Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/CBJ) - Domi + 2020 3rd round pick for Anderson

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 7, 2021 at 2:26 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: weirfanno1
I wouldn't of traded Domi straight up for Anderson. CBJ gets a third? Bergevin is drinking something much stronger Rutherford has in Pittsburgh.

Yikes.....

somebody brought me back to this forum. Just thoughts I'd remind you of this comment.
Mar. 7, 2021 at 5:45 p.m.
May contain nuts
Quoting: reelkena
somebody brought me back to this forum. Just thoughts I'd remind you of this comment.

They were thinking what a lot of us were thinking, honestly. I was very wrong about this deal; MTL took an enormous risk given Anderson's injury, but it paid off super well.
Mar. 7, 2021 at 5:54 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: EmpressKayla
They were thinking what a lot of us were thinking, honestly. I was very wrong about this deal; MTL took an enormous risk given Anderson's injury, but it paid off super well.

Not only were a lot of you thinking it but the amount of hate I got for disagreeing was hilarious. I couldn't understand and still don't why an injury made you think he would be worse than resident 0/10 nhler max domi.

I had more value to a hockey team than domi did.
Mar. 7, 2021 at 7:05 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: reelkena
Not only were a lot of you thinking it but the amount of hate I got for disagreeing was hilarious. I couldn't understand and still don't why an injury made you think he would be worse than resident 0/10 nhler max domi.

I had more value to a hockey team than domi did.

I’m sure the fact that Blue Jacket’s fans contributed a combined 1 word to this thread in the first 5 pages definitely help contribute to the narrative. Although what I’m perplexed by is the fact that there were Jacket’s fans who didn’t call out Jarmo, since they’d been watching Josh Anderson for 267 games already. After seeing Anderson play in Montréal, how could anyone ever be ok with their favourite team moving him?
reelkena liked this.
Mar. 7, 2021 at 7:05 p.m.
Fanboys make bad Gms
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I’m sure the fact that Blue Jacket’s fans contributed a combined 1 word to this thread in the first 5 pages definitely help contribute to the narrative. Although what I’m perplexed by is the fact that there were Jacket’s fans who didn’t call out Jarmo, since they’d been watching Josh Anderson for 267 games already. After seeing Anderson play in Montréal, how could anyone ever be ok with their favourite team moving him?

This is the absolute truth
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Mar. 8, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

Domi was coming off an alright season while Anderson was coming off an injured season where he put up 4 points. It was also a recurring injury and coupled with the fact he was immediately signed for seven years. Everyone just assumed the worst for Montreal since no one really figured Anderson would start off hot, and wouldn't have guessed that Domi would immediately fall out of favor and bounce around a struggling Columbus' bottom six.

Unless Domi turns into an All-Star this week, I think we all looked like idiots on this one.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 10, 2021 at 6:44 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
sk7VNHTnPj4AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

This is what Bergevin should have looked at but instead it seems like Columbus gave him like a b**ty pic or something to make it seem fair to him.

Man reading this is funny now but I guess this probably isn't the first or last trade this happened eh
oneX and ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Mar. 15, 2021 at 11:26 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Josh Anderson
15GP 9G 2A 11P +5 42 Hits

Max Domi
17GP 2G 4A 6P -7 5 Hits

Josh Anderson 25GP 11G 5A 16PTS
Max Domi 30GP 5G 6A 11PT

When your PWF has more goals than a point producing forward has points, that's very telling.
Mar. 16, 2021 at 3:31 p.m.
I heff to be mad...
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
Jarmo robbery

Babhahah
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 16, 2021 at 4:56 p.m.
Buljujarvi
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Babhahah

You ok? Need a quick drink of water?
Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 9:21 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: aadoyle
enough to make me question how the **** has he not been fired yet.

U were like 14 months early lol
Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 9:33 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oilersguy
U were like 14 months early lol

Its a weird yet funny gift lul
oilersguy, IconicHawk and Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 5, 2023 at 11:08 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I wish trades like these had a "No" bc neither team won...

Josh Anderson has one of the 10 worst contracts in the NHL and is a boat anchor in MTL, he bad at offence, defence and hits as frequently as Matthews does in the playoffs while having less fights that him

Domi didn't fare much better in CBJ - He was so bad, CBJ HAD TO RETAIN SALARY AND PAY FOR THE RETENTITION

The only bright side to this trade is that Domi's playing very well in TO and has just gotten unlucky (3% shooting percentage is unheard of)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit