SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MIN/NSH) - Kunin for Bonino

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
Quoting: Random2152
Oh yeah Min is trying to win. Their owner is forcing them to. Keep that in mind when evaluating or predicting their moves.
Maybe Kunin turns it around, but he hasn't been good in MIN - like at all. The popular opinion here on CF is puzzling.

Hmm. Maybe it's because he's 22 and still hasn't reached his full potential yet? You know, age and natural progression is something that can't be explained by stupid analytics graphs
hockeyfanatic05 liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:16 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: willdog37
Hmm. Maybe it's because he's 22 and still hasn't reached his full potential yet? You know, age and natural progression is something that can't be explained by stupid analytics graphs

It absolutely can be you mongrel. Don't make comments like this on something you clearly don't understand.
Wqrrior liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:17 p.m.
Minnesota gets a 10/10 in the draft so far and a 0/10 on trades lol what is Guerin thinking!
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:18 p.m.
torontos finest
Oh yeah Min is trying to win. Their owner is forcing them to. Keep that in mind when evaluating or predicting their moves.
Maybe Kunin turns it around, but he hasn't been good in MIN - like at all. The popular opinion here on CF is puzzling.

He's still young and was probably in a role too big for him in Minnesota. If he doesn't improve in Nashville then, yeah, he's not all that great.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Bonino is still a useful player, not a cap dump ... but Kunin will still probably cost less, and he's younger, while Bonino is only signed for a year. I'd say Nashville wins.
Wqrrior liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:24 p.m.
Banned
It absolutely can be you mongrel. Don't make comments like this on something you clearly don't understand.

You are the one thats wrong
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:24 p.m.
AwesomeMatthews
Minnesota NHL's new retirement home? lets just hope Andrew Cuomo doesn't send some covid patients to Minnesota I guess.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
Not yet trannycided
MIN gets some high-ish picks. That's good.

But they also dealt a young guy who improved a lot this year. That's not so good.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 1:10 p.m.
Banned
and again and again - here is my answer - Bill Guerin must be related to Jim Rutherford
Oct. 7, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: grodziQ
and again and again - here is my answer - Bill Guerin must be related to Jim Rutherford

Khusnutdinov could be a stud and better than both players.
rollie1967, Wqrrior and JayTea liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 1:20 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
I cant take this rollercoaster anymore.

First the trade with Pittsburgh, then the trades, drafting Rossi, and now Kunin traded.

Smh
Oct. 7, 2020 at 1:44 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Getting Khustnutdinov is nice. If Kunin can become a top 6 player I'll give the win to Nashville.
Wqrrior liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 4:20 p.m.
14m in dead cap
Fair deal. Nashville sheds some salary and gets a young player who probably is a career 3rd liner who can contribute now. Minnesota gets a center who they can flip at the deadline if they're out of it and a couple more prospects into the pipeline. I liked Kunin on the Wild, but it's worth rolling the dice on someone else.
Wqrrior liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 6:06 p.m.
Edited Oct. 7, 2020 at 6:19 p.m.
Minnesota got a good 2nd rounder and an decent upgrade on the 2nd pick. Nothing wrong with Bonino , and they can always flip him at the deadline. Kunin may be younger- but he hasnt shown what you would expect from a high-pick. The 2nd rounder swings this trade in Minnesotas favour.
JayTea liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:34 a.m.
Quoting: wabit
NSH wins this. It's not even close.

It's totally close.

Kunin is overrated. I'm not sure why... probably where he was selected. Seems to be following a similar trend to Virtanen. If Virtanen was moved for this package, everyone would be saying VAN fleeced NSH. He's a checking forward who might get 40 points at most.
I still like his fit in NSH.

Lest we forget that on top of a season of Bonino, there's also a high 2nd and 3rd in there. They got a great pick with that 2nd. In fact I don't see Kunin as being worth much more than a 2nd and 3rd as is.

I like this for both sides. We will know the true winner after these picks (and Kunin) get some time to develop.
JayTea and rollie1967 liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:35 a.m.
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
You are the one thats wrong

lol k then.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:37 a.m.

Yeah I agree with your take. In VAN's series vs them, I was watching the 3 bigger forwards (especially when they were paired together) in Foglino - Ek - Kunin, and Kunin appeared to just play the role of a wrecking ball. Didn't generate much and always appeared to be the weakest link on whatever line he was on. Heck, Foglino was more dangerous offensively.

Don't get me wrong, I think he has some ability to turn it around. I like his fit on NSH. But as of now, the 2nd and 3rd alone are sufficient for me. Bonino is a great added bonus for a team that will likely run a 4 line balanced roster. For me, this move is all about developing Kaprizov. He - and fiala - have taken over as the big names in MIN.... do whatever it takes to make sure they reach their potentials.
Random2152 and JayTea liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:39 a.m.
Quoting: tormundgiantsbane
Minnesota gets a 10/10 in the draft so far and a 0/10 on trades lol what is Guerin thinking!

They've won / came very close in every single trade they've made. Why are all these fans so short tempered? Lets at least see the roster first.
JayTea liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 4:44 a.m.
Quoting: Wqrrior
Yeah I agree with your take. In VAN's series vs them, I was watching the 3 bigger forwards (especially when they were paired together) in Foglino - Ek - Kunin, and Kunin appeared to just play the role of a wrecking ball. Didn't generate much and always appeared to be the weakest link on whatever line he was on. Heck, Foglino was more dangerous offensively.

Don't get me wrong, I think he has some ability to turn it around. I like his fit on NSH. But as of now, the 2nd and 3rd alone are sufficient for me. Bonino is a great added bonus for a team that will likely run a 4 line balanced roster. For me, this move is all about developing Kaprizov. He - and fiala - have taken over as the big names in MIN.... do whatever it takes to make sure they reach their potentials.

Wow you saw a lot in the less that 2 mins Foligno/JEE/Kunin were on the ice together in the VAN series. It was Parise/JEE/Kunin for 3 of the games the other game he was stuck in the Chucky/Zucc blackhole of a line. Parise (he looked old and slow) was the weakest player on that line not Kunin.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 8:23 a.m.
They've won / came very close in every single trade they've made. Why are all these fans so short tempered? Lets at least see the roster first.

I can't claim to know much about Minnesota's roster. I'm a Rangers fan first and foremost, but Minnesota is one of my secondary favorite teams so I follow them but I'm not too familiar with everyone on the team/in the organization. That being said, I was dumbfounded when they traded a good young C/W and a pick for a washed-up Bonino and picks. But their drafting was superior to almost every other team and that may make up for it.

EDIT: Khusnutdinov should've been a first-round pick, so the fact that they got him with the pick acquired in this trade may give a slight edge to Minnesota after all.
JayTea liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 8:48 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
How on earth is the voting so lopsided? Bonino is a better player than Kunin, and Khusnutdinov could be a steal. I’d say this is a clear win for the Wild.
JayTea and rollie1967 liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 8:50 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
And it appears that Nick Bonino is really underrated by some people on this website.
JayTea liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:53 a.m.
14m in dead cap

About time someone says this. There isn't a single trade Guerin has lost on, they've all been fair trades. People on this site are so dumb, I really want someone to explain how the Dubnyk trade is even remotely a loss.
Wqrrior liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:01 a.m.
torontos finest
I like this trade a little more for the Wild post-draft.

Don't think giving away Kunin was a fantastic idea given their centre core, but Bonino is currently the better player and they make use of those picks (already mentioned Khud, but they traded up to get Daemon Hunt).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit