and looks Momtreal knows that too.

Here is to hoping Jarmo does not overpay Domi.
TanSor, OldNYIfan and HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
You know nothing JS
what do you mean it's the earliest of the three? we only have 1 third round pick this year.

True, sorry. I mixted them up with the seconds. So many off them...
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:46 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: Yojimbo
Same applies for Domi. Your original comment was folly and you basically just countered yourself. Good job.

Domi will not be worth what his team is asking. That was obviously my point. Congratulations you just decided to interpret things in a way that suited you then declared something then used your own declaration as a basis for a fact where your declaration has no facts in the first place. Basically, you're an idiot. Good job.

He's worth roughly 3.2 (not that I would want him at 3.2) and he's gonna get closer to 4.5 I think. I would rather have Anderson and the 3+ million to get another player than Domi. Apparently gm's agree. Suck it up.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:53 p.m.

Josh Anderson didn't even get a spot on the roster... plus Montreal gave up the pick...

If Columbus was giving a 3rd Id still say Columbus won but at least I could see why Montreal did the trade.

Only way this makes sense is if Montreal wasnt planning to give Domi a qualifying offer.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 6:59 p.m.
Josh Anderson didn't even get a spot on the roster... plus Montreal gave up the pick...

If Columbus was giving a 3rd Id still say Columbus won but at least I could see why Montreal did the trade.

Only way this makes sense is if Montreal wasnt planning to give Domi a qualifying offer.

Domi changed agents to Ferris (who is known for getting his clients top money). I bet Domi wants top dollar despite Montreal having no room for him on their top 6. Anderson didn't get a roster spot because he was injured and when he played was snakebitten. Montreal bought Anderson Low
Trickster liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
Domi changed agents to Ferris (who is known for getting his clients top money). I bet Domi wants top dollar despite Montreal having no room for him on their top 6. Anderson didn't get a roster spot because he was injured and when he played was snakebitten. Montreal bought Anderson Low

If you think this is buying low on Anderson then I'm afraid about how much you think he's worth. He is a 30-40 point player.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
Quoting: reelkena
Domi will not be worth what his team is asking. That was obviously my point. Congratulations you just decided to interpret things in a way that suited you then declared something then used your own declaration as a basis for a fact where your declaration has no facts in the first place. Basically, you're an idiot. Good job.

He's worth roughly 3.2 (not that I would want him at 3.2) and he's gonna get closer to 4.5 I think. I would rather have Anderson and the 3+ million to get another player than Domi. Apparently gm's agree. Suck it up.

You got caught making an idiotic comment and putting others down with a broad stroke... and now you are trying to backpedal and keep your head above water.

And the fact that you default to name calling, again, just adds to your fault.

You were wrong. You got called out for it. Too bad, so sad.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 7:22 p.m.
The 3rd gives CBJ the win in the trade. If it was 1-for-1 I would have said fair deal.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 8:27 p.m.
If you think this is buying low on Anderson then I'm afraid about how much you think he's worth. He is a 30-40 point player.

Stop judging a player by looking at their points. Anderson is a physical winger that does more than score

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit