SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/CBJ) - Domi + 2020 3rd round pick for Anderson

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 6, 2020 at 8:33 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver
Stop judging a player by looking at their points. Anderson is a physical winger that does more than score

Domi is also a physical winger...

159 people think Columbus won, 8 people think Montreal won...
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:04 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan

Look at any of Bergevin's trades and you will see he gets outvoted on nearly all of them.

Domi is 5'10" and wasn't a physical player on Montreal.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.
Le patriote
so let's see we are going to give Anderson something around Armia to byron contract instead of 4M+ for the Domi(nated) .... I guess it's fair trade. Now we have Armia Anderson and Gallagher as RW [No more Simmond talks yeah!]. So we paid a 3rd because Domi will go through the arbitration, when Anderson gonna ink as soon as next week!!! Many will say CBJ win until they see the slumpy D'homer!
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:36 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: Yojimbo
You got caught making an idiotic comment and putting others down with a broad stroke... and now you are trying to backpedal and keep your head above water.

And the fact that you default to name calling, again, just adds to your fault.

You were wrong. You got called out for it. Too bad, so sad.

You learned how to comment from Ben Shapiro or something. You changed the topic, made an accusation, declared it as fact and moved on like you won. None of that is real. I didn't back pedal, I'm not wrong about any of this, enjoy your night.
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 9:37 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms

Don't forget to add 2 nhl gm's to that 8. They count for a bit more than you plebs.
HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 10:16 p.m.
Big fan of this deal for the Jackets. A draft pick plus the 2C they're looking for.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 10:20 p.m.
Evans truther
Alright let's look at this one with another point of view,
Montreal let go a player that slowly became a cancer inside this team. He stated it was at center or nowhere and Montreal answered by putting him in the 4C chair, on that day you knew Domi would be out of Montreal before the season starts.
To me the odds of him either, signing a contract he doesn't deserve (7M$/5 years) or going into arbitration, getting his one year deal and get the hell out of there next year are pretty high and that's where I understand the move from Montreal because they won't be overpaying for a 3LW. Montreal gets their version of Tom Wilson (Hopefully now fully healed) for a guy that didn't fit the plans and a third rounder.
Domi has scored plenty of point in Montreal but with Tortorella he'll see quickly enough that gliding on the ice doesn't go unseen in Columbus, in his second year he basically did so every single game showing his switch of attitude. In the end he better be the happy Domi otherwise Columbus will hate his inconsistency and the way he just glides everywhere like it's only a preseason game.

Can't talk much about Anderson but clearly many GMs thought he could be back to his old form and I still trust the process because I've been wrong too many times with Berge trades. I'll resist the urge to take a stand and will wait at the very least until I see the contracts being signed.
Oct. 6, 2020 at 10:26 p.m.
Quoting: ddottay
Big fan of this deal for the Jackets. A draft pick plus the 2C they're looking for.

Domi isn't a center. He's better suited on the wing.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:53 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Domi isn’t a winger, and he’s not physical at all. Sure he’s not afraid to drop the gloves or get into a scrum, but he doesn’t hit. Domi finished 20th on the habs in hits last year, behind multiple players that played less than half as many games as he did. In fact, he was 32nd on the team in hits/60 out of 34 players that played for the habs (the only lower players were Mete & Alzner).
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:56 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: ColonelX
Alright let's look at this one with another point of view,
Montreal let go a player that slowly became a cancer inside this team. He stated it was at center or nowhere and Montreal answered by putting him in the 4C chair, on that day you knew Domi would be out of Montreal before the season starts.

Max Domi has been many things for this team, but a cancer certainly isn’t one of them. The guy loves the game and he loves Montreal. Just because someone gets traded doesn’t mean you need to trash them right away. You can cheer for a team while still liking other players.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:58 a.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Domi isn’t a winger, and he’s not physical at all. Sure he’s not afraid to drop the gloves or get into a scrum, but he doesn’t hit. Domi finished 20th on the habs in hits last year, behind multiple players that played less than half as many games as he did. In fact, he was 32nd on the team in hits/60 out of 34 players that played for the habs (the only lower players were Mete & Alzner).

If you have seen Domi play, which I'm sure you have, I think you'll know that Domi isn't suited to be a centre. He's a left winger.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 3:18 a.m.
Le patriote
Max Domi has been many things for this team, but a cancer certainly isn’t one of them. The guy loves the game and he loves Montreal. Just because someone gets traded doesn’t mean you need to trash them right away. You can cheer for a team while still liking other players.

he was out of Arizone for the same yapping I guess we can conclude that he is unmanageable ...

For those of you who think Habs lose we did a cap relief with this trade because of Alzner agreement. wink ! Looking at situation only by trade perspective is not a great deal and many need to assert that. Geez where a we going with all the fuzz around ... are we on hfboards or what?
Oct. 7, 2020 at 7:30 a.m.
Evans truther

Sorry but when you're removing all relations to your job on socials that's a dumb move only because you're starting to do your little diva that doesn't want to play left wing, if you don't buy in the team's mentality of team success above the position at which they make you play you're becoming a cancer.
I loved Domi his first year but he made me rage this past season mainly because he took Dru's blueprint when things don't go well of not trying harder and I'm sure other guys like Weber had enough of it. I wish him the best but he'll quickly grasp the concept of Torts that if you take nights off you'll get thrown under the bus.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 7:45 a.m.
Evans truther
I also want to bring back the bias on this website against Bergevin. Bergeving traded Galchenyuk coming out of a 51 points season for Domi that had some attitude concerns and a 5 non empty netters.
At the time 70% thought Arizona was the clear winner, aged like milk.
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 7:52 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
If you have seen Domi play, which I'm sure you have, I think you'll know that Domi isn't suited to be a centre. He's a left winger.

I don’t know what you’re seeing, but over about 150 in the past few years, I’ve seen nothing that says that he would be better off on the wing. When he’s on the wing his offense dries up. His game benefits much more from playing in the middle of the ice than it does along the boards. At C Domi’s actually able to get shots on net, whereas when he plays wing he always gets stuck to the outside, and the few shots he does get aren’t dangerous at all because they’re from the outside. Domi’s at his best when he’s able to attack the middle of the ice, rather than getting forced to the perimeter when he plays on the wing.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 9:41 a.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: ColonelX
I also want to bring back the bias on this website against Bergevin. Bergeving traded Galchenyuk coming out of a 51 points season for Domi that had some attitude concerns and a 5 non empty netters.
At the time 70% thought Arizona was the clear winner, aged like milk.

That’s why I haven’t voted yet! 😂
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:02 p.m.
I'm not sure yall are doing a good job at analysing Domi. Stats don't mean ****. Just rewatch some games and only look at Domi. He made so many TO's and was even just passing the puck in front of the net without watching when there was not a single hab there. So frustrating to watch, Galchenyuk type player. He performed when playing as a grinder with skills, but forgot the grinding style this year and looked bad because of it. Also he's not a center haha he looked good in 2018-19 because Shaw was basically doing his C job.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:05 p.m.
Quoting: habitantlecolon
so let's see we are going to give Anderson something around Armia to byron contract instead of 4M+ for the Domi(nated) .... I guess it's fair trade. Now we have Armia Anderson and Gallagher as RW [No more Simmond talks yeah!]. So we paid a 3rd because Domi will go through the arbitration, when Anderson gonna ink as soon as next week!!! Many will say CBJ win until they see the slumpy D'homer!

Not sure about that one, they have Byron at 3.4M and guess they want a longterm deal so maybe 5-7 years IMO Anderson will ask for 6M and habs offer 4 so theyll meet somewhere in the middle hopefully 4-5M
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:09 p.m.
Well it was a great 2 years, Max. Good luck in Columbus.

And I’m hopeful that Anderson can find his game again, but man... this hurts.

Find his game again? When did he lost it lol he played injured until they finally gave him his surgery.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver
Look at any of Bergevin's trades and you will see he gets outvoted on nearly all of them.

Domi is 5'10" and wasn't a physical player on Montreal.

I think it was like 75% of people saying ARZ won when MB traded Galchenyuk for Domi
HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 1:22 p.m.
Voice of unreason
Quoting: Wqrrior
From the start I've been saying this is a fair trade. This was one of my favorite ideas on the site. But habs fans kept advertising Domi as something he isn't. The most overrated player on this website has been moved for a package he is legitimately worth.

This feels great. After all those months of habs fans yelling at me for what they said was a bad take.... it warms my heart. Humble your strong personalities, MTL.

As to the deal itself - its a win win. Overrated players aside, MTL gains physical presence and a need on RW. CBJ gains a middle six center. Both are risk players. Both gain something. Domi isn't worth a hair more.

The Habs had to add a 3rd rounder... Thats sad... Sorry but this is a hard L for the Habs
Oct. 7, 2020 at 1:36 p.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: mnet
Not sure about that one, they have Byron at 3.4M and guess they want a longterm deal so maybe 5-7 years IMO Anderson will ask for 6M and habs offer 4 so theyll meet somewhere in the middle hopefully 4-5M

Well maybe you want to check that https://thehockeycode.com/nhl-contract-projections-2020/
Oct. 7, 2020 at 1:45 p.m.
Quoting: habitantlecolon

LOL you really think Anderson is going to sign 4 years at 2.65M? Well you won't like it when he will sign.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 3:34 p.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: mnet
LOL you really think Anderson is going to sign 4 years at 2.65M? Well you won't like it when he will sign.

Actually this site is build upon NHL stats contract ... look up i said between armia and byron (2,6 - 3.4) range ... are you reading it only one statement at the time?? I'm only showing you how you can project and how they do in the league ... be more sympathetic please!
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:32 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
So according to Darren Dreger, there was a team that had a 1-for-1 deal on the table for Josh Anderson with a player that is a better player than Domi. They were thinking long and hard about it, but backed out last second.

I wonder who that could be? I’d assume that the player was a C, and that that deal was the reason the habs needed to give up a 3rd.

Who do you think was the player?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit