SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

TML draft class since Dubarelli in charge

Oct. 7, 2020 at 6:58 p.m.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 7:16 p.m.
torontos finest
Would be real cool if you went back to not watching hockey.
aadoyle and Daryl liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 9:14 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

I wouldn’t say that at all. Couple of small guys and few bigger kids. I like what he picked up. Especially Vilenueve in the 4th round. Pick up like what 4 or 5 rhd. Not bad. Got some talent up front. The other thing to consider is that there was no combine so height and weight may be a bit off.
aadoyle liked this.
Oct. 7, 2020 at 9:19 p.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
I wouldn’t say that at all. Couple of small guys and few bigger kids. I like what he picked up. Especially Vilenueve in the 4th round. Pick up like what 4 or 5 rhd. Not bad. Got some talent up front. The other thing to consider is that there was no combine so height and weight may be a bit off.

Villeneuve and Niemela are the only pics i can nod to.....tho i gave advantage to Cotton and Perrott in my simulation....
Oct. 7, 2020 at 9:40 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Laudan
Villeneuve and Niemela are the only pics i can nod to.....tho i gave advantage to Cotton and Perrott in my simulation....

I like all the Dmen they picked up. All rhd too lol.
aadoyle liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 9:33 a.m.
Five foot nothing and a buck seventy is not hard to play against.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:12 a.m.
get ur corsi up

Heights of the top scorers of this years Stanley Cup championships:

5'11
5'10
6'6
5'11
5'9
5'11

The league is changing rapidly. Kyle Dubas is changing with it.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:15 a.m.
When is dumbaz team supposed to start winning???
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:34 a.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: awsomemathews
Five foot nothing and a buck seventy is not hard to play against.

18 year olds usually don't play in the nhl.

imagine pissing your pants about the heights and weights of kids that could snap you in half without breaking a sweat
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:44 a.m.
Neither do midgets
Quoting: mondo

imagine pissing your pants about the heights and weights of kids that could snap you in half without breaking a sweat
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:50 a.m.
torontos finest
Neither do midgets

yeah bud no one in the nhl is 5'11". gotta be 6 feet or over.

unrelated, but it's incredible how you managed to spell both "awesome" and "matthews" wrong in your name.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:54 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Neither do midgets

You don't draft gritty players. Look at the Lightning. They drafted strictly by talent and then through free agency and trades brought in bigger and more rough players (Maroon, Goodrow, Bogosian, etc). Biggest story of the playoffs is how stupid every GM was for passing on Brayden Point at the draft. The NHL isn't about big zero-talent players that can hit; its about fast, high IQ, and skillful players that can produce. Always draft on talent, then bring in the bottom six plugs in free agency to beat up the other teams stars.
leaflet and aadoyle liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: mondo

imagine pissing your pants when i picked them up over my head and took about four steps before i launched them through the air at you
mondo liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:02 a.m.
Quoting: Daryl
You don't draft gritty players. Look at the Lightning. They drafted strictly by talent and then through free agency and trades brought in bigger and more rough players (Maroon, Goodrow, Bogosian, etc). Biggest story of the playoffs is how stupid every GM was for passing on Brayden Point at the draft. The NHL isn't about big zero-talent players that can hit; its about fast, high IQ, and skillful players that can produce. Always draft on talent, then bring in the bottom six plugs in free agency to beat up the other teams stars.

If everybody drafts on talent then where do the guys you trade for, to so call finish the job, come from.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:03 a.m.
get ur corsi up
If everybody drafts on talent then where do the guys you trade for to so call finish the job come from.

Nothing wrong with picking those guys in the late rounds when the talented players are gone. Otherwise, you sign a lot of them as UDFA's.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.
Heights of the top scorers of this years Stanley Cup championships:

5'11
5'10
6'6
5'11
5'9
5'11

The league is changing rapidly. Kyle Dubas is changing with it.

Have you noticed a wall of 6'3ers playing behind those? the ones that know what Defence is ? well, TML dont have those....
awsomemathews liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:21 a.m.
torontos finest
Nothing wrong with picking those guys in the late rounds when the talented players are gone. Otherwise, you sign a lot of them as UDFA's.

Or you move the skill guys to the teams that decided Hunk Badunga in the 3rd round was a good option because he was 6'4".
Daryl liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:25 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Have you noticed a wall of 6'3ers playing behind those? the ones that know what Defence is ? well, TML dont have those....

Someone didn't bother reading my other posts to understand my point.

You bring in the big guys via trades in FA. You don't waste a first round pick because someone has "grit".
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.
Someone didn't bother reading my other posts to understand my point.

You bring in the big guys via trades in FA. You don't waste a first round pick because someone has "grit".

What do you give Dumdaz for this draft. I rate it a B at best. Look at Steve Y or Dorion. After the top 5 picks you look at their mix of picks and I think they got the A.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:38 a.m.
get ur corsi up
What do you give Dumdaz for this draft. I rate it a B at best. Look at Steve Y or Dorion. After the top 5 picks you look at their mix of picks and I think they got the A.

I mean, Yzerman and Dorion both had higher picks in each round so of course they brought in more talent than we did. Overall, I felt like Dubas brought in a good amount of value. I think its around an A-
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:51 a.m.
A lot of Dorians and Steve Ys last 5 or 6 picks are big players and north american.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:55 a.m.
get ur corsi up
A lot of Dorians and Steve Ys last 5 or 6 picks are big players.

I never once said a GM should target small players. They should target skilled players regardless of whether they are 5'10 or 6'6. That is my main point; prioritize skill over everything.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.

I think you nailed it. I feel that Dubas is closely following the Tampa Bay model of years past and trying to snatch the Point/Palat/Kucherov type of players. This draft is the perfect example. We'll see how well it worked four-five years from now.
Daryl liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:56 p.m.
Edited Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:16 p.m.

Quoting: leaflet
I think you nailed it. I feel that Dubas is closely following the Tampa Bay model of years past and trying to snatch the Point/Palat/Kucherov type of players. This draft is the perfect example. We'll see how well it worked four-five years from now.

You mean Tampa Bay who drafted their Cup core of skillers listed above from 2011-2014 ( and the main two in 2008 and 2009 ) ? Its the D behind them that made it happened and trading for those guys costs you, ask Muzzin.

well damn, further 6-9 years of mocking to be served by other Fan bases on top of 53 Years......by that time Desert Queen will be in Arizona, Tavares, Rielly and Muzzin in retirement home...cant wait for the Parade tho.....
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:59 p.m.
torontos finest
You mean Tampa Bay who drafted their Cup core of skillers listed above from 2011-2014 ( and the main two in 2008 and 2009 )

Who were the two teams to make the 2015 Stanley Cup Finals?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll