Initial Creation Date: Oct. 8, 2020
Published: Oct. 8, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If I'm alone I cannot hate
I don't deserve to have you
Ooh, my smile was taken long ago
If I can change I hope I never know

Just to make it clear, this post is more for me to vent. If your a fan of a different team, I don't really care much of what you have to say about how your team has suffered. Honestly, this is not about my hatred to the Blackhawks organization, I still love the team, but I hate Bowman. If you read my post before you know I want him gone so bad. I chose these lyrics because I really feel that Slipknot's "Snuff" pretty much describes a bit how I feel. Nothing but pain. Crawford deserves so much better. Spent his entire career in Chicago, made the NHL all rookie team in 2011, 488 games played for the organization, 260 wins, 12,778 saves, 2.45 GAA, a .918 save percentage, 26 shutouts, holds the record for most playoff wins in Blackhawks goaltending history, 2 all star game appearances, 2 time William M. Jennings Trophy winner, 2 time Stanley Cup champion, and what I would consider most important, gave his all every single night for a team with the leagues worst defense! I understand Bowman is putting more faith in the young guys which is a good thing, but Delia is the only one who played a NHL season as a back up. In my opinion, Crow got a lot more hate than he deserved, and it really should be Bowman leaving instead of Crow. I hate Bowman so much! This just really sucks! I hope to god his ass is fired soon! Crow deserves so much better and he might not even be in the league for much longer anyway!
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$64,667,147$1,090,244$4,282,500$16,832,853
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
G
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD
UFA - 3
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:06 p.m.
Unbiased Hawks Fan
As sad as I am about Crawford. We should honestly be excited about our young goalies. I mean, aren't supposed to be excited for Lankinen and Delia? Weren't we supposed to believe that one day they could hold the mantle. I still think the hawks pursue a starting goalie this offseason tho. I also think Bowman gets too much hate, but apparently I'm the only Hawks fan that thinks that.
exo2769, SlickWilly and Hawksince71 liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:08 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: Unbiased_Hawks_Fan
As sad as I am about Crawford. We should honestly be excited about our young goalies. I mean, aren't supposed to be excited for Lankinen and Delia? Weren't we supposed to believe that one day they could hold the mantle. I still think the hawks pursue a starting goalie this offseason tho. I also think Bowman gets too much hate, but apparently I'm the only Hawks fan that thinks that.

I agree with you. I think Bowman's made a ton of good moves. AND we get on him for signing Blackhawks Veterans for too long and too much money like Bickell and Seabs, but this is what the opposite looks like. This is exactly what Hawks fans need to realize they're WANTING when we complain about Seabs contract.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:20 p.m.

Quoting: exo2769
I agree with you. I think Bowman's made a ton of good moves. AND we get on him for signing Blackhawks Veterans for too long and too much money like Bickell and Seabs, but this is what the opposite looks like. This is exactly what Hawks fans need to realize they're WANTING when we complain about Seabs contract.

Both is true, and I am honestly excited to see Lankinen and Delia get a chance to shine. I understand why Bowman had let him go, but it's like the situation with Corey Perry. You see someone where one sweater for a long time that it looks weird to see them in another sweater. Not only that but I always felt Crow would have retired a Hawk. He doesn't have much left in him. Crow might not be in the league for another five years because of his injuries. I wouldn't be happy if he was given Seabrooks contract and that isn't what I'm asking for. I'm saying that Bowman should have found a way to sign him for a decent price for 3 years, allow Crow to show Lankinen and Delia the ropes, basically be their mentor in How to Goalie in the NHL 101.
exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:23 p.m.
Honestly, we are undergoing a soft rebuild of sorts. Bowman cant admit it, because that doesnt sell tickets and put money into the org, but thats basically what hes doing. "We are trusting the younger kids" basically translates to "we are going to develop our prospects and build up our pool for the future"
ChiHawk, exo2769 and hockeyfan78 liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:32 p.m.
I'm reading that Smith stayed on LITR as a strategy against Bowman so he couldn't be bought out as the CBA doesn't allow for LITR players to be bought out. Maybe that's not true and he's truly on LITR or maybe he's not coming back from LITR. Back surgery, I think he had a fusion, is not easy to come back from for a hockey player. Either way, I think Bowman buries him in the minors or he stays on LITR; both scenarios saving additional cap space.

One journalist made an important comment that I think echos where we are at. Crawford wouldn't agree to roughly $3.5M and was expecting around $5M. Is re-signing Crow worth losing Strome or Kubalik when we are trying to retool on the fly with younger players? The answer is of course no. As such, re-sign Strome and Kubalik and let's see what the young kids have (Strome, Nylander, Debrincat, Dach, Kubalik, Carlsson, Highmore, Mitchell, Boqvist, Delia, Lankinen, etc.). It's a fair approach in a abbreviated season and a flat cap world right now. I'm no fan of Bowman but honestly this team is not a cup contender so why sign Crow for big money ($4.5M to $5.5M) and pretend we are?
hockeyfan78 and Hawks_Are_Dumm liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 4:03 p.m.

... thus it can’t be called sport without the legion of fans who have the rite to express their opinion about what a manager did or didn’t do. What sometimes fans forget is the “fan” has limited information about a decision, and emotion which can rule the head.

I waited 49 years to watch this franchise become champions, and to be fortunate to watch two more championships was a privileged. I have seen some pretty pitiful clubs along this journey, and the current roster is light years ahead of those horrible clubs.

What I have seen differently over this last decade is this franchise has created a culture of winning. If you aren’t good enough to qualify for post season, then changes must be made. And sometimes changes are not popular but still need to get done.

Oh my God! The team hasn’t played one game, and so many have already doomed the season. And what if they get off to a slow start? So what? This team needs to continue its youth movement. The New York Rangers are the new model for today’s NHL.

There is much to be excited about this club. Can they realistically compete for the cup? Hell no. Could anybody say yes in back in 2007or 2008?

The NHL is the best professional league for parity. It is damn difficult to repeat as Stanley Cup finalists, yet be champions. Just ask the Blues & the Bruins? The Hawks made it to the Conference final, five times in seven years. For me, that is a the dynasty. Hawks fans relish that feat.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: Hawksince71
... thus it can’t be called sport without the legion of fans who have the rite to express their opinion about what a manager did or didn’t do. What sometimes fans forget is the “fan” has limited information about a decision, and emotion which can rule the head.

I waited 49 years to watch this franchise become champions, and to be fortunate to watch two more championships was a privileged. I have seen some pretty pitiful clubs along this journey, and the current roster is light years ahead of those horrible clubs.

What I have seen differently over this last decade is this franchise has created a culture of winning. If you aren’t good enough to qualify for post season, then changes must be made. And sometimes changes are not popular but still need to get done.

Oh my God! The team hasn’t played one game, and so many have already doomed the season. And what if they get off to a slow start? So what? This team needs to continue its youth movement. The New York Rangers are the new model for today’s NHL.

There is much to be excited about this club. Can they realistically compete for the cup? Hell no. Could anybody say yes in back in 2007or 2008?

The NHL is the best professional league for parity. It is damn difficult to repeat as Stanley Cup finalists, yet be champions. Just ask the Blues & the Bruins? The Hawks made it to the Conference final, five times in seven years. For me, that is a the dynasty. Hawks fans relish that feat.

Honestly, thank you! Reading this made me remember that there are teams that have it worst than the Hawks do right now. Not only that but other teams going through longer, more painful rebuilds. While my opinion on Bowman remains the same, but I now personally feel a bit better about the future of the Blackhawks. Then again, it doesn't really matter much because as you said, as fans, the information we have is limited in what went into each decision a gm makes.
Hawks_Are_Dumm liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll